What I heard

Guest BillikenReport

Awesome. Did you get the roast beef and gravy w/cheddar?

Mom's Special, minus lettuce, tomatoes, onions and sub mayo for 1000 Island. Kind of makes it Nate's Special.

The beef and cheddar is great. That's what I usually get if I don't get the Mom's Special.

- Nate

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that Roy gave me crap about taking shots at players, but had no problem saying that Eckerle's minutes were gifted to him.

That sounds more like a shot at Majerus to me. Compare to Cardinals fans who claim Tony showed favoritism to Chris Duncan. Again, that's a shot at LaRussa.

Now saying that so and so isn't even a D-1 player, that's another thing entirely . .

That sounds more like a shot at Majerus to me. Compare to Cardinals fans who claim Tony showed favoritism to Chris Duncan. Again, that's a shot at LaRussa.

Now saying that so and so isn't even a D-1 player, that's another thing entirely . .

Saying someone didn't earn the minutes they got is taking a shot at them as a player. Saying Duncan doesn't deserve the playing time he is getting is taking a shot at him as a player, even if it is accurate.

Just because you take a shot at someone's playing ability doesn't mean you are taking a shot at them as a person. Saying somebody is a D-2 player is taking a shot at their ability to be a D-1 player.....It is not taking a shot at them as a person or really as a basketball player overall. You are still saying they are better than 97% of the people that played high school basketball.

Saying someone didn't earn the minutes they got is taking a shot at them as a player. Saying Duncan doesn't deserve the playing time he is getting is taking a shot at him as a player, even if it is accurate.

It's an indirect shot at the player, if at all. If the coach is playing a guy 20 minutes a game no matter what the matchup is and I think another player would be a better choice in certain matchups, that could hardly be called a shot at the player. But it's a direct shot at the coach's favoritism.

It's an indirect shot at the player, if at all. If the coach is playing a guy 20 minutes a game no matter what the matchup is and I think another player would be a better choice in certain matchups, that could hardly be called a shot at the player. But it's a direct shot at the coach's favoritism.

Well if you don't think a player is the best match-up for D-1 competition and you say so it shouldn't be seen as taking a shot at them either. Either way you are pointing out a deficiency in a player's game. The difference is saying the one allows you to take a shot at Majerus and being critical of the other allows you to take a shot at Majerus.

I think I got it now. You and Roy want it both ways as long as it allows you to take a shot at Majerus. That is cool.

I don't think I was included in the group who asked for patience with Brad.

But patience is going to be, unfortunately, a big thing for SLU hoops fans in the upcoming season because the team will be so young.

Never said you were. But a lot of others were.

Well if you don't think a player is the best match-up for D-1 competition and you say so it shouldn't be seen as taking a shot at them either. Either way you are pointing out a deficiency in a player's game. The difference is saying the one allows you to take a shot at Majerus and being critical of the other allows you to take a shot at Majerus.

I think I got it now. You and Roy want it both ways as long as it allows you to take a shot at Majerus. That is cool.

From everything posted on here about Eckerle, it was pretty much agreed PE got what RM was trying to teach, where as others didn't get it.

what i am gathering from roy's posts is that he does not want them if they don't qualify this fall. meaning, if it takes them a year in prep school then they aren't cut out for slu to begin with so cut them loose now. that's not what was done with tommie liddell and i think its unreasonable. if that's not what roy meant, then i'm sure he'll tell us.

how are they not getting the same treatment? Broy does not want kids who cant qualify to come until they are ready. And if they are not ready its better that they wait and mature, like Tommie did. I also bet that Broy hopes both Willie and Ruben qualify and will root for them to do just that.

On a seperate note, I dont think Majerus is the type to recruit "thugs". Also you can have bad grades and not be a thug. You can have great grades and be a thug. You can have drew-diener like hops and be a thug. And you can have huge ups and not be thug.

I'll bite on that one 3star. There's not a doubt in my mind, not even a little teeny weeny smidgen of doubt LaRussa favors Duncan and played him when he wasn't the best option. It also was clear that he was overboard on his defense of Duncan, he wouldn't have done the same for other players in the same situation who didn't happen to be his 20 year pitching coach's son.

