More problems for Mizzou

I am glad to hear that, a one game suspension for each. I think he should have kicked Butterfield off of the team. I don't know how many chances he wants to give this guy. He needs to do something to get it through these kids head that he is serious. I don't think this will do it. Kicking Butterfield off the team might have done it. I think it is only a matter of time before thay have their next incident.

The Mizzou press release doesn't mention a 1 game suspension - it says they will miss the Nebraska game and their status will be determined later. The Mizzou website includes Hannah in the 'indefinite' suspension release. I'm guessing that Butterfield will be gone.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/s.../012908aaa.html

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to believe that anyone would honestly advocate for further punishment beyond a one game suspension for these guys other than Hannah who obviously was involved in an altercation and Butterfield who was skating on thin ice to begin with. Brown, Horton, and Lyons have had no other off the court issues that I know of and they are being punished for being at a sketchy club. I realize Mike Anderson instituted some kind of no club rule so they were technically in the wrong for being there and are thus paying the price for it, but anything beyond that would seem pretty harsh in my opinion. College kids are going to go to bars/clubs with their friends; I am sure many of the younger posters on this board have been out shootin it with members of the Billikens. I am sure guys like Polk and Liddell have found themselves at places where potentially bad situations similar to the one involving Hannah could occur.

If that is a picture from that night the suspensions are still coming since Keon Lawrence is front and center with a red hoody. It is interesting to see the assistant coaches son in that photo as well. Posing for a picture in front of a club you are told not to go to and posting it online is not the smartest thing to do.

I think you answer a lot of your questions. It is tough to really call these guys Anderson recruits since he came in for Quinn and had to fill a recruiting class with leftovers so to say. He did get some nice players in Hannah, Keon Lawrence (already committed to Quinn I believe), JT Tiller, and DeMarre Carroll, but he also probably had to reach for guys like Butterfield and that Volkus character. Three of those guys are JUCO transfers and it seems like kids go to JUCO for a reason and typically are not outstanding character guys. So his first recruiting class was a class he pieced together in a short period of time with what players were still available and without the ability to really target guys and go out and get them. He was fortunate to get Carroll to transfer and Tiller to switch his committment after having committed to UAB. He only had one scholarship available for his second recruiting class and got a kid who looks like he could become a solid player in Safford. So I would say this current recruiting class is Anderson's first true recruiting class with his "guys." I will base much of my opinion of Mike Anderson on the guys who come in next season.

The two guys involved in this situation who could be labeled Anderson recruits are Butterfield and Hannah who both would be guys you called reaches as far as character.

i am a casual mizzou fan

i hope they succeed in all games except when, if, they play slu, and i watch them some of the time on tv

if they play slu my allegience is 100% for slu

i live in missouri

i am not pleased with the turn of events here

the coach has a zero tolerance program that specifically bans an establishment

half the team is at the banned place and one player has to go to the hospital after a brawl

one player regularly plays in a band in that establishment

if you don't want to have a zero tolerance policy - don't have one

if you have a zero tolerance policy, then you have to enforce it

this is just not good for mizzou or anderson

I am very disappointed in the actions of these young men," Anderson said. "We have defined team rules and when those rules aren't followed, our guys must be held accountable for their actions."

i guess we will see what this means

New coach, same ol problem program.

The more things change, the more they stay exactly the same.

What is the count of arrests/incidents/etc. for the team this year? Wins vs. Incidents-leading- to-suspensions? Wins giving 3? 4?

At least they got a chance to play in a BCS bowl game this year... oh wait..

I wish them nothing but the best, couldn't have happened to a better place.

kevin footes comes running in to protect postcard again. This will do wonders for kevin's credibility problem. :unsure:

Wrong again, troll. I'm just defending myself from your constant b. s. attacks. If you don't like it, quit acting like a troll and calling me out whenever you start to sink in a thread. In fact, why don't you stop being such a hypocrite? Aside from the people who flame out within a couple of weeks, you're the biggest troll going on this board (and some others too, apparently).

Wrong again, troll. I'm just defending myself from your constant b. s. attacks. If you don't like it, quit acting like a troll and calling me out whenever you start to sink in a thread. In fact, why don't you stop being such a hypocrite? Aside from the people who flame out within a couple of weeks, you're the biggest troll going on this board (and some others too, apparently).

The pot is calling the kettle a dumbass lump of metal....................

Coming from you, that means less than nothing. I'll buy you lunch on the day you leave this board for good. You know where I am.......

We should have a billikens.com lunch. We should all get Bills uniform jerseys with are screen names on them. I would like to nominate myself for head of the party planning committee.