OT - Stephen Curry

Bishop

My man crush for Stephen Curry reached a new level after last nights game...

Anyone else watch? Played HORRIBLY against WVU until about 5 minutes left in the game and then just took over. I dont know that I have ever seen a kid so confident in his shot no matter how well/poorly he has been shooting throughout the rest of the game. He has single-handedly taken that Davidson squad to another level.

Anyone know what college coaches around the country were saying about this kid before college other than the usual "he is too small to play D1 ball"? How do you not realize how good of a shooter he is?

Amazing.

My man crush for Stephen Curry reached a new level after last nights game...

Anyone else watch? Played HORRIBLY against WVU until about 5 minutes left in the game and then just took over. I dont know that I have ever seen a kid so confident in his shot no matter how well/poorly he has been shooting throughout the rest of the game. He has single-handedly taken that Davidson squad to another level.

Anyone know what college coaches around the country were saying about this kid before college other than the usual "he is too small to play D1 ball"? How do you not realize how good of a shooter he is?

Amazing.

I'm with you. He's the most fun player to watch in college basketball this year and so easy to root for. Davidson has completely justified their high ranking so far, and he's taken over when they've needed him.

My personal favorite game of his so far this year was the game against Loyola-Maryland where he was held scoreless. They ran a triangle and two against him, so he just stayed out of the way and let his teammates have a 4-on-3 power play the whole game. They won by 30, and his goose egg left him with the lousy PPG average of 36. Incredible.

By the way, the attention that Davidson's basketball success has gotten in the past two years because of Curry and co. has totally changed the school. Enrollment has been held at pretty much the same small amount, but admissions are unreal. My buddy's sister graduated near the top of her class from one of the Francis Howell schools (I get them mixed up) and had a 35 on her ACT. This is a girl who had full rides to a few different very good schools, but for Davidson she was initially wait listed, then rejected.

My buddy's sister graduated near the top of her class from one of the Francis Howell schools (I get them mixed up) and had a 35 on her ACT. This is a girl who had full rides to a few different very good schools, but for Davidson she was initially wait listed, then rejected.

Wow. And I complain from time to time about my stiffarm from Wash U. Sounds like Davidson's only taking 37s.

It will be fun next week to Stephen's little brother, Seth Curry come to town with Liberty. Seth is averaging 21 ppg as a freshman this season.

gotta give taj and my all time favorite coach, seth "clueless" greenberg credit for missing out on both curry's. bad enough he didnt give stephon the benefit of the doubt even though his dad was a program hall of famer and a retired nba player, after stephon makes him look like an idiot (not hard to do) he does it again with seth.

gotta give taj and my all time favorite coach, seth "clueless" greenberg credit for missing out on both curry's. bad enough he didnt give stephon the benefit of the doubt even though his dad was a program hall of famer and a retired nba player, after stephon makes him look like an idiot (not hard to do) he does it again with seth.

You'd think he would have learned after the first Curry. I just can't believe Seth Curry went to Liberty to play basketball. I have a hard enough time understanding why any 18-year-old would choose to go to Liberty, let alone someone going to school for basketball. Did he really not have any other offers? Not even Davidson?

Guest BillikenReport

You'd think he would have learned after the first Curry. I just can't believe Seth Curry went to Liberty to play basketball. I have a hard enough time understanding why any 18-year-old would choose to go to Liberty, let alone someone going to school for basketball. Did he really not have any other offers? Not even Davidson?

That is strange.

By the way, one-time Billikens recruiting target Tre Lee recently committed to Liberty.

That is strange.

By the way, one-time Billikens recruiting target Tre Lee recently committed to Liberty.

I watched Liberty vs Clemson the other night for awhile. This will be a pick'em game for us and not the lock W most of us thought. Very athletic, they stayed w/ Clemson for the whole game. We're gonna' have to have a good night to beat them.

