Official Exhibition Thread, SLU-HSSU, 11-5-08

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received a call from the game, Kevin left the game with an injury. Did not return to the bench in the 1st half.

kevin went down really hard on his back. he was on the ground for five mins. had to be helped off by two people. did not return for the 2nd half. it looked pretty bad.

otherwise, the team looks greatt.

kevin went down really hard on his back. he was on the ground for five mins. had to be helped off by two people. did not return for the 2nd half. it looked pretty bad.

otherwise, the team looks greatt.

IS HE ALRIGHT OR IS THIS A SEVERAL GAME THING??? MOTHER F'ER....

Gametracker lists "Andre Craig" as getting a rebound for the Bills. He must be a walk-on.

Johnathan Parker was credited with a late free throw for the Bills. He must be another walk-on.

Final score (according to Gametracker, which might not be accurate) SLU 86, HSSU 40. Reed notched 17 points and 7 rebounds, Liddell III added 10 points and 11 rebounds, and Conklin chipped in with 10 points and 7 rebounds. (Unofficial, I'm sure.)

Johnathan Parker was credited with a late free throw for the Bills. He must be another walk-on.

Final score (according to Gametracker, which might not be accurate) SLU 86, HSSU 40. Reed notched 17 points and 7 rebounds, Liddell III added 10 points and 11 rebounds, and Conklin chipped in with 10 points and 7 rebounds. (Unofficial, I'm sure.)

Yeah, Johnathan Parker!

Cotto scored 11, and Cassity and Thompson had 10 apiece. Mitchell scored 8.

Free throw shooting was woeful: 57 percent.

Gametracker lists "Andre Craig" as getting a rebound for the Bills. He must be a walk-on.

Just got home - we had to leave early.

Andre Craig is a walk-on from the U. High. A 6-3 sophomore guard. There's also a walk-on from Marquette U. High in Milwaukee, Jonathan Parker.

Oddly enough, Harris-Stowe also has a kid from Marquette U. High.

Just got home - we had to leave early.

Andre Craig is a walk-on from the U. High. A 6-3 sophomore guard. There's also a walk-on from Marquette U. High in Milwaukee, Jonathan Parker.

Oddly enough, Harris-Stowe also has a kid from Marquette U. High.

Heard from SLUSAE that this is a whole new level of Billiken talent, even against HS. I can't wait to finally see a game in Dec.

The game was very fun. I'm glad the season is finally here! The arena had probably 4000 people in it, with I'm guessing 700 or so students. Blue Crew was not very in sync, but pretty loud I would say. We really pissed off a few HS kids... The rest of the crowd was pretty non existant.

Kevin Lisch going down was killer. He was hit in the air and went down hard. He was knocked to the edge of the floor, so I really hope that it wasn't his head. Did anyone see if he came out for the second half to sit on the bench?

KM, WR, RC, and Cassity all looked good, especially the first three. WR played way better than I expected him to, and I think will get a lot of playing time. And there was no doubt that TLIII was the lone senior out on the floor, just a great leadership presence and awareness of everything around him.

I was surprised to see to unfamiliar names: Andre Craig and Johnathan Parker. Definitely very small walk ons, but its good to know that there are more people for practice. Glad to see Parker score at the end

Can't wait for UMSL. Lets pack the house!

omg! rickma has hit the frickin jackpot. that has to be the deepest quality freshmen class in history of slu. they are ALL potential players. not a miss in the group if you ask me.

cassity, mitchell and cotto are nails.

reed is the surprise of the class.

conklin and thompson are extremely solid.

my sources say kevin fell on his tailbone and was going to have x-rays. be fearful.

my sources say eberhardt broke a team rule but would only sit tonite.

wow. this is exciting. i am beyond speechless it was that good.

btw, arena is spectacular. i can only imagine how loud that place will get full.

Just got home--a few observations:

The building is even better than I thought it would be. The whole atmosphere is fantastic and it has the feel of being very close to the court even when you are ten rows away. Nothing but high marks there.

Kevin went down extremely hard on his back and it looked like he slammed his head on the floor. The guy hit him while he was in the air like a defensive back hitting a receiver and he flew down. Very questionable and dangerous play. I pray that he is ok but he did not return to the court and I heard nothing about his progress. He needed two guys to hold him up to get off the court to the locker room.

Overall, the freshmen were a joy to behold. Every one had spurts of real quality and they all hustled and played hard. Reed is way better than Bryce right now. When he puts on some weight and gets some experience he will be very good. Thompson also played well and showed he has touch. Both of them will get pushed around by the big boys but they are game and they will get better quickly once they get stronger and in better shape.

