concert

thefan

He's a huge fan. You could replace this with his baby picture and it would look pretty close:

Posted Image

I hope your kidding?! Have you ever listened to his lyrics? His song lyrics are some of THE WORST out there. But it will no doubt sell out. Tickets are $40-200 dollars, the arena is sure to make a huge profit.

Fr. Biondi is going to love this concert

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2008..._carter_iii.php

I'm flying back for this one. I just got a new Purina Puppy Chow® credit card and maxed it out on 17 $200 tickets. I'm bringing everyone on my block and we're all bringing white towels and hellacoptrin' dat mofo till the lights kick out. Lil' Wayne and I go way back; I'll probably be backstage with him before and after the show, playing Scrabble® and Jenga® and all that crazy sh!t. You guys have no idea how crazy we used to be about board games. Back when everybody else was out shootin' and lootin', we was inside Chutin' and Ladderin'. Oh man, I'm just so excited to hang out and catch up with him. Oh to heck with it, I just bought another three tickets! Now that we're older I'll probably bring some wine coolers and stuff so we can get a little bit crazy. If any of you are going, maybe I can get you back there to meet Lil' Wayne but I can't guarantee anything. I mean it's basically like Eminem and Dre. We're that tight. You have every reason to believe this. It's like totally not a lie. Peace in the Middle West!

This concert is going to be a Security nightmare.

I'm not a fan of Young Jeezey at all. Every song (if you can call them that) is so busy just a bunch of jumbled sounds and his incessant talking in his terrible voice.

On a positive note he is the biggest name in Rap Music right now so they did something right in getting this guy.

This concert is going to be a Security nightmare.

I'm not a fan of Young Jeezey at all. Every song (if you can call them that) is so busy just a bunch of jumbled sounds and his incessant talking in his terrible voice.

On a positive note he is the biggest name in Rap Music right now so they did something right in getting this guy.

Why do people care who is playing at the arena? Do you get a dividend if SLU sells a few more tickets?

Why do people care who is playing at the arena? Do you get a dividend if SLU sells a few more tickets?

Gosh, I dunno. Maybe

Three men were arrested after police said they beat and robbed a local man in a luxury box at the Arena at Harbor Yard during a rap concert.

Lionel Marshall, 30, of Ohio Avenue; Rashied Harrell, 31, of Yaremich Drive; and Nicholas Evans, 29, of Terrace Circle, were each charged with first-degree robbery and second-degree assault.

All three were being held Monday in lieu of $150,000 bonds.

According to police, a 35-year-old city man was seated in a luxury box at the Arena watching the Lil' Wayne concert Saturday afternoon when the three suspects forced their way into the box and began punching the victim until he collapsed on the floor.

The men then went through the victim's pocket, taking $250, police said.

Or maybe

ask dem hoes, yea ask dem, ask

dem hoes about me,

Or maybe when they asked Father Biondi what he thought about having such an act on the campus of a Catholic university, he responded

A. Hey, the courts said it: We're not a Catholic university.

B. I've always liked Lollipops.

C. I just love it when he does "Danke Schoen"!

Gosh, I dunno. Maybe

Or maybe

Or maybe when they asked Father Biondi what he thought about having such an act on the campus of a Catholic university, he responded

Ha ha ha. We have to watch out for those darn "rap' artists and the crowds they draw. God knows nothing bad ever happens at concerts that white people put on(the Stones - Altamont, The Who stampede, Gun's N Roses - Riverport).

So we're going to restrict acts because of their lyrics? If the Beatles were still together would you have a problem with them playing the Fetz? I can cite Beatles lyrics that aren't all lilly white. Give me a break. Should we remove all painting or sculptures from the university thats how nudity? Where do you draw the line on what is art and what is not? Do tell.

D. It's all about the Benjamins.

Ha ha ha. We have to watch out for those darn "rap' artists and the crowds they draw. God knows nothing bad ever happens at concerts that white people put on(the Stones - Altamont, The Who stampede, Gun's N Roses - Riverport).

the stones and the who are coming to chaifetz? i didnt know that. i'd come to see them. what day are they here?

So we're going to restrict acts because of their lyrics? If the Beatles were still together would you have a problem with them playing the Fetz? I can cite Beatles lyrics that aren't all lilly white. Give me a break. Should we remove all painting or sculptures from the university thats how nudity? Where do you draw the line on what is art and what is not? Do tell.

Ain't drawin' no lines on "art." And didn't say anything about rap artists. I'd be equal opportunity to hard-core punk if such a thing still existed. I wouldn't allow a Marilyn Chambers retrospective. I doubt Larry would be cool with a Mapplethorpe exhibition at MOCRA.

