GDT: SLU Billikens vs. Dayton Flyers

jimbofive

It came on after the SLU game and i didn't change the channel. And they have someone named D'Frantz...who wouldn't watch?

I was just giving you trouble. The last time I watched a game on that channel (the Xavier game) the following game was the SMU-Marshall women's game and for some reason I kept checking that game out eventhough the BCS National Championship game was on.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE losing because of turnovers. Esp. from guys that have played 30 mins a game for their entire 4-year college careers. I hate to keep ragging on those two, but they deserve it. I hate to think that they're really packing it in, but they've got nothing right now. Anybody gonna watch Rice vs. Tulsa Girls BB!?!? I'm going to take a bath with the toaster and call it a night.

I was just giving you trouble. The last time I watched a game on that channel (the Xavier game) the following game was the SMU-Marshall women's game and for some reason I kept checking that game out eventhough the BCS National Championship game was on.

LOL. I bet those Thundering Herd gals were real lookers.

I HATE losing because of turnovers. Esp. from guys that have played 30 mins a game for their entire 4-year college careers. I hate to keep ragging on those two, but they deserve it. I hate to think that they're really packing it in, but they've got nothing right now. Anybody gonna watch Rice vs. Tulsa Girls BB!?!? I'm going to take a bath with the toaster and call it a night.

Isn't watching the Rice v. Tulsa women's game kind of like taking a bath with the toaster?

3rd graders don't deserve to get bashed. a team full of scholarship players does. with a coach making $1 million. did you forget who we are talking about?

glad you guys are so optimistic about the game tonight. wish i could say the same.

Simply put, this is probably the best game they played all year since BC. Away game at a team with 19 wins and you are one shot from winning is better in my mind then beating crap teams like UMass, GW, Liberty, etc. at home.

I chose to get pissed when we play like crap or worse then we played before. You apparently choose to get pissed no matter what.

Simply put, this is probably the best game they played all year since BC. Away game at a team with 19 wins and you are one shot from winning is better in my mind then beating crap teams like UMass, GW, Liberty, etc. at home.

I chose to get pissed when we play like crap or worse then we played before. You apparently choose to get pissed no matter what.

I agree. Its one thing to bash them after the Temple and X debacles but tonight they played hard and were one play away from winning. Thats all you can really ask for at this point. It was great to see Willie and Kwamain battle till the end. Willie was overmatched physically but he was not outworked.

What was wrong with it? KM was the best player tonight. He got a decent look, it just didn't fall. How many times have we been in that same situation and we don't even get a shot.

Was Mitchell fouled?

Am I seeing things through my Billiken Blue hued glasses? On the one replay I saw, I thought I saw the Dayton defender hit Mitchell's arm while he was in the act of shooting that last second shot.

Of course the wretched ball barely went off the front of the rim. It looked like it was going to go in. It's the Billikens; balls like that tantalizingly go off the rim.

If there was a foul, we know the A-10 zebras are not going to give SLU the call, not in the last seconds that would be game dispositive, and certainly not on the road at Dayton.

Let's play a decent game and beat Fordham in The Bronx on Saturday night. My son is a soph at Fordham and will be at the game. He's been to 2 SLU home games with me this year and probably knows more about the SLU team than the Fordham team. Obviously, for household reasons, I personally would appreciate a win on Saturday night.

Was Mitchell fouled?

Am I seeing things through my Billiken Blue hued glasses? On the one replay I saw, I thought I saw the Dayton defender hit Mitchell's arm while he was in the act of shooting that last second shot.

Of course the wretched ball barely went off the front of the rim. It looked like it was going to go in. It's the Billikens; balls like that tantalizingly go off the rim.

If there was a foul, we know the A-10 zebras are not going to give SLU the call, not in the last seconds that would be game dispositive, and certainly not on the road at Dayton.

