OT Chip Rosenbloom in discussions with San Fran resident

Maybe if they decided to build a new stadium for the Rams they can build it at ball park village and end there stuggle of ideas. As far as I remember it is STILL A parking lot with a huge hole And get the City,County and State to pay for again.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the Cowboys like the rest of America!!!!!!!

If the Cowboys were playing the Taliban, I think I'd have to root for the Taliban.

If the Cowboys were playing the Taliban, I think I'd have to root for the Taliban.

Hahaha, I'm just imagining the hits on the Taliban. 140 lb desert people getting f'ing obliterated by steroid-fueled, cheeseburger eating 280 pounders. Madden just going "BOOM!" as a turban is sent flying.

I don't care for the Cowboys much either. Old Cowboys were legit, though.

Typical St. Louisan......hatin' on your betters......... :P

At least the Cowboys won't stone you for listening to your namesake....

At least typical St. Louisans root for St. Louis teams. What's your excuse?

For the record, I think I was the only guy in Rams gear at our loss in Cincinnati in December. I'll never say 'Who Dey' unless I'm mocking people.

IMO yes, having an NFL franchise does affect outsiders opinions of SL in a very significant, postitve way.

Current Cowboys are scumbags, T.O., Pacman, Tank... who is next, Snoop Dog?

Chip will sell the Rams as soon as the $$$$ are what he wants... his "intentions" are to keep in SL, HA! Used car salesman language!

At least typical St. Louisans root for St. Louis teams. What's your excuse?

I was lost to any St. Louis football team when the Cardinals broke my heart the first couple hundred times. At the time Roger Staubach was larger than life. Jim Hart was a very nice loser due to the constraints of Bidwell's drafting.

It didn't hurt that my dad and everyone in this town hated the Cowboys with a passion. Jealosy can be debilitating......

IMO yes, having an NFL franchise does affect outsiders opinions of SL in a very significant, postitve way.

Current Cowboys are scumbags, T.O., Pacman, Tank... who is next, Snoop Dog?

Chip will sell the Rams as soon as the $$$$ are what he wants... his "intentions" are to keep in SL, HA! Used car salesman language!

Current Rams include drunken murderer, Leonard Little. For the record I do not much care for the guys you mentioned either.

Current Rams include drunken murderer, Leonard Little. For the record I do not much care for the guys you mentioned either.

I agree- I'm not sure the "citizenship" argument holds up for or against any NFL team these days. Every team has guys who have done pretty terrible things that have been publicized. Some have more than others, and that's probably not even worth comparing.

I'll take a new stadium over another bridge anyday.

like missouri is contributing a fair share to any bridge now?

I agree- I'm not sure the "citizenship" argument holds up for or against any NFL team these days. Every team has guys who have done pretty terrible things that have been publicized. Some have more than others, and that's probably not even worth comparing.

Tom Brady and the Pat's seem like a nice bunch of guys lead by......oh......nevermind.......

Like politics, you do have to hold your nose or just not think about it too deepy to enjoy or support party or the team.....

Billiken Rich: you say that you have NEVER driven a car while intoxicated? Say it.

If so, then you can call him a drunken murderer, though it is a huge cheap shot, 90++% of the guys on this thread have driven drunk, but were "lucky" so far.

If you have driven drunk, than you are a 100% hypocrite on top of it...

Your final answer:_________________.

Billiken Rich: you say that you have NEVER driven a car while intoxicated? Say it.

If so, then you can call him a drunken murderer, though it is a huge cheap shot, 90++% of the guys on this thread have driven drunk, but were "lucky" so far.

If you have driven drunk, than you are a 100% hypocrite on top of it...

Your final answer:_________________.

I have never murdered anyone drunk or sober. I have never been a danger to myself or others and driven under the influence.

Drinking is no excuse for killing someone. I would like to see the penalties massively stiffened. If my wife had been killed by a St. Louis Ram, I'd put up billboards and make his life a living hell till he left town. That's just me......

The Rams leaving won't change how others view St Louis. Most don't think of us as a first rate city anymore.

Sports teams have very little to do with how outsiders look at a city. Do you think businesses are going to start moving to Detroit if the Lions or Tigers win a championship? Cities like Portland, Orlando, Nashville, and LA have survived just fine while not having a MLB or NFL team. Portland and Orlando are thriving with out having either.

I am sick of these teams holding cities hostage. I am all for not giving any of them anymore tax dollars. If they leave it will bruise our egos for a little while, but we will survive. People would start spending the money they would have spent on the Rams on other things locally which would probably have a much larger impact on the local economy than it going to out of town players and out of town owners.

Are you really trying to Nashville to places like LA, Portland and Orlando? Have you ever been to Nashville? I have and it's a nice little town but it's nothing like those other three towns. And for that matter St. Louis is nothing like those three cities either. HOw are the Rams different from any other corporate entity that uses it's leverage to get the best deal from the city that they can? I guess you didn't mind seeing all the other corporate fixtures leave St. Louis over the years.

