Anyone going to SIU?

Scoop

i'm going down. leaving early enough to hit murphysboro for real world class championship ribs to make sure i have something positive to take home about the trip.

i'm going down. leaving early enough to hit murphysboro for real world class championship ribs to make sure i have something positive to take home about the trip.

Roy,

I'm going to the same place and meeting people there before the game. I'm meeting 4 guys from the Ill side who have tickets for me.

What is this place in Murphysboro you guys are speaking of? We are looking for something decent to eat before the game and have never really been to this area. I'm always up for some good BBQ.

I think its called 17th street BBQ. I've been there but its been 5 yrs. Great eats.

17th Street Bar and Grill was voted best ribs in the US by both The Food Network and The Travel Channel in the last year. The original Murphysboro location is where it is at although the new O'Fallon location is still good, it is not quite the same. Anyone who is going to SI for the game cannot go wrong by going there for a pregame dinner. I recomend the pulled pork as well and you have to try the deep fried pickle slices. They are awesome.

17th Street Bar and Grill was voted best ribs in the US by both The Food Network and The Travel Channel in the last year. The original Murphysboro location is where it is at although the new O'Fallon location is still good, it is not quite the same. Anyone who is going to SI for the game cannot go wrong by going there for a pregame dinner. I recomend the pulled pork as well and you have to try the deep fried pickle slices. They are awesome.

You guys have me sold. I'm going. Thanks for the tip.

17th Street has a location about 20 minutes from SLU in O'Fallon, IL (former Super Smokers spot over there). Great stuff.

joe imo there is no comparison. even though it is supposedly the same eats, there is no doubt that murphysboro and marion are different than ofallon. it is my opinion that ofallon is really still super smokers just operating under the 17th street name as the food at both murphysboro and marion are far far superior imo. i have eaten at all three in the last three months and many times before and ofallon is not even close.

at least some blue crew kids are making a road trip there!

Per the President of Blue Crew:

Dear Blue Crew,

I regret to inform you that there was a problem with the Email due to SLU changing our account to Google Apps. Because of this problem I was not able to get preparations completed in time. This means that we will NOT be going. Rest assured that the problem has been fixed and I am aware of what needs to be done from here on out. Thank you all who wanted to go sorry that we had this problem. Hope that you all get through this week and I will see you all on Saturday against Savannah State at 7:00.

Your President,

Ben Hendrix

Please send any questions to [email protected].

Same old song and dance, to paraphrase the Bad Boys from Boston (that would be Aerosmith, for all you blue hair people). Good work, Blue Crew.

Dear Blue Crew,

I regret to inform you that there was a problem with the Email due to SLU changing our account to Google Apps. Because of this problem I was not able to get preparations completed in time. This means that we will NOT be going. Rest assured that the problem has been fixed and I am aware of what needs to be done from here on out. Thank you all who wanted to go sorry that we had this problem. Hope that you all get through this week and I will see you all on Saturday against Savannah State at 7:00.

Your President,

Ben Hendrix

Same old song and dance, to paraphrase the Bad Boys from Boston (that would be Aerosmith, for all you blue hair people). Good work, Blue Crew.

Wow thats pathetic

Dear Blue Crew,

Your President,

Ben Hendrix

C'mon, guys! An email problem with Google Apps prevented a bus from being chartered? Sounds like a lame excuse. I know this is a volunteer club...and I certainly appreciate what the student group does for the team and fans...but c'mon! Let's get with the program. This is a significant loss for the team.

Dear Blue Crew,

Your President,

Ben Hendrix

I was lambasted on here a few weeks ago for criticizing the Blue Crew for not getting its act together and needing to be eliminated/overhauled/reimagined. To those who gave me the "Take it easy on them, you jerk, they try hard" lectures, please download The Hives song "Hate To Say I Told You So" and play at full volume.

Seriously, Google Apps derailed the Blue Crew trip to Carbondale? That's the biggest nerd excuse I've ever heard. If this were the World of Warcraft club, I would understand that a computer program glitch can mess things up. However, it is possible to support sports without the internet. I hope these kids realize that human beings have supported athletic competition for thousands of years without virtual assistance.

Good leadership would have a list of Blue Crew members' names, emails, phone numbers, and addresses and could therefore make some calls and/or knock on some doors. Plus, there couldn't have been that many kids going, so this would have taken very little time. I guess this bumbling group just took emails.

Seriously, Google Apps derailed the Blue Crew trip to Carbondale? That's the biggest nerd excuse I've ever heard. If this were the World of Warcraft club, I would understand that a computer program glitch can mess things up. However, it is possible to support sports without the internet. I hope these kids realize that human beings have supported athletic competition for thousands of years without virtual assistance.

Hahaha, I just picture a bunch of Trogdor cavemen missing an important beheading because their message board went down. "Nnnnnh urrrrrgh unnnpphhh enable cookies nnnnnnnhhhhh..."

Dear Blue Crew,

Your President,

Ben Hendrix

This is the most pathetic thing I have seen today. Ben Hendrix, have you ever heard of a phone? SLU email has been ###### since day 1.

I could charter a bus and have it ready to go by tonight. Pathetic. Call Laidlaw, getcha a couple school buses, and bus bar it all the way there. Ya bunch of pansies.

Hope to see you all on Saturday against Savannah State lylas! xoxoxo!

love, bff ben.