Finals Stats ----Wow!!!!

davidnark

I have never been banned from this board and the admins can confirm that if they want to. Your recollection of last year is not correct. Lisch and Lidell led this team in scoring. It is absolutely amazing how IV is all of a sudden such a huge loss and how Liddell and Lisch are lacking in talent.

huh? did i say that liddell and lisch did not lead the team in scoring? have you seen KL or TL put this team on their back this year?

huh? did i say that liddell and lisch did not lead the team in scoring? have you seen KL or TL put this team on their back this year?

Sorry Moytoy but I'm trying to figure out why you believe this team doesn't have much talent when it returned the following players from last year's team that won 20 games:

Liddell 15pts 7 rbs 2.5 asts

Lisch 15 pts 3.5 rbs 3.5 asts

Meyer 9.5 pts 5 rbs 2 asts

Polk 5 pts 2.5 rbs 2.4 asts

Brown 5 pts 2 rbs 1.4 asts

That is hardly a group that doesn't have much talent.

I was just at the game. There really aren't an excuses for it. For GW, on offense, Rice was just unreal and Riggs was incredible, just opening lanes and shots for everyone. From what their fans were saying in front and around us the colonials were playing out of their minds tonight on defense, but their offensive output was about par for the course (as in, sub-par).

As for the Bills: they didn't get any open looks. Literally, ever shot was contested, as it should be. They kept trying to hammer it inside to Bryce and co. Too many hands around the basket.

On a side note, in light of the recent board conversation about student attendance, the GW student section was a strong and loud 25.

On a side note, in light of the recent board conversation about student attendance, the GW student section was a strong and loud 25.

The sad part is that the SLU student section gets that on a good day while at least when GW got it the students were not back yet from their holiday break. Plus unlike SLU, GW is not a huge commuter school as most of the students there are from outside the Washington DC area. I have seen as little as 5 in the student section at SLU which is downright embarrassing.

Sorry Moytoy but I'm trying to figure out why you believe this team doesn't have much talent when it returned the following players from last year's team that won 20 games:

Yep, Liddell and Lisch definitely have talent and Meyer is good 3, but he is no pf.

Now I know you are just trolling when bringing up Danny Brown in support of your talent argument. And polk is a below average to average pg.

3 players with talent. Well done Jack.

Other than the coaching stunk and the players stunk, what excuses are being trotted out?

Ramsey described it as the "perfect storm." He said it was like an F5 storm, with a bad shooting team....on a bad shooting night...with bad shooting luck...against a good defensive team....playing on the road.

I recall after the Kent State loss, when the wizard offered a similar explanation on how we could lose by 40 to Kent- basically that we had our worst performance of the year combined with Kent's best performance of the year. That was consoling to me- you figure hey one bad game that was a fluke and you move on, no problem. Now we get this, which although not as large of a point loss has to be considered worse- we set a record for lowest points scored. Is it possible to have 2 such "flukes" in one season? At some point, you have to wonder if these are "perfect storms"- or are we really this bad? Are these not flukes, but a trend? On the flip side, you have to wonder how a team with a 9 and 6 record could put in 2 such hideously bad performances. I mean, if we were 300+ RPI with like 1 win now, then it wouldn't be so shocking. What a Jeckyl and Hyde team... I really thought we had turned the corner with our 3 prior wins. I'm speechless.

Side note- the GW in my screen name is derived from my initials- I am not a GW (university) fan. After tonight, I feel like making a real life name change- GW sucks...

What a Jeckyl and Hyde team... I really thought we had turned the corner with our 3 prior wins. I'm speechless.

On the road SLU is Jekyl, and at home they're Hyde. The Bills' four worst games came on the road: at Pitt, at Missouri State (minus the late flurry to make the margin respectable), at Kent, and BC, and at GW (sorry, GW -- you know, you CAN change your screen name w/o having to re-register).

On the road SLU is Jekyl, and at home they're Hyde. The Bills' four worst games came on the road: at Pitt, at Missouri State (minus the late flurry to make the margin respectable), at Kent, and BC, and at GW (sorry, GW -- you know, you CAN change your screen name w/o having to re-register).

Might not be a bad plan, thanks. Someone's going to tear me a new one before too long after tonight...

We are in the front page links of both SI and ESPN..

"It's like being a step-parent. I didn't pick them. They didn't pick me," Majerus said of the players. "They are trying hard. They are trying. It is a process. The effort is good. If it wasn't I would say it publicly."

Brad made the team a year for year team with no long term plan or goal.. There iwas no recruiting system to properly integrate the players properly in the team, with each recruiting class. It is basically street sports basketball..

Wow. I didn't watch the game, and only listened to it for a minute in the very early going, as it's inventory time in retail and my hours over the last couple days coupled with not enough sleep led me to go to bed shortly after 7 pm tonight. I woke up shortly after 9 pm and checked out the result of the game on my computer, then bewilderedly went back to bed confused. Now, after not being able to fall asleep for the last 3+ hours (grrr!), I decided to check back here in case seeing that score was just a really bad dream. Unfortunately, that appears to not be the case.

