Radio Deal

Bill_Ken R

The announcement of the anticipated radio contract on 101.1 FM has been made. Sounds pretty good to me. Good job Mr. May.

Great now all we need is TV coverage for away games and we will be big league

The announcement of the anticipated radio contract on 101.1 FM has been made. Sounds pretty good to me. Good job Mr. May.

Sounds like its a 3 year deal. Not bad.

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../103008aad.html

It won't happen this year, but the next big priority for Chris May has to be to get a good t.v. deal in place. Every road game should be on t.v. and select home games should be too.

It won't happen this year, but the next big priority for Chris May has to be to get a good t.v. deal in place. Every road game should be on t.v. and select home games should be too.

I have spoken at length several times with Chris about the tv situation and basically he is hamstrung by the deal made by the former leader of the A 10. The deal with CSTV is a nightmare and they are incredibly difficult to work with on any potentilal tv game. the new commisioner would like to make changes but the deal is signed and it goes on for years. Chris is working his tail off to try to get something done but it is like hitting your head against a brick wall.

I have spoken at length several times with Chris about the tv situation and basically he is hamstrung by the deal made by the former leader of the A 10. The deal with CSTV is a nightmare and they are incredibly difficult to work with on any potentilal tv game. the new commisioner would like to make changes but the deal is signed and it goes on for years. Chris is working his tail off to try to get something done but it is like hitting your head against a brick wall.

This year plus five more (I think) with what is now CBS Sports. I think the deal is starting to look better now with the CBS guys running the show, but it is still a crap deal.

Nice to see that Rammer and Earl will be doing the games.

In regard to getting exposure for the program, I think this is one of the best things to happen this decade (Majerus and the new Arena excepted). 100,000 watts on a clear FM signal will allow the program to grab the attention of fans in areas we never would have expected. This team has key players from Alton, IL, Washington, MO, Belleville, IL, and a few small-towns in southern Illinois. It can only improve the reach of the program if the folks in these areas can now listen to the game on their FM radios.

In regard to getting exposure for the program, I think this is one of the best things to happen this decade (Majerus and the new Arena excepted). 100,000 watts on a clear FM signal will allow the program to grab the attention of fans in areas we never would have expected. This team has key players from Alton, IL, Washington, MO, Belleville, IL, and a few small-towns in southern Illinois. It can only improve the reach of the program if the folks in these areas can now listen to the game on their FM radios.

plus, i would assume that 101 will give the billiken fans everything promised. i still remember kmox not doing certain games because they wanted to play sports call ins or kfns not wanting to pre-empt slaten when the billikens were in the san juan shootout. or not giving us a post game show on some nights when they wanted to get to a hockey game on the coast.

one would think getting in on the ground floor of a new format would enable a "featured role" for billiken basketball.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rammer becomes a full time 101 employee after the first of the year,

That is what I heard earlier. I am sort of suprised nothing has been announced yet. I am not sure if a snag has come up or not. I will try to find out what I can, but it seems like they have become a lot more tight lipped at Booneville lately.