OT: Slaten out at KFNS per insidestl.com

Slaten appeals to the loser hoosier type. He has developed a great niche market, knows what he is doing.

"Down with the man, you are getting ripped off!".

I have admired some unconventional stands he has taken, but overall he just disses everything.

Examples are that he over does the "you are a fool to spend money on the Cardinals" thing (I say they are an admirable org, spend good $$ on players, etc), calls LaRussa a "moron", "retard", "idiot", etc., all the time. Tony is not perfect, but is not a moron.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

slaten obviously is an act. i am always amazed at those that hate him but always know the details of his exchanges. if you hate him why you listening?

i am always amazed anyone would call in to debate him. you arent going to win. not only is he a supreme debater, he always has the last word and has control over the volume.

I would disagree that he is a supreme debater. All he does is yell and make outlandish statements then he doesn't allow the caller to defend their stance. He is an idiot that likes to make a scene. I wish Steve Savard would have kicked his ass

Hey MB73 Carpe DIEM! By the way if you look up hoosier in the dictionary you would see it reads anyone who uses the moniker MB73.

As far as Slatens show goes he is stating his honest opinion. People in St. Louis prefer the Sugarcoating, Kool-Aid drinking likes of John Hadley. There is to much acceptance in this town when it comes to our teams. The Cardinals do no wrong. There is to much of that we'll get them next time. No one outside of him will criticize anyone in this town. The paper won't. Hell they did more features on Tyler Hansbrough this past week than they did during the SLU season. Keep giving us articles on a guy who turned his back on his home state. Not even a local kid. If this is the case where are the articles on Brandon Rush he is fr4om KCMO. Slaten will resurface bigger and better than ever.

Compared to other hosts that I have listened to around the country he a gentleman. KFNS should change their slogan from "Year round Cardinals coverage ". It Should be to much cardinals coverage. There are other sports out there. Nothing better During November with football and College basketball getting going than to hear a call "Do you think the CArdinals will trade four magic beans for Johan Santana. Base ball is Very boring but for slow paced St.Louis it is just fine.

Can't wait till training camp starts and the Billikens start practicing.

like i said, i rarely agree with him. but i appreciate the way he drives the fans into an uproar and creates ratings. i appreciate his interviews. the show fascinates me. i will miss it at drive time. however i am sure he wont be gone long. too much success he will pop up somewhere.

BROY, although I agree with you on most topics or at least can see where you are coming from, we are 180 off on the Queen. How anyone can listen to and be supportive of an overbearing, rude @-hole is just beyond me. Unlike what you and others imply, that the vocal Queen haters still listen to him, I can assure you that I can count on two middle fingers the number of times I have had 590 on between 3-6. Both times were when BM and his sidekick were ranting about Billiken basketball in what I perceived to be an unfair manner. In both instances I quickly remembered why I disliked the bully Queen as he "won" his arguments by screaming over the caller with words like, "Don't talk when I'm talking" and thereafter cut the caller off. Sorry to disagree but the Queen got just what he deserved.

As to his popping up on another station, don't be so sure. He has burned his bridges at the only other local stations which carry most local sports games/talk. He is personna non gratis at 550, 1120 and 1380. Unless he has pictures of one of those stations top managers with animals, they won't touch him. Same with the TV stations-there is a good reason why you don't see him on any pre/post game shows or Sunday night Sports specials.

Good riddance to someone who earned just what he got.

Like the King I also Attended Christian Brothers College. So I guess you could say they produce great thinkers. Duncan is at fault in this also. Since he is Cardinal let us all bow down and kiss his feet.

Things you can ask Tony or Dave:

You are doing a great job guys. We'll be fine.

Tony what is your favorite breed of dog?

This is what they want, and this is what the media gives him.

Moy It would be way to easy to zing you. Like Slaten says have a point. You never have a point just your traditional junior high humor. It's obvious you did not attend a Metro Cathlic Conference School. I guess you had to attend one Big Five to understand.

Right again, Gary. I'm a mindless billikens.com drifter with nary a purpose. Of course, since you only come on here to spew mouth-breather type rants re: Bryce or let loose with your typical childish remarks on a game thread, you wouldn't really know. Fortunately, i'm not a sheep that follows Slaten (or any other talk show moron) and repeats his silly tag lines.

I think your vo-tech smoke break is up, go back to puttin' the clutch back in that bitchin' camaro.

BROY, although I agree with you on most topics or at least can see where you are coming from, we are 180 off on the Queen. How anyone can listen to and be supportive of an overbearing, rude @-hole is just beyond me. Unlike what you and others imply, that the vocal Queen haters still listen to him, I can assure you that I can count on two middle fingers the number of times I have had 590 on between 3-6. Both times were when BM and his sidekick were ranting about Billiken basketball in what I perceived to be an unfair manner. In both instances I quickly remembered why I disliked the bully Queen as he "won" his arguments by screaming over the caller with words like, "Don't talk when I'm talking" and thereafter cut the caller off. Sorry to disagree but the Queen got just what he deserved.

