4 Billikens Granted Release to Transfer (as expected)

TheBand

I would be disappointed if we don't have at least one minor violation.

"If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin" - LT in reference to the Patriots team motto

I hope this is a joke or sarcasm or something. If anyone is "hoping" for any kind of violations, then we have sunk to desperately new lows.

RM likes Paul and the way he practices and plays...I bet he will help be a mentor for the freshmen....even if he just plays spot minutes RM will value his presence in the program. Kevin and Tommie are more "lead by example" guys. When you have 13 on scholarship, but an 8 or 9 man rotation...its good to have a kid who understand the big picture and his role to help the team in whatever way asked. Leaving him on scholarship is a good investment.

That comment is right on the money, both in spirit and in fact.

I hope this is a joke or sarcasm or something. If anyone is "hoping" for any kind of violations, then we have sunk to desperately new lows.

Let me help this post make more sense;

Below is the post that was deleted last night by David-apparently some don't want the truth told.

I said we have now only 1 more step to become a top 25 program. So far we have done the following:

1. Crapped on players that promises were made to for the good of the program. The players gave their all for nothing.

2. Used an asst. coach to keep players from transferring while looking for a new coach and then crapping on the coach.

3. Bringing in at least 7 players for next year so that we can cut some next year also.

4. Built a new arena.

5. Hired the big name coach.

6. Raised the basketball budget.

7. Broke a few NCAA rules for the good of the program, wait can't talk up this yet because we haven't been caught.

You can all think this is bull but then you haven't talked to the players.

Now all we need to do is win and we are a top 25 program.

I hope all the "boosters" that believe winning is number 1 are happy with the progress.

Below is the post that was deleted last night by David-apparently some don't want the truth told.

It was deleted for the language that bypassed the filters through your creative use of the dollar sign.

Let me help this post make more sense;

I said we have now only 1 more step to become a top 25 program. So far we have done the following:

1. Crapped on players that promises were made to for the good of the program. The players gave their all for nothing.

2. Used an asst. coach to keep players from transferring while looking for a new coach and then crapping on the coach.

3. Bringing in at least 7 players for next year so that we can cut some next year also.

4. Built a new arena.

5. Hired the big name coach.

6. Raised the basketball budget.

7. Broke a few NCAA rules for the good of the program, wait can't talk up this yet because we haven't been caught.

I hope all the "boosters" that believe winning is number 1 are happy with the progress.

Yeah nobody ever left under Brad and Anthony Beane was was really looking for opportunities in the private sector. Brad never berated Ian last year. Brad was a saint and Rickma is the devil. The selective memory of some is very interesting.

PE is not going anywhere. And he is a lot better shooter than you are giving him credit for. Everytime he gets enough shots, he starts knocking them down.

## Player GP-GS Min--Avg FG-FGA Pct 3FG-FGA Pct FT-FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 Lisch, Kevin....... 31-30 1068 34.5 137-320 .428 63-164 .384 116-143 .811 12 106 118 3.8 63 0 97 64 4 38 453 14.6

25 Liddell III, Tommie 31-30 1070 34.5 134-313 .428 29-83 .349 84-112 .750 23 110 133 4.3 50 0 64 70 6 21 381 12.3

32 Meyer, Luke........ 31-31 971 31.3 92-204 .451 18-54 .333 58-70 .829 42 125 167 5.4 69 1 51 45 13 19 260 8.4

01 Brown, Danny....... 24-1 485 20.2 54-112 .482 25-51 .490 35-48 .729 17 52 69 2.9 40 0 30 18 8 7 168 7.0

15 Eberhardt, Barry... 30-11 558 18.6 75-155 .484 8-25 .320 22-37 .595 32 81 113 3.8 71 1 21 38 9 8 180 6.0

44 Husak, Bryce....... 30-17 545 18.2 68-136 .500 4-10 .400 25-42 .595 38 90 128 4.3 73 3 16 47 32 2 165 5.5

10 Eckerle, Paul...... 31-1 562 18.1 38-109 .349 22-65 .338 21-32 .656 5 16 21 0.7 56 1 40 33 4 8 119 3.8

00 Polk, Dwayne....... 31-30 765 24.7 27-81 .333 11-39 .282 13-29 .448

On the front page of this thread, someone said "AT is taking some players with him ..." or something like that. Which I assume to be a joke, right? I mean someone else said AT was heading off to Notre Dame. If the four we had couldn't play in the A10, playing in the Big Least seems a tad, oh, stretchy.

And now we're breaking rules. Did we drive 63 in a 55 mph zone or was it forcible gang rape and sodomy followed by first degree murder? I really need to know.

