SLU Wikipedia

If it entertains Metz and he is not doing it here more power to him. Wikipedia is just begging for that kind of stuff. He has been well behaved on here in his latest incarnation and actually has had some funny posts.

It's no surprise that Metz brought up his own work on wikipedia.

I hated to hear that Rossino's closed. My wife was talking about the pizza at that place just the other night.

Oh man, Rossino's closed? One of my best friends was a waiter there. My senior year my wife and I had our first child. Mike, who was then the manager, used to give her Italian cookies. Also, the toasted raviolis were to die for. Antipasto was great. And it was a hangout for a lot of visiting pro teams. Remember meeting Willie Stargell in there. But biggest thrill was when my friend called and said Fran Tarkenton's here. He was then playing for the Giants. I think Mike, can't remember his last name, was going to buy it. Hope that wasn't him killed in the accident. Great guy.

Wash U People consider us a party school.. :lol:

I met an alum in Boston from Wash U, and told me that we threw great parties..He also remembers soccer games with SLU people "...can't believe the size of you guys, you were a bunch of bullies.." :lol:

Laclede's Bar and Humphrey's when I was still in school back in the late 90's to 00's, SIUC, UMSL students would usually frequent these two..

My crowning achievement on WashU's campus was drop-kicking a BMW going about 20 miles an hour in the parking lot after a "party" there a couple years ago. To prove his WashU pu$$yhood, he just drove off w/ his dented door w/out even getting out to kick $h!t. I'm sure his daddy sent the money Western Union® that night. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of right-on people that go to WashU, but you can get blinded by the bling in dey moufs over dere, and dey ain't wearin' no GRRRRRRRIIIIIILLLLLLZZZZZZZZ....

My crowning achievement on WashU's campus was drop-kicking a BMW going about 20 miles an hour in the parking lot after a "party" there a couple years ago. To prove his WashU pu$$yhood, he just drove off w/ his dented door w/out even getting out to kick $h!t. I'm sure his daddy sent the money Western Union® that night. Don't get me wrong, I know plenty of right-on people that go to WashU, but you can get blinded by the bling in dey moufs over dere, and dey ain't wearin' no GRRRRRRRIIIIIILLLLLLZZZZZZZZ....

Every morning I just really need to read a post from Jimbo to start the day right.. :lol:

If it entertains Metz and he is not doing it here more power to him. Wikipedia is just begging for that kind of stuff. He has been well behaved on here in his latest incarnation and actually has had some funny posts.

So who is his latest incarnation? I thought his IP address was blocked.

Yes he did. He operated serveral restaurants in the area after Rossinos. His wife Rose, and possibly their children, ran them after his death. I am not sure if it is still there but they did operate Del Pietros on Hampton Ave.

Ken, if my memory still good, the owner of Rossino's name was Tom. Cannot recall his last name. I can remember him like was yesterday sitting at that little bar they had shooting the bull with everyone. Also remember Torre coming in after a Cardinal night game waiting at the bar to get sub to go. This is going back to the period of '70 to '75 when I was at SLU. I did return in '98 (to see the great Larry Hughes) and stopped by Rossino's. It was then I met his wife (who at the time was running Rossino's), she informed me he passed away due to a auto accident about 4 years earlier. What shocked me was the waiter staff practically had no turn-over from when I went as a student.

Just to clarify... I did not edit Wikipedia's entry for SLU to say that "bomble media" ranked it as a party school. I did delete that edit of SLU's wikipedia page because whoever (and it probably was metzinger) posted that used my webpage's likeness without my permission.

The new message board looks awesome, by the way.

Go Billikens!

Oh, and I've set up a webpage in conjunction with the Washington, D.C. SLU Alumni, if anyone is here in DC and is interested.

www.slualumnidc.com

Best,

Jim Swift '06

PS- Rossino's WAS awesome. I worked there for a month.

You guys can correct me if I you know facts to the contrary but I threw the biggest party at SLU in recent history in the Fall of 97'. As a freshman I was told that we once had a party at the Sigma Chi House that had 20 kegs and was crazy. So I, talong with the help of a few dudes who post on this board, in an effort to top that, organized a party that had 23 Kegs and 1,000 people at it. It was so packed there was a 1 out 1 in policy in effect for most of the night. The party was in conjunction with the KDs and benefitted some charity. I know that 1,000 people were there because it was $3 admission. The 3rd party vendor we hired that charged $1/per ran out of beer for a while and had to go get some more kegs.

So SLU is a party school we had 1 big one in 97. The KDRs threw a big one that year too in the building near Del Taco. Fr. Stark tried hard to stop our fun but I tried harder.

Rossinos was awesome.

You guys can correct me if I you know facts to the contrary but I threw the biggest party at SLU in recent history in the Fall of 97'. As a freshman I was told that we once had a party at the Sigma Chi House that had 20 kegs and was crazy. So I, talong with the help of a few dudes who post on this board, in an effort to top that, organized a party that had 23 Kegs and 1,000 people at it. It was so packed there was a 1 out 1 in policy in effect for most of the night. The party was in conjunction with the KDs and benefitted some charity. I know that 1,000 people were there because it was $3 admission. The 3rd party vendor we hired that charged $1/per ran out of beer for a while and had to go get some more kegs.

So SLU is a party school we had 1 big one in 97. The KDRs threw a big one that year too in the building near Del Taco. Fr. Stark tried hard to stop our fun but I tried harder.

Rossinos was awesome.

Well done A_Bomb...i was at that party. It was a great night!

Rossinos was awesome.

You guys through an awesome halloween party back in 1994. I had a friend from Mexico with me, and he was concerned that the beer in the kegs wasn't strong enough, so he kept mixing tequila shots with his beer. I lost him halfway through the night, and it turns out he hooked up with some of the spaniards and finished the night on the east side.

In the fall of 1993, the Phi Delts through a few awesome parties that had some hot local band at the time led by a female singer.