SLU Wikipedia

Someone tell me this is a joke:

Party Scene National Rankings

D.C.-based Bomble Media ranked Saint Louis University in the Top 5 among national universities, ranking fourth, behind the University of Wisconsin-Madison, The University of Texas, Arizona State University and and the University of Tennessee. The U ranked ahead of renowned party school Alabama. Based on rankings of school spirit, tailgating and on-campus bars, Bomble Media's rankings stunned the Quad. Humphrey's, celebrating her 32nd Anniversary this summer, will celebrate The U's top 5 ranking by staying open until 5 a.m. for an entire week.

And since when do we call SLU 'the U'. And since when does SLU have parties.

ESPN's College GameDay will be on-hand to open the Chaifetz, as the U will take on Georgetown in November 2008. Dick Vitale and Dan Schulman will be calling the action for the World Wide Leader. All students, alumni and fans of the U will be encouraged to wear Billiken Blue and Rock the Chaifetz against the Hoyas. Over 100 Jesuit fathers from both Saint Louis and Georgetown will be honored at halftime for their service to the Catholic Church.

Thats a sweet Wikiality!

are they making $@#& up or whats going on I have not heard anything about college gameday being there

School Spirit: This is an obvious change from when I went "to the U." Outside of us dormers, all of the SLU students went home at night to hang out with their St. Joe's, Vianney, Chaminade, St. Elizabeth's and DeSmet buds. It's nice to see this has all changed!

Tailgating: back in my days, we caravanned to Festus and set up the Harry "Kehoe Kampgrounds" well in advance of powerhouse games against soccer titans like Regis College and Lewis University. We'd stoke the fires and cook off specialties like "Busch Bean Soup" and feed the intestional maladies fondly refered to as "Hulcer's Ulcers." Good to see that tradition has moved back to on-campus.

On-Campus bars: did they finally put those on all the ground floor windows in Clemens/Walsh/GriesediecK? They must have because that's the only way "on-campus bars" could possibly exist. I mean, we had "The Pub" over in Busch Center but I am pretty certaint hat closed shop a long time ago.

let me second the request here : Tell me this is a joke, right?????? If not, Bomble Media is adding tons of credibility to my belief in the media, of any sort. Bonowich notwithstanding.

Someone tell me this is a joke:

Party Scene National Rankings

D.C.-based Bomble Media ranked Saint Louis University in the Top 5 among national universities, ranking fourth, behind the University of Wisconsin-Madison, The University of Texas, Arizona State University and and the University of Tennessee. The U ranked ahead of renowned party school Alabama. Based on rankings of school spirit, tailgating and on-campus bars, Bomble Media's rankings stunned the Quad. Humphrey's, celebrating her 32nd Anniversary this summer, will celebrate The U's top 5 ranking by staying open until 5 a.m. for an entire week.

And since when do we call SLU 'the U'. And since when does SLU have parties.

Although I use Wikipedia myself, I've read somewhere that it can be infiltrated, and I've seen a suspected one in another setting.

Perhaps those from Generation X or Y can shed some more light on this.

Although I use Wikipedia myself, I've read somewhere that it can be infiltrated, and I've seen a suspected one in another setting.

Perhaps those from Generation X or Y can shed some more light on this.

Yeah, Wiki isn't gospel. This thing has Metz's name all over it. I wouldn't believe anything in that. I will say the chances of Georgetown opening the Arena are much greater than SLU being the #5 party school. That is pure b.s.

School Spirit: This is an obvious change from when I went "to the U." Outside of us dormers, all of the SLU students went home at night to hang out with their St. Joe's, Vianney, Chaminade, St. Elizabeth's and DeSmet buds. It's nice to see this has all changed!

Tailgating: back in my days, we caravanned to Festus and set up the Harry "Kehoe Kampgrounds" well in advance of powerhouse games against soccer titans like Regis College and Lewis University. We'd stoke the fires and cook off specialties like "Busch Bean Soup" and feed the intestional maladies fondly refered to as "Hulcer's Ulcers." Good to see that tradition has moved back to on-campus.

On-Campus bars: did they finally put those on all the ground floor windows in Clemens/Walsh/GriesediecK? They must have because that's the only way "on-campus bars" could possibly exist. I mean, we had "The Pub" over in Busch Center but I am pretty certaint hat closed shop a long time ago.

let me second the request here : Tell me this is a joke, right?????? If not, Bomble Media is adding tons of credibility to my belief in the media, of any sort. Bonowich notwithstanding.

There was Clark's (closed and demolished) and Humphrey's (the sole survivor), along with Quincy's on Olive (where I watched Game 7 of the 1982 World Series). There was Bogart's on Vandeventer, that mysteriously turned into something called Knight's (a bar of another persuasion) in August, 1982. There was Calico's on Laclede (that has a new name) and Pastore's down the street. And there was The Pub in Busch Center. For the frat guys, there was the legendary Jimmy and Andy's, that reportedly opened at 6 a.m.

In those days, a lot of the DeSmet guys had their own fraternity, the Pi-Delts. The big night at SLU was Thursday night; that was the traditional campus bar night. The law students met the nursing students at Humphrey's on Thursday nights. The weekends for some dormers, those not there necessarily to study, often involved forays into The City (Laclede's Landing, Soulard, Central West End), and for the really adventuresome, oddysseys across the River into The Land of Lincoln.