Yeah nobody ever left under Brad and Anthony Beane was was really looking for opportunities in the private sector. Brad never berated Ian last year. Brad was a saint and Rickma is the devil. The selective memory of some is very interesting.

beane's recruiting results had fallen tremendously. thus even if your insinuation is true that beane was told to hit the road, compared to the fact that thorpe was extremely instrumental in keeping our players on campus and committed during the changeover, and was the key recruiter in a number of the players that have committed since soderberg was fired, makes the comparison to beane a little dim.

PE is not going anywhere. And he is a lot better shooter than you are giving him credit for. Everytime he gets enough shots, he starts knocking them down.

what are you talking about? of the eight players that garnered the minutes, eckerle only outshot polk.

[

Like Taj79 and the rest of the board we would like to know what rules have been broken? From the tenor of the rest of your post, you sound as though you'd wished UB were still here as well as the 4 players released. If so, it's amazing you and others on here still don't get it. D1 hoops is a cutthroat business. The little engine that could....can't anymore. I don't want to see SLU violating NCAA rules in any fashion just to win, because that will really set us back. Plus I have no respect for programs that do break them. But I'll bet you there probably aren't many programs that could totally pass 100% an NCAA examination. A few years back, Bobby Knight claimed no school involved in the recruitment of athletes could ever declare itself 100% in compliance. I think it irresponsible you allege this on a public internet board. Fans other than SLU fans come here all the time. SIU, X, Dayton, etc. It might not be a stretch that one of the more fanatical SLU or RM hater types just might drop a line to the NCAA that certain SLU players know of wrongdoings.

I think Relphorde got the shaft. He never really got a shot per se. In limited minutes, he was asked to play out of position @ 4 but was a wing in HS. The guy has skills and I'm disappointed to see that we ran him off after one season. After sitting out a year and getting stronger, some team is going to get a solid player in Relphorde.

One can only assume Rick has a D1 ready big on the way because, otherwise, we're gonna see a lot of Eberhardt @ 5 again this coming season. That would suck. Harrellson would be manna from heaven.

I think Relphorde got the shaft. He never really got a shot per se. In limited minutes, he was asked to play out of position @ 4 but was a wing in HS. The guy has skills and I'm disappointed to see that we ran him off after one season. After sitting out a year and getting stronger, some team is going to get a solid player in Relphorde.

One can only assume Rick has a D1 ready big on the way because, otherwise, we're gonna see a lot of Eberhardt @ 5 again this coming season. That would suck. Harrellson would be manna from heaven.

They all got the shaft. Not because they are being dropped, because there is a grossly unfair rule that requires them to now sit a year.

If you aren't good enough, you aren't good enough ... I get it D1 basketball is big business, I'm ok with that, like I've said all along just make the rules fair.

I'm curious ... your kid redshirts his first year play's his next 3 and does ok, not a star but ok. His school gets a new coach who feels he doesn't fit in their system and has some better players coming in. He decides your kid's schollarship will not be renewed ... Your kid just lost his Sr year. Tough ...

beane's recruiting results had fallen tremendously. thus even if your insinuation is true that beane was told to hit the road, compared to the fact that thorpe was extremely instrumental in keeping our players on campus and committed during the changeover, and was the key recruiter in a number of the players that have committed since soderberg was fired, makes the comparison to beane a little dim.

Roy, what proof do you have that any players stayed because Thorpe stayed? I never heard one player say he stayed because of Thorpe. If you have proof please link to the quote.

Reed still hasn't qualified, it's almost signing time and the only juco center we hear about is a kid whose visit was cancelled and is being pursued by Kentucky and Ohio State. Tight situation. Maybe RM should have brought in Richard Dean Anderson as assistant coach.

Reed still hasn't qualified, it's almost signing time and the only juco center we hear about is a kid whose visit was cancelled and is being pursued by Kentucky and Ohio State. Tight situation. Maybe RM should have brought in Richard Dean Anderson as assistant coach.

I have heard that they fully expect Reed to qualify.

I have also heard that Harrellson is still very much interested in SLU.

We need that new SLU research building to figure out an efficient way to clone humans and speed their growth like on the planet Kamino in Attack of the Clones. That way we can enter a Keith Van Horn and Andre Miller into it and get to the championship. Is that a recruiting violation?

We need that new SLU research building to figure out an efficient way to clone humans and speed their growth like on the planet Kamino in Attack of the Clones. That way we can enter a Keith Van Horn and Andre Miller into it and get to the championship. Is that a recruiting violation?

We have two open spots now, and I'm thinking that Rick still has it in him to pull a Euro big out of his hat. The dude has more connections in the basketball world than most, and several former European big men who swear by him, most notably Hanno Motola. Heck, maybe he can find the next Bogut in Australia, although I don't think Andrew's referral will be quite as enthusiastic.