I watched Liberty vs Clemson the other night for awhile. This will be a pick'em game for us and not the lock W most of us thought. Very athletic, they stayed w/ Clemson for the whole game. We're gonna' have to have a good night to beat them.

Liberty was just ranked 13th in the ESPN Mid-Major poll. Only losses are to Clemson by 5 and UNC-Asheville by 18. Wins were against Virginia (!), Coker, William and Mary, George Mason, and Gardner-Webb. They play up at DePaul two nights before coming to St. Louis as part of the Findlay Toyota Las Vegas Classic.

I sure hope we don't sleep on this team. We play some sneaky good teams this year.

I have a hard enough time understanding why any 18-year-old would choose to go to Liberty, let alone someone going to school for basketball.

I don't know, it sounds like a fun place to spend four years:

The university has a code of student conduct, documented in "The Liberty Way", which states: "It is the duty of every student to respect Liberty's Statement of Doctrine and Purpose. They may not engage in any activity on or off campus that would compromise the testimony or reputation of the University or cause disruption to Liberty's Christian learning environment." The code of conduct includes possible reprimands and, later, fines, for such activities as attending dances, violating curfew, viewing R-rated movies, drinking, smoking, viewing sexually explicit material, entering the bedroom of a member of the opposite sex, having an abortion, and participating in unauthorized petitions.

The phrase "That's not the Liberty Way" is commonly heard across campus, used by students and professors alike as a good-natured "poke" at the school's rules. On several occasions Falwell described the school as "Bible Boot Camp." He exhorted Liberty's students to burn it down if it "ever turned liberal."

In the summer of 2005, the university announced it was slightly relaxing its in-class dress code to allow flip-flops, capri pants, jeans, and other casual articles of clothing (but not shorts) to be worn in the classroom as long as the clothing did not have holes in them. Rules such as collared shirts for male students still apply. Faculty members work under a contract requiring them to abide by similar behavioral codes.

Yeah, what an awful way to spend what should be the most fun four years of your life. The last thing I want is some annoying, pompous born-again telling me, "That's not the Liberty way," and getting me fined for watching The Big Lebowski on DVD, staying out until midnight, or having a beer.

This school also has a Bachelor of Science (!) program, which has one department called Creation Studies. I would question the merits of my school's Science department when some of its cornerstone beliefs are rejected by over 99% of the scientific community.

All this stuff was brought up a few month's ago when I figured out I'd be in town for this game. I'm going to get even more drunk for the 4 crybaby Liberty fans that will be there. Show them why we call STL "The Dirty". Liberty - breeding the finest pus$$ie$ in America since... 1971. R-rated movies don't necessarily mean filth, though a lot of them are filthy, and that's awesome. They are simply "mature" titles. I guess Liberty isn't generating "mature" students. Their basketball team will be sacrificed for their institution's crybaby ways...

This school also has a Bachelor of Science (!) program, which has one department called Creation Studies. I would question the merits of my school's Science department when some of its cornerstone beliefs are rejected by over 99% of the scientific community.

I don't often share this info with people, but I was actually a Creation Studies major at Liberty for a semester before transferring to SLU. Here's a page from one of our text books:

Posted Image

I don't often share this info with people, but I was actually a Creation Studies major at Liberty for a semester before transferring to SLU. Here's a page from one of our text books:

Posted Image

Damn, that's a pretty big fireball that he just threw, too!

Also, I'd like to find some "Flesh of Christ" colored crayons to chew on in public, that would get people thinking...

Posted Image

There's a reason they're called Jesus Horses (note: stolen from Jimmy Fallon on weekend update).

As hilarious as that is, I can't get over how many people think it's true. Last spring, I visited what very well might be the most bizarre place in America, the $27 million Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY. It's just off the I-275 loop through Northern Kentucky, right across the Ohio from Cincinnati. I had been itching to go there since I heard it existed so I had no excuse not to once I moved here (morbid curiosity is a major motivator for me). The only problem is my girlfriend and I had to drop $19.95 a head to get in the door and weren't thrilled about dropping that coin to a bunch of nutjobs like Ken Ham, founder and CEO of Answers in Genesis, the organization that got this place built. The good word isn't free, apparently.

