St. Louis Ranks #9

The good news is there is talent on the way to make this team deep again. We pulled in a top ten ranking for Mid Majors in the early signing period and I doubt we are finished recruiting.

Mid Major Recruiting

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/con....asp?CID=745155

Mid-major rank

1. Nevada

2. Southern Illinois

3. Xavier

4. Gonzaga

5. New Mexico

6. Memphis

7. Utah

8. Pepperdine

9. St. Louis

10. Dayton

11. Fordham

12. Florida Atlantic

13. UMass

14. George Mason

15. Harvard

16. Saint Mary's

17. Rhode Island

18. UTEP

19. Duquesne

20. St. Joe's

The good news is there is talent on the way to make this team deep again. We pulled in a top ten ranking for Mid Majors in the early signing period and I doubt we are finished recruiting.

Mid Major Recruiting

Mid-major rank

1. Nevada

2. Southern Illinois

3. Xavier

4. Gonzaga

5. New Mexico

6. Memphis

7. Utah

8. Pepperdine

9. St. Louis

10. Dayton

11. Fordham

12. Florida Atlantic

13. UMass

14. George Mason

15. Harvard

16. Saint Mary's

17. Rhode Island

18. UTEP

19. Duquesne

20. St. Joe's

Great news, but we are only 6 spots ahead of Harvard????? Honestly, I was more pumped about being in the "others receiving votes" section of the nationally ranked classes.

Guest BillikenReport

Great news, but we are only 6 spots ahead of Harvard????? Honestly, I was more pumped about being in the "others receiving votes" section of the nationally ranked classes.

Tommy Amaker has done a good job recruiting at Harvard so far. He's getting kids that Harvard would not have gotten in the past.

Guest BillikenReport

As far as SLU's recruiting class and rankings are concerned, the Billikens have the second-best class in the A-10 behind Xavier.

Xavier's class gets higher marks because C Kenny Frease is a top 100 player.

I heard again recently that SLU is trying to sign "at least" seven guys in this '08 recruiting class. There are some interesting names still out there.

Unless SLU starts signing some top 100 guys, which is possible but not necessarily RM's goal, you probably won't see the Billikens in any top 25 recruiting lists. But you'll start seeing them near the top of the A-10 standings and competing for NCAA tournament berths.

So I wouldn't worry too much about recruiting rankings.

Mid Major Recruiting

Mid-major rank

1. Nevada

2. Southern Illinois

3. Xavier

4. Gonzaga

5. New Mexico

6. Memphis

7. Utah

8. Pepperdine

9. St. Louis

10. Dayton

11. Fordham

12. Florida Atlantic

13. UMass

14. George Mason

15. Harvard

16. Saint Mary's

17. Rhode Island

18. UTEP

19. Duquesne

20. St. Joe's

I know it's a start but I hope our goal is to be better than top 10 on the mid major recruiting. I would expect to be ranked top 5 or higher with Majerus.

there are publications that are listing us in the top 25 for next year. additionally, i've seen kwamain mitchell as high as 50 - better than scott suggs.

As far as SLU's recruiting class and rankings are concerned, the Billikens have the second-best class in the A-10 behind Xavier.

Xavier's class gets higher marks because C Kenny Frease is a top 100 player.

I heard again recently that SLU is trying to sign "at least" seven guys in this '08 recruiting class. There are some interesting names still out there.

Unless SLU starts signing some top 100 guys, which is possible but not necessarily RM's goal, you probably won't see the Billikens in any top 25 recruiting lists. But you'll start seeing them near the top of the A-10 standings and competing for NCAA tournament berths.

So I wouldn't worry too much about recruiting rankings.

Mid Major Recruiting

Mid-major rank

1. Nevada

2. Southern Illinois

3. Xavier

4. Gonzaga

5. New Mexico

6. Memphis

7. Utah

8. Pepperdine

9. St. Louis

10. Dayton

11. Fordham

12. Florida Atlantic

13. UMass

14. George Mason

15. Harvard

16. Saint Mary's

17. Rhode Island

18. UTEP

19. Duquesne

20. St. Joe's

Welcome back OJ.

Guest BillikenReport

there are publications that are listing us in the top 25 for next year. additionally, i've seen kwamain mitchell as high as 50 - better than scott suggs.

Please share.

Mid Major Recruiting

Mid-major rank

1. Nevada

2. Southern Illinois

3. Xavier

4. Gonzaga

5. New Mexico

6. Memphis

7. Utah

8. Pepperdine

9. St. Louis

10. Dayton

11. Fordham

12. Florida Atlantic

13. UMass

14. George Mason

15. Harvard

16. Saint Mary's

17. Rhode Island

18. UTEP

19. Duquesne

20. St. Joe's

It's not bad, but being #9 among mid-majors is kind of like being Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles.

Unless SLU starts signing some top 100 guys, which is possible but not necessarily RM's goal, you probably won't see the Billikens in any top 25 recruiting lists.

Nate, I have given up on understanding the recruiting rankings. This summer, around the time Brett Thompson commited to SLU, he was listed as a four-star recruit in the top 100 on Scout.com and/or Rivals.com (as high as the 70's in one of the two). I don't believe that his game has regressed since then, so why is he no longer considered a top 100 recruit?

Guest BillikenReport

Nate, I have given up on understanding the recruiting rankings. This summer, around the time Brett Thompson commited to SLU, he was listed as a four-star recruit in the top 100 on Scout.com and/or Rivals.com (as high as the 70's in one of the two). I don't believe that his game has regressed since then, so why is he no longer considered a top 100 recruit?

A lot of people thought Thompson didn't have a very good summer with the Illinois Warriors, so his ranking dropped.

Kwamain Mitchell had a good summer so his ranking improved.

Anthony Booker (Southern Illinois signee) had a great July so his ranking skyrocketed, from unranked to top 50.

- Nate

There is a pretty good article about Brett on the main page. Sounds like he is really working his tail off to get better. Nate, is AAU summer ball really suited for Brett? Im under the impression that he is better in the halfcourt sets as opposed to the run and gun type game.

Guest BillikenReport

There is a pretty good article about Brett on the main page. Sounds like he is really working his tail off to get better. Nate, is AAU summer ball really suited for Brett? Im under the impression that he is better in the halfcourt sets as opposed to the run and gun type game.

I've heard from various area people that Thompson made a mistake playing with the Illinois Warriors instead of the St. Louis Eagles for his final summer of AAU basketball. Of course, most of those people were from the Eagles, so take that for what it's worth.

I heard he didn't play that much with the Warriors. I don't know if that's the case or not.

From reading that article Thompson admitted that he gained some weight. If he wasn't in top physical condition this summer, that could have contributed to his not playing more and/or not looking good at the various evaluation tournaments.

Thompson sounds like he'll be a really nice player in SLU's system under Majerus. I think he and Willie Reed will really work well together because they have different kinds of games and make each other a lot better.

- Nate

I'm also thinking we are forgetting to thank him for creating Kelly LeBrock...........(thank you Sam Walton, keep those $4.50 dvds coming)

Posted Image

"Dude, look at what we made with my Tandy 9000®!"

Posted Image

"Dude, look what we made with our Dell Dimension 84000®!"

Posted Image

"Dude, look what I made in shop class!"

Posted Image

"No, dude, look what I made in shop class!"

Posted Image

"That kid used to beat the sh*t out of me in shop cl- I mean kindahgahten."