Mitchell looks like a veteran most of the time. He has confidence that is unusual for a freshman and he will play big minutes. Cotto demonstrated his unlimited range and hustled. Cassity played extremely well on both ends. He is a joy to watch and his fundamentals are excellent. Conklin was a real warrior and he is a clever and agressive inside player on offense. He also could use a little more muscle but he has the attitude of a tough guy and he will contribute big time minutes. Femi played an excellent floor game and rebounded tha ball. He still wants to prove he is an outside shooter and although the shots look pretty good he did not hit any.

Eckerle hustled and threw his body around even eith a bad back. Tommie seemed confident but he really did not do much on offense. His shot was off and he just did not look close to as good as he was at the end of his soph year on the offensive end. His defense is solid.

Overall, a fun night against a game but ourmanned opponent. We will need to play much better in a couple of weeks if we want to compete. I sure hope Kevin can play. He has sure had some tough injuries.

The game was very fun. I'm glad the season is finally here! The arena had probably 4000 people in it, with I'm guessing 700 or so students. Blue Crew was not very in sync, but pretty loud I would say. We really pissed off a few HS kids... The rest of the crowd was pretty non existant.

Kevin Lisch going down was killer. He was hit in the air and went down hard. He was knocked to the edge of the floor, so I really hope that it wasn't his head. Did anyone see if he came out for the second half to sit on the bench?

KM, WR, RC, and Cassity all looked good, especially the first three. WR played way better than I expected him to, and I think will get a lot of playing time. And there was no doubt that TLIII was the lone senior out on the floor, just a great leadership presence and awareness of everything around him.

I was surprised to see to unfamiliar names: Andre Craig and Johnathan Parker. Definitely very small walk ons, but its good to know that there are more people for practice. Glad to see Parker score at the end

Can't wait for UMSL. Lets pack the house!

Awesome game (sans Lisch).

Liddell-Played not great but solid, good leadership and defense

Eckerle- Plaed with hustle and good d and leadership

Mitchell- Very pleased with his game, he was smooth, smart and collected. Jumper was not good but everything else looks good. Had a beautiful behind-the-back pass to Willie. He is going to be a great pg for four years.

Cotto- Really like him too. Has a great shot and good scorers mentality. Defense also looked good and he ahd some smooth passes.

Cassity- Good court sense and will be a solid pplayer. Not a star, yet, but a regular contributer. Good court awareness and a solid rebounder

Conklin- Strng around the basket, finished well. Jumper needs work but hes pretty polished offensively. I would like o see him get a little better at rebounding

Thompson- Saw some good and bad. Nice touch around the baset and played solid d. Needs to jump a little more on his rebounding and get stronger. Not bad though.

Willie Reed-Tall and Skinny (I know this has been mentioned but I need to stress it more) Has LONG arms and used thhose for some nice put backs and rebounds. Had a real nice block in the first half. Overall was beetter than I thought.

Femi John- Good hustle, got a lot of loose balls and played good defense. If he gets a jump shot he will be really good.

P.S. Its great o see U High representing. GO JR. BILLS

I had class tonight, so I have to wait until the UMSL game to get a glimpse of this SLU team. Glad to hear good reports. Really hope that Kevin is OK.

From what I saw on the gametracker after the game, it looks like we got off to a really slow start. Hopefully it was just some early jitters or getting acclimated.

The stats showed Cotto hit 3 of 5 from beyond the arc, which is great to see, but not so good to see that the rest of the team went 1 for 13.

Looks like Reed did very well. Obviously it remain to be seen how he will do against d-1 competition, but he sure is an exciting combo of height and athleticism.

With the exception of some below average shooting, it looks like Tommie was Tommie, scoring and rebounding. Let's hope that he can really thrive this year now that he's in his second season in Majerus' system.

5 offensive rebounds for Conklin! Very good to see.

Mitchell had a 5-2 assist to turnover ratio. Can anyone comment on how well he looked running the offense?

Looks like Femi didn't shoot all that well, but he got after it on the rebounds.

Anyway, I'll let those who actually saw the game in person give their input, but I'm just excited that this season is here now!

We were definitely off to a slow start for the first five minutes of play. It was still 0-0 for way too long, and when HS got ahead I thought, "it is going to be a looong year." A few minutes after that though, it just seemed like the freshmen forgot that they were freshmen, minus several little bloopers. I also forgot as the game went on. Really must have been the beginning jitters, because the whole aura around the team changed.