As to his popping up on another station, don't be so sure. He has burned his bridges at the only other local stations which carry most local sports games/talk. He is personna non gratis at 550, 1120 and 1380. Unless he has pictures of one of those stations top managers with animals, they won't touch him. Same with the TV stations-there is a good reason why you don't see him on any pre/post game shows or Sunday night Sports specials.

Good riddance to someone who earned just what he got.

Slaten is a very interesting personality. He is certainly much more prepared than most radio hosts who merely roll out of bed, read the morning paper, check out ESPN while getting dressed and then come on the air proclaiming to be an expert. He could not have the following and the ratings he has, and always has had, but simply being controversial, rude and overbearing. There is substance to him not found with most talk show hosts. For instance, if you are going to take on the Cardinals and LaRussa, then you need to be prepared. He always was.

At the same time, he goes way too far in his attacks. You would have thought he'd see the line and either not cross it, or at least not go too far past it, but he didn't. What makes him "good" and provocative also turns out to be his downfall. In short, I enjoyed his "perspective" and his show for only short segments. Too much of him, though, was equally mind-numbing.

One thing for sure. It will hard to find his replacement.

Like the King I also Attended Christian Brothers College. So I guess you could say they produce great thinkers. Duncan is at fault in this also. Since he is Cardinal let us all bow down and kiss his feet.

ph, you went to cbc. That explains a lot.

Moy your humor is just not there like women you just don't get. So end your man to hand relationship, put the inflatamate away safely so your mommy doesn't find it. Go out side and get some sun and exercise.

By the way unlike you I have a degree and a real job. I only work eight days a month it's nice on my days off to read your mindless dribble.

Moy your humor is just not there like women you just don't get. So end your man to hand relationship, put the inflatamate away safely so your mommy doesn't find it. Go out side and get some sun and exercise.

By the way unlike you I have a degree and a real job. I only work eight days a month it's nice on my days off to read your mindless dribble.

It's drivel, chief.

You are kidding me, right? I will just say I went to DeSmet or Chaminade from now on.

Are you sure you didn't go to Vianney?

It's drivel, chief.

Jimbo, until you get a real degree and a real job, I would not recommend an intellectual challenge with Gary. He has a job and hot chicks and can make it rain with one dollar bills.

Besides, the vo-tech taught him to say dribble, so that must be correct.

I like you jim, so i've got to warn you...you are way out of your league here. Did I mention that Gary has a job?

Can't go wrong with C.B.C. . Must not be to bad of an education at C.B.C or any other MCC school when you look at all of the graduates of these institutions on the radio and T.V.

Kilcoyne- C.B.C.

Slaten- C.B.C.

Shannon- C.B.C

Cusamano- Desmet

Mclaughlin-Vianney

Mckernen-SLUH

Bob Carpenter- Vianney

Slaten is a very interesting personality. He is certainly much more prepared than most radio hosts who merely roll out of bed, read the morning paper, check out ESPN while getting dressed and then come on the air proclaiming to be an expert. He could not have the following and the ratings he has, and always has had, but simply being controversial, rude and overbearing. There is substance to him not found with most talk show hosts. For instance, if you are going to take on the Cardinals and LaRussa, then you need to be prepared. He always was.

At the same time, he goes way too far in his attacks. You would have thought he'd see the line and either not cross it, or at least not go too far past it, but he didn't. What makes him "good" and provocative also turns out to be his downfall. In short, I enjoyed his "perspective" and his show for only short segments. Too much of him, though, was equally mind-numbing.

One thing for sure. It will hard to find his replacement.

It wouldn't matter if you were prepared or not. If you disagree with him you won't get a chance to say what you believe. If you call up and kiss his ass first you might get your first point in, but becareful not to make sense or have a valid argument .... you'll get cut off and told not to talk while he's talking, though he will have just jumped in and cut you off to tell you how wrong and stupid you are. Iff the guy could actually have a conversation with someone he might be worth listning to, he can't so he's not.

Moy I just wish I was as intellectiual as you. Your class and sophistication just radiate in your posts. You probably think Slaten is a communist. I wish you would debate Slaten, I'm sure he would really hate to match a man of your stature and intellect. Slaten is a free thinker who doesn't let other people affect his opinion. You probably think Chris Carpenter is a true #1 starting pitcher and the Cardinals will win it all.

Moy I just wish I was as intellectiual as you. Your class and sphistication just radiate in your posts. You probably think Slaten is a communist. I wish you would debate Slaten, I'm sure he would really hate to match a man of your stature and intellect. Slaten is a free thinker who doesn't let other people affect his opinion. You probably think Chris Carpenter is a true #1 starting pitcher and the Cardinals will win it all.

You mean the Chris Carpenter who won the Cy Young?