GO TO GUY

The Heckler

The Bills had the win against Temple last saturday. First off they were 7-0 when leading at half, 9-0 when having the lead with under 5 min to go. When I saw they had the lead by 1 with 4:59 on the clock, I thought there was no way they would lose. They should have lost. Where is the Lisch of yesterday. The one who could stone cold bury a jumper or make is own shot and drive to the hoop. Why the hell was Tommy passing the ball out beyond the 3 point line when he had a clear shot from inside the elbow. Finish Temple off, I was walking away shaking my head, wishing Tommie would have at least given us a chance to see the ball hit the rim. YES the Bills play good Defense, and they had not lost a game where they held the opponent to under 60 (besides the 49-20 waxing) but they need to learn to score when they want. Being up 4-3 on temple when temple could not score for 6 minutes is probably where they lost the game. They should have burried that team and been up 12-0 by the time they hit that 3.

Back to the topic at hand. Was that last second shot a play. Why not run the play where look as a 10 footer from the base line which he shoots about 80 from. Run something, I am sure it wasn't the Liddell pass out to the 3 line. That play sucked. 2 OT games and 2 losses. They are competing at home and playing well, but we need the W's. The road is going to be difficult. Lets hope the Kevin of old returns soon. And that Liddell can contribue more then 2 points in the second half of future games to come.

SHOOT THE BALL GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bills had the win against Temple last saturday. First off they were 7-0 when leading at half, 9-0 when having the lead with under 5 min to go. When I saw they had the lead by 1 with 4:59 on the clock, I thought there was no way they would lose. They should have lost. Where is the Lisch of yesterday. The one who could stone cold bury a jumper or make is own shot and drive to the hoop. Why the hell was Tommy passing the ball out beyond the 3 point line when he had a clear shot from inside the elbow. Finish Temple off, I was walking away shaking my head, wishing Tommie would have at least given us a chance to see the ball hit the rim. YES the Bills play good Defense, and they had not lost a game where they held the opponent to under 60 (besides the 49-20 waxing) but they need to learn to score when they want. Being up 4-3 on temple when temple could not score for 6 minutes is probably where they lost the game. They should have burried that team and been up 12-0 by the time they hit that 3.

Back to the topic at hand. Was that last second shot a play. Why not run the play where look as a 10 footer from the base line which he shoots about 80 from. Run something, I am sure it wasn't the Liddell pass out to the 3 line. That play sucked. 2 OT games and 2 losses. They are competing at home and playing well, but we need the W's. The road is going to be difficult. Lets hope the Kevin of old returns soon. And that Liddell can contribue more then 2 points in the second half of future games to come.

SHOOT THE BALL GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, they were trying to run a play to Luke that Temple defended. Tommy was trying to create something. Sure wish he had shot!

Actually, they were trying to run a play to Luke that Temple defended. Tommy was trying to create something. Sure wish he had shot!

while i like luke a lot. no way i am drawing up a play for luke when we are down 1. it has to be a set play or total isolation for kevin or tommie from the get go. now that said, when luke got blocked from his cut across the baseline, tommie stil had the ball on the elbow extended with 8 seconds to create. i find it hard to believe that tommie cant get that shot up driving left (since the billikens had overloaded the other side and cleared out left for tommie to move across the lane and leave the left side for the apparent luke cut that never happened) and at least draw a foul. when tommie saw luke wasnt going to get to the left side of the lane, i just refuse to believe tommie couldnt have reversed or crossed over to go left to the spot that luke would have been at. i guess my question is was plan "b" discussed in the huddle or was it left up to tommie to totally free lance that decision? instead tommie seemed to panic to kevin coming to him. dont know, but i would bet kevin did not think he was getting the ball and was likely just trying to circle around tommie to give him room to step back if needed.

all in all it was a horrible last play. we definitely would have been better off just clearing out for either tommie or kevin to go one on one.

tommie or kevin should have stepped up in the huddle and advised gene hackman "i'll make it".

while i like luke a lot. no way i am drawing up a play for luke when we are down 1. it has to be a set play or total isolation for kevin or tommie from the get go. now that said, when luke got blocked from his cut across the baseline, tommie stil had the ball on the elbow extended with 8 seconds to create. i find it hard to believe that tommie cant get that shot up driving left (since the billikens had overloaded the other side and cleared out left for tommie to move across the lane and leave the left side for the apparent luke cut that never happened) and at least draw a foul. when tommie saw luke wasnt going to get to the left side of the lane, i just refuse to believe tommie couldnt have reversed or crossed over to go left to the spot that luke would have been at. i guess my question is was plan "b" discussed in the huddle or was it left up to tommie to totally free lance that decision? instead tommie seemed to panic to kevin coming to him. dont know, but i would bet kevin did not think he was getting the ball and was likely just trying to circle around tommie to give him room to step back if needed.

all in all it was a horrible last play. we definitely would have been better off just clearing out for either tommie or kevin to go one on one.

tommie or kevin should have stepped up in the huddle and advised gene hackman "i'll make it".

Considering when the shot clock is at 10 secs or lower they give the ball to Kevin or Tommie and clear out or do a on-ball screen, im sure that this was the plan B

Why not Luke? He is the three against SIU, and hit the three to tie the game earlier.

Why not Luke? He is the three against SIU, and hit the three to tie the game earlier.

if the game is tied i might play the "no one expects anyone but tommie or kevin to take the shot" so i might go to luke. but for the win, i want my two best players to have that shot. luke is good. but imo he is a level below kevin and tommie.

i definitely dont go to anyone beyond luke that is for sure. but my option would have been kevin or tommie.

if the game is tied i might play the "no one expects anyone but tommie or kevin to take the shot" so i might go to luke. but for the win, i want my two best players to have that shot. luke is good. but imo he is a level below kevin and tommie.

i definitely dont go to anyone beyond luke that is for sure. but my option would have been kevin or tommie.

