Bills #1 in the nation

QUAILMAN

First of all, I would like to say hello, as this is my first of many posts on this wonderful website.

As most of us have probably already noticed, BC had a very nice victory over (soon to be former)#1 UNC. Since SLU beat BC I feel that it is appropriate to boldly claim that the Billikens of Saint Louis University are the nations best team in all of college basketball.

Thoughts?

First of all, I would like to say hello, as this is my first of many posts on this wonderful website.

As most of us have probably already noticed, BC had a very nice victory over (soon to be former)#1 UNC. Since SLU beat BC I feel that it is appropriate to boldly claim that the Billikens of Saint Louis University are the nations best team in all of college basketball.

Thoughts?

Well of course. As the famous mathematical axiom goes... A equals B and B equals C, A must equal C. Therefore, by this formula, the Billikens are now the number one team in the nation. No ifs, ands, or buts.

You knew this was coming!!!! At least we are only one-team removed ... as in Eagles best Tar Heels, Bills best Eagles, therefore Bills best Tar Heels. Ususally these equations get down to "P = A" or "Q = A" and we did it at "C= A." Must've been our quickest ever accent to #1 .. unless the Bearcats were #1 when we took them down in Memphis back in 2001 --- which I think they were. Or were they?

Anyway, nice win for BC. I watched Charlotte give Maryland a nice tussle for a half this weekend. Maryland is just not a good ACC team and Charlotte held up for a while but wilted at College Park. Not too impressed with the 49ers at this point (having watched them lose to App State a few weeks back) but in conference play, you can never tell. Ought to be interesting to see what they do at Duquesne later this week.

Western Michigan beat Detroit

SIU-Edwardsville beat Western Michigan.

Clearly, by basic logic, SIU-E Cougars are #1.

The Billikens still are #1 in the nation; in 3 point field goal percentage allowed, 22.5%

The Bills are also #5 in the nation in points allowed at 55.6 per game.

So bring on the Tar Heels, we owe those guys one!

-sorry if this is somewhere else

-to preface, i understand what our nonconf schedule was and what our results were, but given that....

-i am a bit surprised that in the last 2 -3 days our ranking in kenpom has fallen about 15 places, even after we beat A&T and BC beat UNC

-i guess our losses to other teams or other wins are outweighing what i thought would help us

-i also think our nonconf schedule rank went lower after BC beat UNC, by only a couple of places

-not sure what is happening here, so i guess we'll see what happens after we beat X (knepom current rank of 27)

-to preface, i understand what our nonconf schedule was and what our results were, but given that....

-i am a bit surprised that in the last 2 -3 days our ranking in kenpom has fallen about 15 places, even after we beat A&T and BC beat UNC

-i guess our losses to other teams or other wins are outweighing what i thought would help us

-i also think our nonconf schedule rank went lower after BC beat UNC, by only a couple of places

-not sure what is happening here, so i guess we'll see what happens after we beat X (knepom current rank of 27)

probably due to the implosion southeast of us down in a certain coal mining area; our RPI goes down after

the dogs get bitten. Go Salukis, go Kent State if you don't win after we play you why should we schedule you?

KenPom is not the RPI but rather a computer model that includes the margin of victory in its calculation. Many things likely happened since last Friday but the 8 point win over A&T actually hurt the KenPom rating because we should have won by 15 or 16 according to his predictor. Winning by less than expected actually reduces your rankings....and rightfully so in my opinion.

KenPom is not the RPI but rather a computer model that includes the margin of victory in its calculation. Many things likely happened since last Friday but the 8 point win over A&T actually hurt the KenPom rating because we should have won by 15 or 16 according to his predictor. Winning by less than expected actually reduces your rankings....and rightfully so in my opinion.

-thank you kshoe, i should have been more aware of what the heck his rating is trying to do

-still not sure how we went down from sunday to today though