Xavier Game Thread

SLU_Nick

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think that Xavier is the same as NC A&T....but who knows, maybe we are just a second half team.

You might be able to overcome digging a big hole against an inferior team, but probably not against a superior team.

Halftime. X leads 39-22. Lisch missed the front end of 1-and-1. Bills are 1 out of 7 from the line.

Tough half. Poor defensive rebounding, poor FT shooting, poor defense on the drive and kick. Their athletic guys are just too much for BT right now. That isn't to say that BT is playing poorly, he's just a little overmatched at this phase in his college career. I like what I see from him though. It sure looks like he has the tools. Is Willie in foul trouble?

Don't know why eckerle plays. Just give his time to Cassity.

What I wouldn't give for a dead aim 3 pt. shooter.

We are getting hammered on the defensive boards. The one guy ... I didn't catch his name but he was not someone I know with X ... just powered through Thompson twice. We can't keep Anderson or Love off the boards. Couple that to bad shooting, and even worse free throw shooting and its all snowballing right now.

I like what Mitchell and Conklin bring. This is my first "viewing" of the Bills this year but there is no secondary outside threat. Mark my words, the A10 is going to know real quick that you stick to Lisch and the Billikens are dead in terms of a secondary offensive option. BE can't shoot. Eckerle can't. Cassity was just occupying space and serving as a release outlet which is a fine role to play when the other options are useful. With both Cassity, Eckerle and Eberhardt on the floor, well, the defensive assignments for X are pretty simple. Willie Reed got two quick dumb fouls and that was the end of that.

Tommie and Kevin are doing some nice things driving to the hole but it seems to be a lot of last resort type stuff. Conklin got swatted by Anderson and it looked like a cat toying with a mouse. Oh well, the best thing is these kids will grow older, wiser and more seasoned.

The second half appears to be an exercise in trying to maintain our current deficit so as not to get embarrassed. Again, I like the promise of the youth but it is still a few years away. Go Bills.

Steve --- looks like I can sign in at home.