2 questions

Cowboy

-arena question...will Laclede St be re-opened to run right next to the bldg?

-a lot of hopes are that BE is going to contribute big things this year (mine included) but looking back, was it just under UB that jc's had a tough junior year at SLU? i remember love and jeffers making a difference, was that in their jr yrs? if BE struggles, we could be have some tough spots

If you're thinking of vas'shan (spelling?) newborne fiasco I don't think that will happen for several reasons

1) Eberhardt is bigger (stronger, taller) and not as out of shape

2)BE has a certain swagger about him that makes me think he will believe in himself

3) BE has RM monitoring him

4) BE has much better post moves

-a lot of hopes are that BE is going to contribute big things this year (mine included) but looking back, was it just under UB that jc's had a tough junior year at SLU? i remember love and jeffers making a difference, was that in their jr yrs? if BE struggles, we could be have some tough spots

I think they are opening up Laclede.

We need a Billikens Park like they are opening around the new Busch. Weren't they looking at developing some more shops at Laclede Station? We need a place over there that could have some type of Beer Garden Atmosphere prior to the games. Would be nice to have everyone hanging out in our Billiken sweaters sippin' some AB or Schlafly products. Maybe they could open up the Tap Room II.

I am thinking that as an out of towner non-season ticket holder that I will take the day off of work when the single game tix go on sale for the new Arena. I gotta' be there. I plan on making it an event. Probably start celebrating very early at the Sigma Chi House with some other alumns/current students work my way to Humphrey's then outside the Arena to meet up w/ my fellow Billikenboard Posters, search out the Brick BoxandWon, Chicago Bill and I helped to buy and then take in the majesty of the Chaifetz and watch a win! Who is with me?

On the original question: I don't think you can generalize all JUCOs some do well Frericks, Kenny Brown some don't Newborne. So far looks like Scary Barry E will do well. He has to he is all we got besides AK. If Majerus can say, "I didn't even have to use my AK" then damn right today was a good day. Just to paraphrase, Major Majerus aka Unca Soderberger's favorite rap artist Ice Cube.

Both Jeffers and Love had a great senior year. Love was a big part on making the "Miracle in Memphis". I maybe mistaken but I think Love was hurt a good part of his junior year. Jeffers was all-cusa his senior year. That largely due to his fantastic high flying drives to the basket that either resulted in a basket or a trip to the free throw line (which killed a highly ranked Louisville team in Louisville).

I am thinking that as an out of towner non-season ticket holder that I will take the day off of work when the single game tix go on sale for the new Arena. I gotta' be there. I plan on making it an event. Probably start celebrating very early at the Sigma Chi House with some other alumns/current students work my way to Humphrey's then outside the Arena to meet up w/ my fellow Billikenboard Posters, search out the Brick BoxandWon, Chicago Bill and I helped to buy and then take in the majesty of the Chaifetz and watch a win! Who is with me?

That sounds like an excellent idea. I hope the Sigs get a little more excited about Billiken Hoops once the games are played just a short walk from the house.

BTW, you should take a drive down Locust Street (start behind Vito's and head east) - there is a lot of development activity going on around there. Several new bars/restaurants will be opening soon. If the momentum continues it could be to SLU what The Loop is to Wash. U., albeit on a smaller basis.

Is Scott Joplin part of Wu Tang Clan?

I do need to check out that part of town I haven't seen the new development. We could meet up at The Best Steak House (I know the owner, this short Greek dude) and eat a gyro plate or steak sandwich and then tail-gate.

I'm thinking those single game tix for the first game in the new arena will go quick so I want to be able to buy them ASAP.

No - I am about 95% certain that it is being paved into a pedestrian path akin to the West Pine Mall. In fact, if you look at the latest webcam I think they have begun constructing the walkway. I don't know what they are doing the street part of Laclede during the first block east of Grand.

I do need to check out that part of town I haven't seen the new development. We could meet up at The Best Steak House (I know the owner, this short Greek dude) and eat a gyro plate or steak sandwich and then tail-gate.

I'm thinking those single game tix for the first game in the new arena will go quick so I want to be able to buy them ASAP.

Best Burger w/Cheese!

Both Jeffers and Love had a great senior year. Love was a big part on making the "Miracle in Memphis". I maybe mistaken but I think Love was hurt a good part of his junior year. Jeffers was all-cusa his senior year. That largely due to his fantastic high flying drives to the basket that either resulted in a basket or a trip to the free throw line (which killed a highly ranked Louisville team in Louisville).

Correct about Love Tarheel. He hurt his back and couldn't play the first half of his junior year. It was a big disapointment to him & his family since Spoon brought the Bills out to play USF on their way to Hawaii for a holiday tournament and he couldn't play in front of friends & family. His Dad made many trips to see him play and was often shown in his hard hat cheering the Billikens. His Dad told me he loved the SLU experience even though Justin did not get to play with Larry Legend like he thought would happen. He also played for Coach Romar instead of Spoon his senior year.

The moral of the story is be flexible and go with the flow in life.

I believe the school announced some time ago, that there will be 250 seats made available for families the day of the game. Assuming the rest of the place is sold out with season ticketholders, which is their expectations, there aren't going to be any other single tickets available .