OT: Fordham baseball...who knew?

For 150 Years, Fordham Baseball’s Tradition of Winning

By JACK CURRY

Published: April 5, 2009

The team with the most victories in college baseball history practiced energetically Thursday. Players ran from behind the batting cage to the plate to take their swings, outfielders dashed after fly balls and infielders vacuumed up grounders. The practice had a nice rhythm.

This scene did not occur in California, Florida or Texas, places where college baseball is in the spotlight. It occurred on a cool afternoon in the Bronx, six subway stops away from Yankee Stadium. It happened at Fordham University, the humble home of the team that surprisingly has the most wins of any N.C.A.A. Division I baseball program.

for the rest:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/06/sports/b...rdham.html?_r=4

Well, you had time to click on something listed "OT" and was clearly labeled as a story about Fordham baseball...AND REPLIED!

Why don't you go to the Fordham site. Perhaps they'll care about this stuff. This is SLU board. I could care less about Fordham baseball. Just because they're in the A10 doesn't mean we need to hear about every story that comes up.

Nope, we don't have to read about everything Fordham...and WE DON'T! Can you list for me the stories I've posted about Fordham? Care to bet that its less than a handfull?

I found it to be an interesting read about a fellow Jesuit institution that we play on a regular basis, AND its already been viewed more than 100 times by the readers of this board in just a few short hours.

So SOMEONE cares... including you, Postcard. You've been here several times already just to reply to the thread.

Nope, we don't have to read about everything Fordham...and WE DON'T! Can you list for me the stories I've posted about Fordham? Care to bet that its less than a handfull?

I found it to be an interesting read about a fellow Jesuit institution that we play on a regular basis, AND its already been viewed more than 100 times by the readers of this board in just a few short hours.

So SOMEONE cares... including you, Postcard. You've been here several times already just to reply to the thread.

It was interesting to the non-trolls among us. Thanks.

Great. Keep us posted on the LaSalle lacross team and the St. Bonaventure softball squad. Don't forget to let us know how the St. Joseph's diving recruits that might be coming in for a visit.

It was interesting to the non-trolls among us. Thanks.

I didn't think you'd show your face around here after that beatdown Doc B put on you. Yikes.

I found it interesting, I think that it is related since it is an A-10 school,and right now nothing going on.

I would have never guessed that Fordham would have the most wins in baseball.I would have guessed Arizona,Arizona State,Miami,USC ,or perhaps Florida.

Great. Keep us posted on the LaSalle lacross team and the St. Bonaventure softball squad. Don't forget to let us know how the St. Joseph's diving recruits that might be coming in for a visit.

I didn't think you'd show your face around here after that beatdown Doc B put on you. Yikes.

Doc B is a symbol of what is wrong in higher education in this country as you are to what is wrong with message boards.

Troll on Tigerfella.

Without having read the article (yet) Fordham has a big presence in SL baseball history. Rogers Hornsby was traded for Frankie Frisch (the "Fordham Flash") which led to a big uproar in SL until his Gashouse Gang again brought winning (and zany) baseball to SL.

Before my time and yours, but some of the funniest stories in baseball lore came from that team. Possibly the best record of that team is J Roy Stockton's "The Gashouse Gang." I'm sure it's available in the SL Library system and Amazon.

UPDATE:

Thought you guys would probably like to know this. St. Bonnies is in the A10 so it's pretty relavent

Bonnies doubleheader times against Fordham changed

Brown and White look to get back into win column against Rams

April 8, 2009

ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. - The St. Bonaventure softball team's scheduled doubleheader against Atlantic 10 foe Fordham on Thursday, April 9, at McGraw Jennings Field has been moved back due to winter weather conditions.

The Brown and White were supposed to start their twin bill against the Rams at 12:00 pm, but the new start time for game one has been moved back to 2:00 pm. Game two of the series will begin immediately after the conclusion of game one.

Fans can follow the action through Game Tracker on www.GOBONNIES.com.

UPDATE:

Thought you guys would probably like to know this. St. Bonnies is in the A10 so it's pretty relavent

Bonnies doubleheader times against Fordham changed

Brown and White look to get back into win column against Rams

April 8, 2009

ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. - The St. Bonaventure softball team's scheduled doubleheader against Atlantic 10 foe Fordham on Thursday, April 9, at McGraw Jennings Field has been moved back due to winter weather conditions.

The Brown and White were supposed to start their twin bill against the Rams at 12:00 pm, but the new start time for game one has been moved back to 2:00 pm. Game two of the series will begin immediately after the conclusion of game one.

Fans can follow the action through Game Tracker on www.GOBONNIES.com.

Dude, you're beginning to toe the troll line.

Ace, give it a rest. Your opinion isn't the only one all of us ought to base the standard of trolling on.

Of course it's not, but you may have also noticed recently that many others have also recently called him out for posting with the primary intent to "antagonize." His responses in this thread is just another example and is consistent with what he has done dating back to his previous persona - billiphan. When postcard appeared, he started in with the exact same billiphan act - the meet my at my seats routine, etc. After getting called on it, he has toned down his act a bit, but he has been basically toeing the line ever since.

Of course it's not, but you may have also noticed recently that many others have also recently called him out for posting with the primary intent to "antagonize." His responses in this thread is just another example and is consistent with what he has done dating back to his previous persona - billiphan. When postcard appeared, he started in with the exact same billiphan act - the meet my at my seats routine, etc. After getting called on it, he has toned down his act a bit, but he has been basically toeing the line ever since.

I would agree with you IF this post hadn't started with OT:, don't like the subject don't read the post, that is what the OT: was for. :D

In hindsight, I might have crossed the line. But my intentions were sincere. I don't get the fascinaton with hearing about the Fordham baseball team because Fordham is a Jesuit institution. I've brought this up before when people get really geeked up about playing other Jesuit schools. I don't understand why it matters. It's not like a big prayer circle is going to start up before the game. It's a sporting event. The fact that some of the observers may or may not share similar religous beliefs is meaningless.

As far as Ace goes, your only purpose on this board is to antagonize. You rarely if ever respond or address the points brought up in threads. You are one to talk about repeating the same tired act. You're just as bad as anyone, myself included. The only difference is I actually support the Bills and you don't.

I would agree with you IF this post hadn't started with OT:, don't like the subject don't read the post, that is what the OT: was for. :D

I agree completely. There was only one person who took issue with it and that individual is someone with a long history of antagonism on the board.

In hindsight, I might have crossed the line. But my intentions were sincere. I don't get the fascinaton with hearing about the Fordham baseball team because Fordham is a Jesuit institution. I've brought this up before when people get really geeked up about playing other Jesuit schools. I don't understand why it matters. It's not like a big prayer circle is going to start up before the game. It's a sporting event. The fact that some of the observers may or may not share similar religous beliefs is meaningless.

As far as Ace goes, your only purpose on this board is to antagonize. You rarely if ever respond or address the points brought up in threads. You are one to talk about repeating the same tired act. You're just as bad as anyone, myself included. The only difference is I actually support the Bills and you don't.

Postie, Just because you don't care about something, it's arrogant to suggest that no one else should either. Talk about cluttering up a message board...look in the mirror, son. It's a big world out there with fine people with many different interests and opinions to share. An innocent post like this (which I enjoyed, by the way) should not invoke such behavior. Makes you look silly and narrow minded. Get out of your basement occassionally.