BS interviewed with Florida Atlantic

FAU is going to interview Mike Jarvis (former St.John`s coach)today as well as another former assistant coach,name escapes me.

What happened to Jarvis? Wasn't he succesful at GW? Did he then go straight to St. John? Presume he did not do well at St. John? Fired? if so, when?

where did soderberg ever say that? saying he thinks the campus at florida atlantic is a recruiting positive doesnt mean that every previous campus he worked at was a negative.

the only thing i ever heard soderberg complain about was west pine.

Well, public and private comments on various topics are two different things. Just because you personally don't hear anything, doesn't mean they don't happen.(I can assure you that you do not have your facts straight on this topic, let alone others)

Again, it's always great to know the facts.

Well, public and private comments on various topics are two different things. Just because you personally don't hear anything, doesn't mean they don't happen.(I can assure you that you do not have your facts straight on this topic, let alone others)

Again, it's always great to know the facts.

as i stated previously, where did he ever say that? if you arent willing to share your great inside negative information and how it is so credible, wouldnt it be better to just keep it to yourself?

instead it is left to "courtside says, that's why." excuse me if that isnt enough. we dont know who the hell courtside is so you carry no more credibility than anyone else on this board.

Is there any further news on the possibility of Brad going to Florida Atlantic? I really hope he gets that job or he is really going to have to reevaluate things. Kramer would appear to be a nice fit at Miami (OH). I would think that is a decent school to be an athlete at. It is incredible how their lives have changed over the past year.

Hey guys,

Owls fan here. I started reading this board whenI read Soderberg was a candidate for the FAU job. They are supposed to name a coach by the end of the week. BS is one of the finalists. The consensus seems to be the top 3 candidates are former St. John's coach(and current Boca resident) Mike Jarvis, current Georgia Southern coach Jeff Price, and BS. My money is on Jarvis because our AD and president like the big name hire and he's by far the most successful candidate. He does come with baggage though, which may be causing some concern. Anyway, just wondering what to expect from BS if he is hired. What kind of coach is he? Is he a strong recruiter? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Hey guys,

Owls fan here. I started reading this board whenI read Soderberg was a candidate for the FAU job. They are supposed to name a coach by the end of the week. BS is one of the finalists. The consensus seems to be the top 3 candidates are former St. John's coach(and current Boca resident) Mike Jarvis, current Georgia Southern coach Jeff Price, and BS. My money is on Jarvis because our AD and president like the big name hire and he's by far the most successful candidate. He does come with baggage though, which may be causing some concern. Anyway, just wondering what to expect from BS if he is hired. What kind of coach is he? Is he a strong recruiter? Any info would be great. Thanks!

he is not a strong recruiter. He slows the tempo and plays good D.

Hey guys,

He is a man of great integrity and passion. No one will try harder ,be more passionate about the job or devise a better game plan against the opposition than Brad. His personal traits are exceptional and believe no one this Board will question the way he conducts himself as a person, husband, father or, if hired, as the representative of your school. As a coach, though, recruting was definitely his weakness. He definitely gets the maximum out of his players, he believes in a defensive "pack defense" system and his favorite stat is "points per possession." He took over a program here which had been slipping for a few years and without alot of talent. The talent he did inherit were mostly seniors and juniors. He did well early with this talent and then recruited 2 superb guards who will be seniors this upcoming year. After that, his recruiting was horrible. He signed no recruits during the Fall signing period of his last year and only 1 (the kids sat the bench his first year, redshirted the 2nd year and is no longer on the team) the year before. This Board is split between whether Brad is fully to blame or whether the poor facilities and lack of administrative support are also to blame. Most believe that these were huge obstacles, together with lack of tradition/past school success, but that the right guy could have done better. He left the program better than he found it but he is not the "big name" guys SLU wanted to open and sell out our new arena this Fall. The bottom line: the SLU community have high praise for him as a great man but not as a great coach. Most are truly wishing him the best but are glad he is no longer here. Hope this helps.

To FAUOwl ---- my only real issue with Brad was what I perceive to be an inability to evaluate talent. Which could be translated into a poor, poor recruiter. each and every year, we seemed to never have any early signing or commitments sans the year he signed the two senior guards already mentioned. Then, after nothing in the fall, we would wait with bated breath for the spring signing and be told all these diamonds in the rough were found. Yet few ever saw the light of day off the bench and actually played once we got through the two now-seniors as freshmen. I think with Brad the team would always be competitive and would be in 75 to 80 percent of all games. The style is not "entertaining" to say the least but that was always supposedly because of the talent level. Of ocurse, if you can't recruit you don't get the talent. So it was a never-ending vicious cycle.

Thanks for all the info! Looks like a moot point now, though, as it is looking more and more like Jarvis is a done deal.

I have heard nothing but good things about BS as a person though, so hopefully he gets another shot to be a head coach someplace soon.

I was a huge critic of Soderberg and really wanted to move on to a new coach, but even I would not deny that he is a class act; there is no question about that. He is an extremely good guy with strong morals and I think all of us wish him well.

as i stated previously, where did he ever say that? if you arent willing to share your great inside negative information and how it is so credible, wouldnt it be better to just keep it to yourself?

instead it is left to "courtside says, that's why." excuse me if that isnt enough. we dont know who the hell courtside is so you carry no more credibility than anyone else on this board.

Come on Roy, he heard it from Marc Maggard. His information is as good as gold.