Lisch

jp18

Maybe I'm making too much of this, but I really think the Bills should have at least had a mention last night about Lisch reaching 1,000 points. I mean do it before the game or in pregame warmups or during a stop. I was shocked nothing was said, but I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

Maybe I'm making too much of this, but I really think the Bills should have at least had a mention last night about Lisch reaching 1,000 points. I mean do it before the game or in pregame warmups or during a stop. I was shocked nothing was said, but I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

Guy Phillips has had to practice the "one minute to go" call for several years to work it in-inappropriately.

Can you imagine if he was approached by SLU P-R people who said " okay you know who KL is? yeh, the short white guard-well the one that starts- well he needs 2 points to get to 1000 and if he makes any combination of points on his first two attempts that equals or exceeds 1 and 1 or 3 on 1 or 2 on 1 you could say " Kevin Lisch just became the 5th Billiken to have at least 1000 points. I imagine GP would have to reconsider his career as they promsed him that unlike the other people at the scorers' table his job would require no math.

Guy Phillips has had to practice the "one minute to go" call for several years to work it in-inappropriately.

Can you imagine if he was approached by SLU P-R people who said " okay you know who KL is? yeh, the short white guard-well the one that starts- well he needs 2 points to get to 1000 and if he makes any combination of points on his first two attempts that equals or exceeds 1 and 1 or 3 on 1 or 2 on 1 you could say " Kevin Lisch just became the 5th Billiken to have at least 1000 points. I imagine GP would have to reconsider his career as they promsed him that unlike the other people at the scorers' table his job would require no math.

You have a point :unsure:

I think we need to boycot Pasta House if Guy makes the move to the new building. Tucci is the reason he has the job.

I don't know about you guys, but I was never running out to the parking lot so I could stuff my face at PH after we scored 60. I can't remember the last time I've eaten PH when we didn't order it in at work. That promotion could use an overhaul. 2 for 1 @ Vito's sounds good...

i have collected my ticket stubs since the 80's and every so often i put together a collage that i frame and put on the wall of my basement wall. somehow i would rather keep that streak intact than eat lasagna.

I have season tickets with my dad and he seems to use the pasta discount every time they hit the mark. So I guess he is the "one" that takes advantage of the deal. I still haven't.

I took my inlaws to a pasta house in Arnold after a Bills Game a couple years back. They looked at me like I was nuts. They'd never heard of the promotion before. They were nice enough to honor it though.

I took my inlaws to a pasta house in Arnold after a Bills Game a couple years back. They looked at me like I was nuts. They'd never heard of the promotion before. They were nice enough to honor it though.

I have heard promotion mentioned on the board, but nowhere else. What is it?

I heard that the Bills were 3-27 on nights when Ian Voyoukas played more than 23.45666 minutes and they ended up scoring 63+ points as a team. That is enough to get rid of this promotion.

I heard that the Bills were 3-27 on nights when Ian Voyoukas played more than 23.45666 minutes and they ended up scoring 63+ points as a team. That is enough to get rid of this promotion.

The Billikens are 0-7 in games that Guy Phillips doesn't at least once say "Correction".

was anyone else surprised that guy phillips didnt give us a short and complete explanation the shot clock officials discussion?

<_<

was anyone else surprised that guy phillips didnt give us a short and complete explanation the shot clock officials discussion?

;)

The guy usually misses players subbing in and out. Something like that is beyond him.

As to the guys playing the Guy Phillips drinking game, I've started just saying "finish your drink" when Guy says somethng really stupid. Who can afford to actually play given the price of a Scottrade beer??? Much less drive home???

How many years did it take to accrue those 7 games?

Hell it has got to be about two decades of screw ups now. Doesn't it? He replaced Steve Sietz(not sure on the spelling) didn't he? They got rid of him in the 80's. I thought he did a pretty good job.

mike owens was our previous floor announcer prior to phillips. mike now leads the stats team that sits to the right of the team bench.

mike is a great guy with a great voice imo. once he would get back in the swing of it, i think he would do a great job again. no humiliating comments anymore and mike has forgotten more about basketball than guy knows.

mike owens was our previous floor announcer prior to phillips. mike now leads the stats team that sits to the right of the team bench.

mike is a great guy with a great voice imo. once he would get back in the swing of it, i think he would do a great job again. no humiliating comments anymore and mike has forgotten more about basketball than guy knows.

I forgot about Mike doing it before Guy and after Steve.

Or Taj or I could come out of retirement. Hell, we're both younger than Majerus, and the '70s are in again (although I doubt either of us would fit into our old hockey jerseys). I even have the whole "one minute" thing down pat, after my immortal call in 1978: "There is one minute remaining in the Billikens." ;)

As to the guys playing the Guy Phillips drinking game, I've started just saying "finish your drink" when Guy says somethng really stupid. Who can afford to actually play given the price of a Scottrade beer??? Much less drive home???

I'm going to be in one of the party suites for the Xavier game and plan on playing the Guy Phillips Drinking Game (GPDG) since the beer will be free. Maybe I could bring a laptop and "live blog" my drinking during the game.