I'll bite on that one 3star. There's not a doubt in my mind, not even a little teeny weeny smidgen of doubt LaRussa favors Duncan and played him when he wasn't the best option. It also was clear that he was overboard on his defense of Duncan, he wouldn't have done the same for other players in the same situation who didn't happen to be his 20 year pitching coach's son.

If Duncan could regain his stroke, hit nearly .300 and 15 home runs the rest of the season I would have him play first base in St. Louis when Pujols is

hurt and use him for trade bait. He looks like the kind of player that plays better when he is in the lineup everyday, though. We should have loolked for a trade at the end of last season which may have been a career year for him John Mabry at his peak would have gotten a lot of work on this year's team.

What every wants to know is why they couldn't afford to keep Grudzilanek at second base when Kansas Cityy picked him up for $one million a year for two years and we chased Adam Kennedy

Guest BillikenReport

What every wants to know is why they couldn't afford to keep Grudzilanek at second base when Kansas Cityy picked him up for $one million a year for two years and we chased Adam Kennedy

I haven't heard anybody asking about Mark Grudzielanek for a long time. He signed with Kansas City before the 2006 season. Remember, the one where the Cardinals somehow won the World Series? Grudzielanek signed with the Royals for $4 million for one year.

The Cardinals signed Kennedy before the 2007 season and gave him $10 million for three years.

I haven't heard anybody asking about Mark Grudzielanek for a long time. He signed with Kansas City before the 2006 season. Remember, the one where the Cardinals somehow won the World Series? Grudzielanek signed with the Royals for $4 million for one year.

The Cardinals signed Kennedy before the 2007 season and gave him $10 million for three years.

Grudz had been having back problems and I think the Cards thought they would continue to be a problem.

broy, you are forgetting that our very own tommie liddell had to go the prep school route before being admitted to school. why can't cotto and reed get the same treatment? seems to me they have pretty extenuating circumstances re: why they aren't eligible. why write them off if by august they aren't eligible. i don't think you'd be singing the same tune if UB had recruited cotto and reed and was still hear. i think this frustration on your part all stems from your spite toward majerus.

when they do accomplish what tommie did, then great. open arms because they would have demonstrated they put in the work and effort to get to the deserved college level.

what i am not advocating (and i dont think slu even does it anymore) is the justin tatum thing of taking a non or partial qualifier.

btw, i indeed would have sung the same song. please go back and find the post where i advocated protecting a non academic qualifier at slu ever.

how are they not getting the same treatment? Broy does not want kids who cant qualify to come until they are ready. And if they are not ready its better that they wait and mature, like Tommie did. I also bet that Broy hopes both Willie and Ruben qualify and will root for them to do just that.

great post. exactly.

Nate/Brian the beef 'n philly is underrated (phila cream cheese)

and the salami is from The Hill....the Salami/cheddar/pepperoncini/mustard is rediculous.

Rediculous.

Another place that's pretty underrated in that neck of the woods is LeGrand's - they have some tasty sandwiches as well. I like the El Birdo.

Guest BillikenReport

Another place that's pretty underrated in that neck of the woods is LeGrand's - they have some tasty sandwiches as well. I like the El Birdo.

I like LeGrand's. I almost feel like they have too many choices there. So I go in and it takes me 10 minutes to figure out what to order.

I like LeGrand's. I almost feel like they have too many choices there. So I go in and it takes me 10 minutes to figure out what to order.

LeGrands is very good too.

when they do accomplish what tommie did, then great. open arms because they would have demonstrated they put in the work and effort to get to the deserved college level.

what i am not advocating (and i dont think slu even does it anymore) is the justin tatum thing of taking a non or partial qualifier.

btw, i indeed would have sung the same song. please go back and find the post where i advocated protecting a non academic qualifier at slu ever.

Does prop. 48 (partial qualifiers) even exist anymore? I thought they got rid of it a couple of years back - could be wrong.