That coloring book page you linked is pretty spot-on to the content of their exhibits. The place is truly surreal- animatronic dinosaurs and humans (in the same place at the same time, of course), tons of multimedia displays, a life-size cross section of Noah's Ark, an interactive step-by-step of how the Earth began 6,000 years ago and a great flood put fossils where they are, a scare-you-straight section about how refusal to believe these theories is mortal sin and is responsible for other mortal sins, and so on. I walked through both greatly entertained and deeply disturbed, and I'm pretty sure my girlfriend and I were the only ones there for the spectacle and not to reinforce beliefs. (In fact, this "museum" has shattered attendance projections and is almost completely paid off ahead of schedule. About 2/3 came from Answers in Genesis and other private donations, while the rest was debt.)

Moral of the story, if an accredited American university is allowed to teach this stuff in degree-granting programs, then it is no surprise our country's science programs are swiftly descending the ladder of international prestige. We need to beat Liberty for more than just basketball itself.

^

I saw that musuem on a TV program recently and it scared the heck out of me. Frightening stuff to anyone with even a shred of intellectual curiousity and yet I'd really like to see it for the same reasons you did.

Have you seen the giant Jesus coming out of the ground halfway between Cincy and Dayton?

^

I saw that musuem on a TV program recently and it scared the heck out of me. Frightening stuff to anyone with even a shred of intellectual curiousity and yet I'd really like to see it for the same reasons you did.

Have you seen the giant Jesus coming out of the ground halfway between Cincy and Dayton?

Yeah, "Butter Jesus" as I respectfully call it. It looks like it was sculpted from some sort of dairy product, but I think it's plaster on some steel beams. One of the funny parts is that because it is plaster, I think they only wanted it to just barely touch the surface of the water it rests in. Well, the water level in that artificial pond in front of the megachurch is about 2-3 feet lower than the cut-off point for the body of the sculpture so the beams are exposed, making Butter Jesus look even cheaper.

I think I like that one even better than the giant aluminum cross outside Effingham along I-70 and I-57, or the "Effing Cross."

As hilarious as that is, I can't get over how many people think it's true. Last spring, I visited what very well might be the most bizarre place in America, the $27 million Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY. It's just off the I-275 loop through Northern Kentucky, right across the Ohio from Cincinnati. I had been itching to go there since I heard it existed so I had no excuse not to once I moved here (morbid curiosity is a major motivator for me). The only problem is my girlfriend and I had to drop $19.95 a head to get in the door and weren't thrilled about dropping that coin to a bunch of nutjobs like Ken Ham, founder and CEO of Answers in Genesis, the organization that got this place built. The good word isn't free, apparently.

That coloring book page you linked is pretty spot-on to the content of their exhibits. The place is truly surreal- animatronic dinosaurs and humans (in the same place at the same time, of course), tons of multimedia displays, a life-size cross section of Noah's Ark, an interactive step-by-step of how the Earth began 6,000 years ago and a great flood put fossils where they are, a scare-you-straight section about how refusal to believe these theories is mortal sin and is responsible for other mortal sins, and so on. I walked through both greatly entertained and deeply disturbed, and I'm pretty sure my girlfriend and I were the only ones there for the spectacle and not to reinforce beliefs. (In fact, this "museum" has shattered attendance projections and is almost completely paid off ahead of schedule. About 2/3 came from Answers in Genesis and other private donations, while the rest was debt.)

Moral of the story, if an accredited American university is allowed to teach this stuff in degree-granting programs, then it is no surprise our country's science programs are swiftly descending the ladder of international prestige. We need to beat Liberty for more than just basketball itself.

Wow, what a crazy place that Liberty is. Imagine, a Christian University that really believes the Bible is the Word of God and strives to implement it in its curriculum and practices.