Dude has a recent history of violence at his concerts. Not outside, of, at. Like it or not, SLU and Midtown have an image problem. And like it or not, Chaifetz is on the grounds of a Catholic university. One would have to wonder why Lil Wayne hadn't booked in St. Louis yet and did so on two weeks' notice.

So save me your defense of "art." To paraphrase Winston Churchill, SLU has clearly established what it is. Now it's merely dickering about the price.

Please tell me you're kidding. Hey, I'm a huge hip hop fan. I'd imagine I have more hip hop in my ipod than anything else. But, I'm not about to say that hip hop concerts don't come without, typically, a number of security concerns. It happens in every genre (well, probably not at a buffett show or at our Manilow concert), but it is certainly a bigger concern at rap events. It's just common sense, man. Hell, I remember Snoop Dogg speaking out against that a few years back. But, what would he know.

Please tell me you're kidding. Hey, I'm a huge hip hop fan. I'd imagine I have more hip hop in my ipod than anything else. But, I'm not about to say that hip hop concerts don't come without, typically, a number of security concerns. It happens in every genre (well, probably not at a buffett show or at our Manilow concert), but it is certainly a bigger concern at rap events. It's just common sense, man. Hell, I remember Snoop Dogg speaking out against that a few years back. But, what would he know.

This is true but we all know that certain people who have a problem with this would have no problem if it was Eminem.

Ain't drawin' no lines on "art." And didn't say anything about rap artists. I'd be equal opportunity to hard-core punk if such a thing still existed. I wouldn't allow a Marilyn Chambers retrospective. I doubt Larry would be cool with a Mapplethorpe exhibition at MOCRA.

You specially cited his lyrics so it appeared you had some problem with them. That is why I brought up the Beatles. I still don't know if you think they would be appropriate or not to play at a Catholic University. For that matter who is?

Dude has a recent history of violence at his concerts. Not outside, of, at. Like it or not, SLU and Midtown have an image problem. And like it or not, Chaifetz is on the grounds of a Catholic university. One would have to wonder why Lil Wayne hadn't booked in St. Louis yet and did so on two weeks' notice.

I'll take your word for this. i could only find one mention of violence at one of his shows and that was in London in March. I would assume that there will adequate secrurity. So will the Fetz be reduced to acts like Debbie "yawn" Boone for the rest of its exsistence?

So save me your defense of "art." To paraphrase Winston Churchill, SLU has clearly established what it is. Now it's merely dickering about the price.

like who? you're accusing someone of being a racist. Don't take the back door.

Sorry, I am not accusing anyone here so I probably shouldn't have posted that. Don't try and act like there isn't some truth to what I said though. Racism at SLU is alive and well unless things have changed in the last 10 years. I heard the N Word and more racist jokes in when I lived on 5C than I heard growing up in southern Illinois and that is pretty hard to do.

How would you infer from my post that the Stones or the Who were coming to the Fetz?

same way you inferred that bonwich was making a racial attack of some sort. your leap to that was just as silly. i am very sure if guns and roses reunion tour was announced to be coming to chaifetz, bonwich would treat that anouncement the same. why did you have to make it a racial issue?

I'll take your word for this. i could only find one mention of violence at one of his shows and that was in London in March. I would assume that there will adequate secrurity. So will the Fetz be reduced to acts like Debbie "yawn" Boone for the rest of its exsistence?

The quote I posted was from a news story from Bridgeport, Connecticut in June. Lil Wayne was also sued because he threw money from the stage at a concert at Morgan State University in Baltimore and two concert-goers were seriously injured in the ensuing semi-riot; according to news accounts, university officials said that he will not be invited back to perform there.

As for "assuming adequate security," there wasn't even adequate security for the freakin' Harlem Globetrotters, when there were numerous car break-ins. SLU and the City might want to tackle the easy stuff before they take on higher-risk accounts.

I can't immediately find any news stories about assaults or other criminal activity at Eminem concerts, but again, I'd be equal opportunity -- if they've happened, he shouldn't be welcome at Chaifetz either.

Yeah, this concert will most definitely sell out since Lil' Wayne is arguably one of the most popular rappers out right now even though I'll be at the Illinois vs. Mizzou game. This might be a dumb question but will they give preferential treatment to SLU students to get tickets first before they start selling to the public?

Yeah, this concert will most definitely sell out since Lil' Wayne is arguably one of the most popular rappers out right now even though I'll be at the Illinois vs. Mizzou game. This might be a dumb question but will they give preferential treatment to SLU students to get tickets first before they start selling to the public?

MY 2 SLU students haven't heard a word. One plans to buy tickets tomorrow and the other could care less.