I believe I have stock in all those bars BAB mentioned .... that's why they no longer exist. I disagree however on calling them "on-campus." the old Clark's/Fridays site is now on-cmapus but then it wasn't. Campus ended at the alley behind Fusz, did it not? This is pure bunk.

r. For the frat guys, there was the legendary Jimmy and Andy's, that reportedly opened at 6 a.m.

oddysseys across the River into The Land of Lincoln.

Wow, this brings back memories.

J & A's, as I recall, you could send in your 5 year old little brother into J & A's and he would be served. :P

Going over to Ill. side, I remember these large bars located in Edwardsville and Belleville.

Reading this Wikapedia article about SLU's social life, things certainly improved from the early to mid 70's. ;)

For me it was when he said "simply referred to as "the Program"". I'm pretty sure most of the campus doesn't realize we have a basketball program.

If it entertains Metz and he is not doing it here more power to him. Wikipedia is just begging for that kind of stuff. He has been well behaved on here in his latest incarnation and actually has had some funny posts.

Bomble Media is run by a former SLU student. Jim Swift is the founder, he graduated from SLU in '06, and also ran for SGA president in '04. He started the website around '03-'04. He lives and works in DC now. So, it's not really a large nationwide thing, it's basically just an online blog. He has a bunch of made up stories and pictures of his hijinx in college. It's strictly for entertainment purposes.

So, that's why SLU got the 'attention'.

Bomble Media is run by a former SLU student. Jim Swift is the founder, he graduated from SLU in '06, and also ran for SGA president in '04. He started the website around '03-'04. He lives and works in DC now. So, it's not really a large nationwide thing, it's basically just an online blog. He has a bunch of made up stories and pictures of his hijinx in college. It's strictly for entertainment purposes.

So, that's why SLU got the 'attention'.

Google this Bomble Media and party school rankings, and a link pops to SLU's Wikipedia entry. Read down, and there this alleged party school ranking is.

Obviously, this is an infiltrated hoax. If SLU has suddenly become a party school, the Puritans must have invaded places like Chico State and SIU.

Of course and as always, it is good to see that ASU is high on the list. The story my good friend out here tells re the response he received when he first called his friend to ask what it was like at ASU: "Dude, chicks." That was presumably enough said.

There was Clark's (closed and demolished) and Humphrey's (the sole survivor), along with Quincy's on Olive (where I watched Game 7 of the 1982 World Series). There was Bogart's on Vandeventer, that mysteriously turned into something called Knight's (a bar of another persuasion) in August, 1982. There was Calico's on Laclede (that has a new name) and Pastore's down the street. And there was The Pub in Busch Center. For the frat guys, there was the legendary Jimmy and Andy's, that reportedly opened at 6 a.m.

Calico's is now the Laclede Street Bar and Grill, but it looks pretty much the same as it always has.

Pastore's became the Billiken Bench Club, a name it held for quite a while, then became Malarkey's and Fat Freddie's and maybe something else since then. It's been vacant for quite a while. I'd love to see a new bar open up there. For those of you who are nostalgic, the Pastore's name is still painted on the side of the building.

BTW, Rossino's on Sarah at West Pine closed a few months ago. My wife and I went there on our first date. ;)

Calico's is now the Laclede Street Bar and Grill, but it looks pretty much the same as it always has.

Pastore's became the Billiken Bench Club, a name it held for quite a while, then became Malarkey's and Fat Freddie's and maybe something else since then. It's been vacant for quite a while. I'd love to see a new bar open up there. For those of you who are nostalgic, the Pastore's name is still painted on the side of the building.

BTW, Rossino's on Sarah at West Pine closed a few months ago. My wife and I went there on our first date. ;)

I hated to hear that Rossino's closed. My wife was talking about the pizza at that place just the other night.

BTW, Rossino's on Sarah at West Pine closed a few months ago. My wife and I went there on our first date. :P

Was it in the Pipe Room? Remember it was that very romantic back room of Rossino's that had all the pipes just below the ceiling. If you had height higher then 5'9", you had to watch your head ;)

I hated to hear that Rossino's closed. My wife was talking about the pizza at that place just the other night.

I used to know the owner and about 10 years ago I took my wife when visiting SL to Rossino's. She also raved about the pizza. Unfortunately, he was in a auto accident on Forest Park Pkwy and passed away. His wife took over and she told me this. I have to admit that cracker crust pizza was great. Have not been able to find that anywhere else.

Was it in the Pipe Room? Remember it was that very romantic back room of Rossino's that had all the pipes just below the ceiling. If you had height higher then 5'9", you had to watch your head ;)

Of course! I really miss that place. In this day and age of Applebee's and Olive Garden, it's hard to find a place with as much character and personality as Rossino's.

Of course! I really miss that place. In this day and age of Applebee's and Olive Garden, it's hard to find a place with as much character and personality as Rossino's.

Plus Ros' was open late. And I agree with everyone about the great pizza. I met Joe Torre there one night in the early 70's, smoking a big ol' stogie. Obviously, a great guy to talk baseball with even back then!

Wash U People consider us a party school.. :lol:

I met an alum in Boston from Wash U, and told me that we threw great parties..He also remembers soccer games with SLU people "...can't believe the size of you guys, you were a bunch of bullies.." :lol:

Laclede's Bar and Humphrey's when I was still in school back in the late 90's to 00's, SIUC, UMSL students would usually frequent these two..