Are you really trying to Nashville to places like LA, Portland and Orlando? Have you ever been to Nashville? I have and it's a nice little town but it's nothing like those other three towns. And for that matter St. Louis is nothing like those three cities either. HOw are the Rams different from any other corporate entity that uses it's leverage to get the best deal from the city that they can? I guess you didn't mind seeing all the other corporate fixtures leave St. Louis over the years.

I wasn't saying that all those cities are on the same level, but they all are more happening than St louis.

The Rams do very little to help the local economy. You can in fact make the case the the Rams have a negative impact on the local economy. They take away money that would be spent on other forms of entertainment. They only create activity downtown 10 days a year and they cut into convention business. The Rams do not contribute to the tax base nor employ as many people as those other business that left town. It would have made a lot more economic sense to throw money to keep SBC (now A T&T) in town when it left. We could have had the largest telecommunication company in the world and the 12th largest company in the world headquatered here. Yeah, but at least we have 3 major league sports teams.

It would have made a lot more economic sense to throw money to keep SBC (now A T&T) in town when it left. We could have had the largest telecommunication company in the world and the 12th largest company in the world headquartered here. Yeah, but at least we have 3 major league sports teams.

Not to mention continued "purity" in the bloodlines at St. Louis Country Club. :lol:

I wasn't saying that all those cities are on the same level, but they all are more happening than St louis.

The Rams do very little to help the local economy. You can in fact make the case the the Rams have a negative impact on the local economy. They take away money that would be spent on other forms of entertainment. They only create activity downtown 10 days a year and they cut into convention business. The Rams do not contribute to the tax base nor employ as many people as those other business that left town. It would have made a lot more economic sense to throw money to keep SBC (now A T&T) in town when it left. We could have had the largest telecommunication company in the world and the 12th largest company in the world headquatered here. Yeah, but at least we have 3 major league sports teams.

Nashville is the country music capital of the country so it's going to have a certain draw but I wouldn't say it's more happening than St. Louis. I've been there on a weekend and they have a concentrated section of bars/clubs that was entertaining but it wasn't anything that you couldn't find in St. Louis on a given weekend. As a whole, St. Louis has much, much more to offer than Nashville.

And since I'm guessing Orlando is probably one of the biggest tourist destinations in the country, do you really think that is an apt comparison?

ANd Portland is near the ocean and the mountains so I can hardly see what they have going for them or why people would want to live there(wink, wink).

And are you seriously looking for a debate that LA -LOS FREAKIN ANGELES- is more happening than St. Louis????? In other news the sky is blue.

If you want to compare STL to Indy or KC or Cleveland or Memphis, that would probably be a little more fair.

Nashville is the country music capital of the country so it's going to have a certain draw but I wouldn't say it's more happening than St. Louis. I've been there on a weekend and they have a concentrated section of bars/clubs that was entertaining but it wasn't anything that you couldn't find in St. Louis on a given weekend. As a whole, St. Louis has much, much more to offer than Nashville.

And since I'm guessing Orlando is probably one of the biggest tourist destinations in the country, do you really think that is an apt comparison?

ANd Portland is near the ocean and the mountains so I can hardly see what they have going for them or why people would want to live there(wink, wink).

And are you seriously looking for a debate that LA -LOS FREAKIN ANGELES- is more happening than St. Louis????? In other news the sky is blue.

If you want to compare STL to Indy or KC or Cleveland or Memphis, that would probably be a little more fair.

St Louis is better than KC, but not as much as it should be. You could make a strong case that Indy is in the process of passing St Louis by. St Louis is not even close to Clevland's league. It is not even close. Minny/St. Paul blows us away. Austin is a much more happening place.

But that wasn't my point. You don't have to have both baseball and football to be a big league city. We care about it because we are big sports fans, but most people aren't big sports fans and most people could really care less.

The thing is that sports teams are not going to save this area. We need to grow this region economically and not throw money at a NFL team.

St Louis should be far more worried about InBev possibly preparing to buy AB than what is going to happen to the Rams.

St Louis is better than KC, but not as much as it should be. You could make a strong case that Indy is in the process of passing St Louis by. St Louis is not even close to Clevland's league. It is not even close. Minny/St. Paul blows us away. Austin is a much more happening place.

But that wasn't my point. You don't have to have both baseball and football to be a big league city. We care about it because we are big sports fans, but most people aren't big sports fans and most people could really care less.

What exactly do you mean by "happening?"

And you're right, you don't "need" to have both a baseball and a football team to be a big league city but you need things to attrack people and those two things do that. And people do care about sports around here. Name me an activity that people in St. Louis spend more money on then our sports teams?

And you're right, you don't "need" to have both a baseball and a football team to be a big league city but you need things to attrack people and those two things do that. And people do care about sports around here. Name me an activity that people in St. Louis spend more money on then our sports teams?

People often talk to me about visiting STL and I have never heard anybody say they wanted to see a Rams game. Cards, obviously, but nobody ever mentions the rams. There are much better teams around....namely one 325 miles to the east. :lol:

So because this area has a lot of sports fans all tax payers should be on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars for a new stadium?