Let's play a decent game and beat Fordham in The Bronx on Saturday night. My son is a soph at Fordham and will be at the game. He's been to 2 SLU home games with me this year and probably knows more about the SLU team than the Fordham team. Obviously, for household reasons, I personally would appreciate a win on Saturday night.

During live play, I didn't think there was a foul to be called.

I didn't see a foul live either.

I thought I saw one on the one replay I saw.

SLU isn't going to get that call.

Man, that ball was close to going in the hoop, so close. Mercy.

Wow, just got back from the game, and i was really impressed with how the Billikens played tonight. I have not read this whole thread, but I am assuming you have not played that way the entire year, or your record would be better, IMO. Despite the low scoring, I thought the quality of play was outstanding on both sides, and Majerus manuevered his troops well. I thought we were going to lose when Chris Wright fouled out, but fortune smiled on us in the end.

Was Mitchell fouled?

They actually called 8 fouls on Dayton in the second half and only 5 on SLU. That's a switch.

I take back a previous statement: Maybe Thursdays aren't so bad afterall. This was a great effort. You could almost sense it from the very beginning. How often do we get the opening tip?

Wow, just got back from the game, and i was really impressed with how the Billikens played tonight. I have not read this whole thread, but I am assuming you have not played that way the entire year, or your record would be better, IMO. Despite the low scoring, I thought the quality of play was outstanding on both sides, and Majerus manuevered his troops well. I thought we were going to lose when Chris Wright fouled out, but fortune smiled on us in the end.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't think we played well, other than Kwamain. Really, you guys didn't take advantage of an opportunity to really smoke us. Other than Kwamain, I don't know how we were in that game at all. We had, what, 20 turnovers to your 9? 0-for-11 hurt you guys from behind the arc pretty bad. Willie Reed had a nice game, especially on the glass, not great on defense, but he's been worse. Conklin played almost 30 minutes and had more fouls (3) and as many turnovers (2) as points. Lisch shot his 25% standard he has adopted this year. Tommie played THIRTY FIVE MINUTES and scored FIVE points. We shot well in the first half, and pathetic in the second half. You whooped us in second chance points and in transition buckets.

When it comes down to it, we lost on a backdoor alley-oop that was so painfully obvious from the tv camera angle that I closed my eyes before he even threw the pass.

Kwamain probably was fouled, but any ref would've let that go. He got a bad bounce off the rim. If UD plays like they did tonight in the Chaifetz, they lose by 12. No way do we get beat by a team that shoots 32% in our home gym. No way.

Two observations from watching the game on TV last night -

1. Don't expect to get foul calls from A-10 referees, especially on the road. SLU is the outsider of the conference; it's like being a non-conference opponent on the road - this won't change until the Bills get into a conference with some geographical sanity.

2. TLIII had an Academy-Award-Winning performance as a fire hydrant on the alley-oop on the final points. We all know that we only have two seniors on the team, to provide leadership. You can kiss that idea good-bye.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't think we played well, other than Kwamain. Really, you guys didn't take advantage of an opportunity to really smoke us. Other than Kwamain, I don't know how we were in that game at all. We had, what, 20 turnovers to your 9? 0-for-11 hurt you guys from behind the arc pretty bad. Willie Reed had a nice game, especially on the glass, not great on defense, but he's been worse. Conklin played almost 30 minutes and had more fouls (3) and as many turnovers (2) as points. Lisch shot his 25% standard he has adopted this year. Tommie played THIRTY FIVE MINUTES and scored FIVE points. We shot well in the first half, and pathetic in the second half. You whooped us in second chance points and in transition buckets.

When it comes down to it, we lost on a backdoor alley-oop that was so painfully obvious from the tv camera angle that I closed my eyes before he even threw the pass.

Kwamain probably was fouled, but any ref would've let that go. He got a bad bounce off the rim. If UD plays like they did tonight in the Chaifetz, they lose by 12. No way do we get beat by a team that shoots 32% in our home gym. No way.

