Cassity

brianstl

If that's true, i'd bet SLU's out of the running.

Why?

Yes, they are in the Big 10 but they have been a doormat in basketball the past decade or so. Maybe the Big 10 is a huge draw but its not like we are going up against Indiana here.

I'll submit that if everytime a BCS conference offers a potential recruit we no longer have a chance, then we might as well pack it in now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The beauty of message boards is the what if game.

Would a middle of the pack BCS conference school be a winner in a non-BCS conference?

If Nebraska was in the MVC would they be one of the best teams?

Nebraska regularly loses to Creighton so maybe they wouldn't be the top team but up there somewhere.

Now if we took SLU and put it in the Big 10 we would get killed.

This may not be the case every year but it would be the case this year. You don't see many undersized teams in the BCS conferences.

So if we expect to win our conference and compete in the tournament we will have to compete with BCS schools for recruits. If we are only competing with Austin Peay and UW-M then we will always be where we are now.

Michigan hasn't offered him, yet. They might when he goes up there for an official visit. Penn State has offered him and he has planned official visits to Michigan, SLU and Penn State.

I am not sure of who I would compare him to. He is athletic kid who can create his own shot. He is a leader and he can maybe a comparison is more like a Drew Hanlen minus the shot, just taller. Actually a taller much leaner Ron Waller. Or a not as strong Torres Roundtree. To name a few.

what i saw from cassity that drew me to my comparisons was the fact he was so good at making the other players better and putting them in a position to succeed. he also was an outstanding defender in both games having to defend players way bigger than he but since he was the biggest player on his pinckneyville team, they had no other choice.

that team was cassity and four 5'9"-6'0" others. yet he gets them to the final four and goes down the last minute in both games.

i know i am going to get hell from oj on this, because it will appear i am dissing his favored torres, but no way i take torres over cassity. those intangibles make cassity the perfect rickma player.

btw oj, if you remember ryan robertson's senior team at st chuck west, ryan like cassity was the tallest player on the team and also was very good at elevating those players around him. imo they are almost identical players.

and 3 star, while he didnt win the state 3 point contest, i thought cassity's shot was just fine. in fact i wish he would have shot more. he seemed to be pre-occupied with driving and dishing back out to one of his shorter teamates when i think he could have pulled up and made some of those 15 footers he was passing up. in both games he made a couple of those early and then stopped shooting. i just dont recall any bad misses.

if cassity sat behind those other players over the summer, shame on his summer coaches. they missed.

I don't know what I have said to make you think that Torres is my favorite player in the area, but that is not necessarily true. I think he is one of the top ten to fifteen players in the area, but he is not my favorite.

If Cassity sat behind, Booker, Femi John, and Tyler Griffey shame on his AAU coach....what kind of sense does that make. Booker was ranked in the top one hundred by the end of the summer, SLU offered Femi and Griffey a long time ago.

I think you are right about Kyle making his team better and being a good player. I think he is a pretty good player.

Michigan who still hasn't offered KC just got a verbal from a 6'4" guard from out of Indiana so they might not be in the picture anymore.

I don't know what I have said to make you think that Torres is my favorite player in the area, but that is not necessarily true. I think he is one of the top ten to fifteen players in the area, but he is not my favorite.

If Cassity sat behind, Booker, Femi John, and Tyler Griffey shame on his AAU coach....what kind of sense does that make. Booker was ranked in the top one hundred by the end of the summer, SLU offered Femi and Griffey a long time ago.

I think you are right about Kyle making his team better and being a good player. I think he is a pretty good player.

Michigan who still hasn't offered KC just got a verbal from a 6'4" guard from out of Indiana so they might not be in the picture anymore.

Zack Novak.

Michigan prob won't offer anymore as I think Cassidy was a back up plan to Novak.

I am not sure of who I would compare him to. He is athletic kid who can create his own shot. He is a leader and he can maybe a comparison is more like a Drew Hanlen minus the shot, just taller. Actually a taller much leaner Ron Waller. Or a not as strong Torres Roundtree. To name a few.

How about a better passing Jeremy Sharpe? I see he's doing very well for D-2 power Rollins College this year. I think he could have been a nice role player at D-1.

Guest BillikenReport

How about a better passing Jeremy Sharpe? I see he's doing very well for D-2 power Rollins College this year. I think he could have been a nice role player at D-1.

I liked him, but the few times I saw him play in big games or against better competition he didn't show well.

and 3 star, while he didnt win the state 3 point contest, i thought cassity's shot was just fine. in fact i wish he would have shot more. he seemed to be pre-occupied with driving and dishing back out to one of his shorter teamates when i think he could have pulled up and made some of those 15 footers he was passing up. in both games he made a couple of those early and then stopped shooting. i just dont recall any bad misses.

He may be a good three point shooter at some point but he isn't right now.

http://www.ihsa.org/activity/bkb/2007-08/2info3.htm

He may be a good three point shooter at some point but he isn't right now.

http://www.ihsa.org/activity/bkb/2007-08/2info3.htm

no i agree cassity isnt being recruited to be a three point marksman. he is a complete player. what i saw though was a player that was hitting pull up 15 footers and open 10 footers and looked decent at the three point line. but more importantly i saw a very good defender, a very good passer, a complete team leader.

this kid is a player.

I can't argue against a 6'6'" guard that shoots 69% on his 2FGs. Got to be something special there.

It's not unusual for Cassity to have 5-6 layups in a game as a 6'5 guard in 2A ball. That just doesn't translate at the Div 1 level where you are no longer the tallest or 2nd tallest player on the floor.

It's not unusual for Cassity to have 5-6 layups in a game as a 6'5 guard in 2A ball. That just doesn't translate at the Div 1 level where you are no longer the tallest or 2nd tallest player on the floor.

Cassity told me takes all his 2 pointers w/ his eyes closed, so take that for what it's worth. (I'll defer for now, my ammo is expended) :)

SLU is in the same situation we have no spots for 2008 as of now but have 2 or 3 offers out for players

This is from salukitalk.net from a poster that has posted on here about Kyle and seems to be close to him

I talked to his mom and she said that SIU offered the other night a full ride but they are still wanting to check out SLU before making any decisions. So as of right now it seems as if the choices are coming down to Michigan (which he said was very nice but 8 hours from home), SLU (where iminent playing time is a very real possibility) and SIU (the school he's grown up watching and rooting for)

he's pretty good acquaintences with Evans and played on the same AAU team as one of the McCluer signees... so all we can do is sit and wait and if i hear anything and let ya know

i would probably say SIU and Michigan are neck and neck to be honest... but SLU is still up there but i would put them third... but that is not from his mouth just my honest opinion from what i have been lead to believe

The Cassity thread on that board has some funny stuff in it.