Tommie was having a horrendous second half and you yourself said Kevin was gassed. Luke just tied the game with a money three so I have no problem with that play and if that is shut down(which it was) give the ball to Tommie and clear out, which is what happened. I didnt think Tommie or Kevin would end the game like that.

this is a game that SLU should and had to have...that being said...we lost it...after watching that game, TL does not look good out there in RM offense, why not open the floor for the most dominate 1on1 player in the league?? especially at the end of the game....i do not see the thought behind that decision, that should have been easy....tommie drive luke spot up when the help comes, kevin spot up shot when u get the ball....i cant understand why RM wouldnt give the ball to tommie and clear out....even soderberg would have did that in crunch time....

this is a game that SLU should and had to have...that being said...we lost it...after watching that game, TL does not look good out there in RM offense, why not open the floor for the most dominate 1on1 player in the league?? especially at the end of the game....i do not see the thought behind that decision, that should have been easy....tommie drive luke spot up when the help comes, kevin spot up shot when u get the ball....i cant understand why RM wouldnt give the ball to tommie and clear out....even soderberg would have did that in crunch time....

They tried doing that three times late in the game and he was blocked three times. They had Tommie scouted very well, they were taking away his left all second half and you saw the results. Plus I think Tommie is too turnover prone to have the ball in his hands to tie the game. I would of liked to run a play for Kevin/Luke

I'm perfectly OK with running a play for Luke at the end. Luke is money from the wing 12 feet out. I'd love to see his percentage on that shot. He can take that all day long as far as I'm concerned. Kevin is streaky. Tommie...well, I don't know what to think of him sometimes. But Luke...well, that guys seems to just about always get the job done when we need it.

I'm perfectly OK with running a play for Luke at the end. Luke is money from the wing 12 feet out. I'd love to see his percentage on that shot. He can take that all day long as far as I'm concerned. Kevin is streaky. Tommie...well, I don't know what to think of him sometimes. But Luke...well, that guys seems to just about always get the job done when we need it.

When 8-month-old Luke took his first steps, he popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline. Then he got back on D.

When 2-year-old Luke first learned to use the big boy potty, he wiped his ass, popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline. Then he pulled up his pull-ups.

When Santa asked 7-year-old Luke what he wanted for Christmas, Luke jumped off his lap, popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline. Luke still believes in Santa Claus, but not that Easter Bunny BS. And he would like a "Cobra Camerahead".

When Luke's middle school counselor asked 13-year-old Luke what he wanted to be when he grew up, Luke flipped over the table, popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, then he said maybe a veterinarian.

When Luke first slept with a girl, he popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, before falling asleep.

When Luke signed his LOI for the Billikens, he popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, and then he put on the hat.

When Luke dies, during the wake, he's going to pop out of the casket, hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, and then crumble into a pile of Billiken Blue ashes, like a MF'ing Jesuit phoenix.

End transmission.

When 8-month-old Luke took his first steps, he popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline. Then he got back on D.

When 2-year-old Luke first learned to use the big boy potty, he wiped his ass, popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline. Then he pulled up his pull-ups.

When Santa asked 7-year-old Luke what he wanted for Christmas, Luke jumped off his lap, popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline. Luke still believes in Santa Claus, but not that Easter Bunny BS. And he would like a "Cobra Camerahead".

When Luke's middle school counselor asked 13-year-old Luke what he wanted to be when he grew up, Luke flipped over the table, popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, then he said maybe a veterinarian.

When Luke first slept with a girl, he popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, before falling asleep.

When Luke signed his LOI for the Billikens, he popped out and hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, and then he put on the hat.

When Luke dies, during the wake, he's going to pop out of the casket, hit a 15-foot jumper from the baseline, and then crumble into a pile of Billiken Blue ashes, like a MF'ing Jesuit phoenix.

End transmission.

LOL! Classic.

With the exception of a shot TL hit against UMass a couple years ago, I don't remember either KL or TL hitting a big last second shot in the way a guy like Marque had a knack for doing.

cant argue with you ace. marque in that senior year did it game after game. what a stretch. of course lisch and liddell have a senior season to go. marque kept getting better every year. by that senior season he was slu hall of fame.

no doubt that lisch and liddell have plateau'd this season. hopefully that changes and the senior year brings us marque like leadership production.

With the exception of a shot TL hit against UMass a couple years ago, I don't remember either KL or TL hitting a big last second shot in the way a guy like Marque had a knack for doing.

No but he's hit plenty of big shots in the final minute of games. I don't know about you but I'd rather ice the game with 30 seconds left than have it come down to a buzzer beater. No one watches more A-10 games than our buddy WH on the A-10 boards and this is what he had to say about Mr. Lisch going into this season:

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14851

"Lisch is also very smart, like a coach on the floor, and he’s the player who should have the ball in his hands late in the game. He dished out a team-leading 111 assists (3.6 apg), but only turned the ball over 59 times. When the Bills needed a clutch shot, he was usually the one to deliver. No one in the A-10 has hit more big shots in the past two years."

First of all, Kevin is a tremendous player and some people get a little touchy when there is the hint of criticism directed towards him. I just don't remember any of these big shots. That's no knock on him. If somebody can cite those games when he hit big shots late to help us win, please do. I'm certainly not suggesting he can't and maybe those opportunities haven't presented themselves. I do have a mild criticism, that his free throw shooting late in games is not as solid as I would hope someone with such a nice stroke has. He seems to have missed his fair share of 1-1's late. I absolutely do not think he is a choker and it could be a case of fatigue.