Simply put, no matter how you slice it, this is embarrassing.

There were two conclusions I devised in my confusion over the result a few hours ago. They are as follows:

1) For this team to put up the poor scoring performances that have this season (Kent State, BC, and now GW), this has to mean that there are several players on this team that simply aren't good enough to be playing at the level of the A-10 conference, possibly even D-1. I know there's been debate as to whether Majerus should be telling these players that they might be better served by transferring, but right now the best thing for this program would be for these players to transfer somewhere that they can find playing time, which would allow Majerus and his staff to add several more recruits. For next year, I'll take Lisch, Liddell, Eckerle, and Eberhardt plus about 8 or 9 new recruits.

2) Now here's the optimist in me. Two years ago in Ron Zook's first season at Illinois, the Illini lost 40-2 to Ohio State, and 63-10 to Penn State. Two years later, the Illini beat then #1 ranked OSU in Columbus en route to a 9-4 season which saw the team play in the Rose Bowl. I personally think that this SLU basketball team is closer to achieving good levels of success than the Illini football team was two years ago. Hopefully in a year or two we will be looking back at how far we've come since tonight.

1) For this team to put up the poor scoring performances that have this season (Kent State, BC, and now GW), this has to mean that there are several players on this team that simply are good enough to be playing at the level of the A-10 conference, possibly even D-1. I know there's been debate as to whether Majerus should be telling these players that they might be better served by transferring, but right now the best thing for this program would be for these players to transfer somewhere that they can find playing time, which would allow Majerus and his staff to add several more recruits. For next year, I'll take Lisch, Liddell, Eckerle, and Eberhardt plus about 8 or 9 new recruits.

I presume you mean "aren't good enough."

3. Have posted all season: we lack talent. You obviously don't understand match-ups and how the loss or addition of even 1 person can affect the entire team. Let's try it this way. In baseball, when your number 1 pitcher goes down for the entire season (like Carpenter did) then each other pitcher has that much more pressure place upon them as your 2 and 3 try to assume the role of the number 1. When Orlando Pace had his season ended, the Rams were required to move guys out of position (right tackle to left tackle, guard to right tackle, etc.) to make up for the loss.

I could go on but the point is simple. We have 2 talented players: TL and KL. If they are not hot, espcially on the road, then start the bus. End of story. While I love the grit, determination and effort of LM, he simply is not a power forward and all of his flaws are exposed. IV not only created match-up problems on his own, but he hid many flaws of LM last year as well as gave significant room for TL and KL. BH is just not a good Div 1 center and BE is not the saviour we need because of bad recruiting. Justin Johnson, as bad as he was, was a strong/athletic guy who gave the team a few solid minutes each game. Don't get me wrong, I am looking back at IV and Justin Johnson thinking how great we were under them, but I will say that Brad signed no one last Fall who might help, his prior recruits of AK and DM are terrible, MR cannot help at the 4 as we had hoped.

As far as next year, sorry Roy, but I will not mind RM driving guys away - assuming he does and can. We need talent. End of story.

....Justin Johnson, as bad as he was, was a strong/athletic guy who gave the team a few solid minutes each game. Don't get me wrong, I am looking back at IV and Justin Johnson thinking how great we were under them, but I will say that Brad signed no one last Fall who might help, his prior recruits of AK and DM are terrible, MR cannot help at the 4 as we had hoped.

I presume you mean "I am not looking back."

3. Have posted all season: we lack talent. You obviously don't understand match-ups and how the loss or addition of even 1 person can affect the entire team. Let's try it this way. In baseball, when your number 1 pitcher goes down for the entire season (like Carpenter did) then each other pitcher has that much more pressure place upon them as your 2 and 3 try to assume the role of the number 1. When Orlando Pace had his season ended, the Rams were required to move guys out of position (right tackle to left tackle, guard to right tackle, etc.) to make up for the loss.

I could go on but the point is simple. We have 2 talented players: TL and KL. If they are not hot, espcially on the road, then start the bus. End of story. While I love the grit, determination and effort of LM, he simply is not a power forward and all of his flaws are exposed. IV not only created match-up problems on his own, but he hid many flaws of LM last year as well as gave significant room for TL and KL. BH is just not a good Div 1 center and BE is not the saviour we need because of bad recruiting. Justin Johnson, as bad as he was, was a strong/athletic guy who gave the team a few solid minutes each game. Don't get me wrong, I am looking back at IV and Justin Johnson thinking how great we were under them, but I will say that Brad signed no one last Fall who might help, his prior recruits of AK and DM are terrible, MR cannot help at the 4 as we had hoped.

As far as next year, sorry Roy, but I will not mind RM driving guys away - assuming he does and can. We need talent. End of story.

Got to agree with Clock Tower on the talent issue. We lack it, big time. And that is UB's fault for signing not one decent D1 talent after TL and KL. Not having seen a game this year it's hard to judge what is the reason behind the Kent and GW fiascos. Like many, I thought RM could coach these guys up, but it's clear now that was a very iffy assumption.