Sorry

I think that is great for MO. I would be interested in the full story regarding the UG offer. Most of what I have read recently about Calipari and Anderson's offers have not been true - at least compared to what has been written lately. I did hear a reporter from Atlanta talking about how poor the field house was at UG and that the BB job would always be a step child to football there. Perhaps all of that played a major role in Anderson's decision. I am also not sure if Memphis ever actually had a chance to offer him but I never thought that move made much sense to me - why go to a non-BCS school from a BCS school?

what makes anderson's new deal ironclad? if memphis still wants him, i am sure there is a penalty for leaving columbia, but some old cotton plantation and sugar cane family will pay it.

i would say tiger fans can breath easier, but until the merry go round stops spinning completely, i wouldnt go to sleep yet. there is no doubt mike anderson is the flavor of the month and it isnt over yet.

what makes anderson's new deal ironclad? if memphis still wants him, i am sure there is a penalty for leaving columbia, but some old cotton plantation and sugar cane family will pay it.

i would say tiger fans can breath easier, but until the merry go round stops spinning completely, i wouldnt go to sleep yet. there is no doubt mike anderson is the flavor of the month and it isnt over yet.

I think Cal was a better coach than Memphis is a program. It is in a crappy non-bsc conference. I'm not saying Mizzou has a better b-ball history, but I think it is a better job.

I think Rickma would be a better fit for memphis than Anderson. He could get some big time recruits and games that he can't get at SLU and that Anderson can't get.

what memphis has to offer is basically an open checkbook. huge salary bump and the backing to do basically WHATEVER a coach wants to do thereafter. we dream of a fred smith.

That is what he has at Old Mizzou, but in a big time conf.

even bill laurie in his walmart prime wasnt the benefactor/helper that fred smith is at memphis.

freeze out, i was only pointing out that memphis indeed does have something (or in this case, someone) that the tiger program does not. memphis basketball is a religion there. and smith is the big fish supporter that most programs dream of. i am not going to go into all the stories of fed ex "help" to the program, you can easily find them on line. and if 1/10 of it is true, it is quite remarkable.

before you poo it, why else did calipari get the who's who of high school ball each year heading to beale street. he isnt that good to snag the player EVERY year. yet he was. it will be interesting to see if old tobaccy money in lexington will support his efforts as well.

freeze out, i was only pointing out that memphis indeed does have something (or in this case, someone) that the tiger program does not. memphis basketball is a religion there. and smith is the big fish supporter that most programs dream of. i am not going to go into all the stories of fed ex "help" to the program, you can easily find them on line. and if 1/10 of it is true, it is quite remarkable.

before you poo it, why else did calipari get the who's who of high school ball each year heading to beale street. he isnt that good to snag the player EVERY year. yet he was. it will be interesting to see if old tobaccy money in lexington will support his efforts as well.

I think Anderson is probably staying put now since Mizzou came though, but I will agree with Roy that Memphis is still more of a power-house basketball school than the majority of BCS schools. Memphis and the area around it have a concentration of big-time talent, the area loves hoops, and they have a tradition. It is weird that they stayed in CUSA after there breakup, but that is driven by football more than hoops.

I think Anderson is probably staying put now since Mizzou came though, but I will agree with Roy that Memphis is still more of a power-house basketball school than the majority of BCS schools. Memphis and the area around it have a concentration of big-time talent, the area loves hoops, and they have a tradition. It is weird that they stayed in CUSA after there breakup, but that is driven by football more than hoops.

That is why I think Rickma makes more sense that the flavor of the month Anderson

I'm not sure they had many options.

That is why I think Rickma makes more sense that the flavor of the month Anderson

RM is not going anywhere unless Biondi tells him he is out which is not likely to happen. He is happy here and this is kind of his last hurrah. If he wanted to be some place with a lot of pressure he would have and could have gone there rather SLU.

I'd be willing to bet that Memphis won't even make the tournament next year unless they win the conference tourney.

I'd be willing to bet that Memphis won't even make the tournament next year unless they win the conference tourney.

explain your thought process on that? do you really think the powers to be are not going to bring in a coach to be reckoned with?

heck an idiot and horrible recruiter like larry finch had a national player of a team every year. i would bet that whomever memphis gets as a coach will be somewhere between finch and calipari.

also, keep in mind fred smith and all the rest of the over the top memphis boosters are not moving to lexington. they will still be going crazy regardless of who the coach will be.

heck, wouldnt surprise me to see someone the ilk of sampson show up on beale street.

-wow, there is a perfect fit

actually just another version of calipari if you ask me. only a better floor coach than calipari.