A lot of teams play poorly against us and wonder how we beat them shooting so poorly. In general, it's our extreme athleticism combined with very gritty determination on defense. Your guys were one of the few teams who matched our intensity for the whole game. I think your guys looked tired of losing, and put it all out there last night. The Marcus Johnson alley-oop is a regular thing in our offense. I think he may be a better athlete than Wright, and he definitely turned in one of his finest defensive efforts. All that being said, that game could have gone either way so easily. I did think that the officiating was the best I have seen all year in our A10 games.

Away game at a team with 19 wins and you are one shot from winning is better in my mind then beating crap teams like UMass, GW, Liberty, etc. at home.

The most assinine comment on Billikens.com, possibly ever. How is a LOSS ever better then a WIN when noone gets hurt? Not only this, it was confirmed by another poster!

I think we may have pinpointed the problem A LOT of casual fans have with the program....we accept losing. From the fans, to the coaches, to the AD, to the Administration. Casual fans don't tolerate this and I sure don't as a die hard fan.

Get with the program kool-aid drinkers. Its ok to have realistic expectations, but seriously, to say you'd rather LOSE then WIN?! Come on. Please. Come on.

The most assinine comment on Billikens.com, possibly ever. How is a LOSS ever better then a WIN when noone gets hurt? Not only this, it was confirmed by another poster!

I think we may have pinpointed the problem A LOT of casual fans have with the program....we accept losing. From the fans, to the coaches, to the AD, to the Administration. Casual fans don't tolerate this and I sure don't as a die hard fan.

Get with the program kool-aid drinkers. Its ok to have realistic expectations, but seriously, to say you'd rather LOSE then WIN?! Come on. Please. Come on.

RB2.0,

What you don't understand is a lot of posters on here celebrate moral victories. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from yesterday, a group of posters gets together at some local bar and reminisces about that close game to Dayton.

RB2.0,

What you don't understand is a lot of posters on here celebrate moral victories. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from yesterday, a group of posters gets together at some local bar and reminisces about that close game to Dayton.

I feel like I am the only one frustrated on here that we lost. Its so disappointing. But others are content to accept a "moral victory" as you say. There is nothing like stories of the glory years of TL and KL when you came oh so close to winning a road game.

I feel like I am the only one frustrated on here that we lost. Its so disappointing. But others are content to accept a "moral victory" as you say. There is nothing like stories of the glory years of TL and KL when you came oh so close to winning a road game.

Of course im frustrated and not happy about losing but to bash the team when they gave a good effort is a waste of time and energy. If the seniors show up we win that game last night, plain and simple. Also, you have to realize that we dont have a good team at this point and we were outmaned last night and to keep it as close as we did, the players should be commended. Im still pissed we lost...

Of course im frustrated and not happy about losing but to bash the team when they gave a good effort is a waste of time and energy. If the seniors show up we win that game last night, plain and simple. Also, you have to realize that we dont have a good team at this point and we were outmaned last night and to keep it as close as we did, the players should be commended. Im still pissed we lost...

Not me, I love when the Bills lose. It's my favorite thing.

I think it's pretty obvious R.B is a joke.

Why is that? I can't say I've read a lot of his posts before but I think he is dead on with this one. Some Bills fans remind me of Mizzou football fans in the pre Pinkel days. People were happy with playing a good game against Nebraska or Oklahoma or going 7-5 on the year because it was better than what the program had done for a long time. Well Pinkel game in and said "F" the moral victories and the whole attitude of the program and the fans attitude changed. Most Mizzou football fans that I know, while happy with another trip to the Big 12 Championship game, were disappointed with the year as a whole. That's a big difference from where they were 6 years ago.

I thought Bills played very hard and agressively last night. UD Arena is a tough place for visitors. But I was surprised by how little they had offensively. Dayton plays very aggressive D and Bills had no answer. Lisch and Liddell do not look like the players they were two years ago. It could have a different outcome when the teams meet in SL on 2/21.