Bills and TV

Westy03

I was listening to Bernie on the way home yesterday and Andy Strickland was reporting that the Billikens will have 3 ESPN games, 3 CSTV games and that SLU is in negotiations with KSDK and KPLR to pick up in between 10 to 15 games. Just thought I would pass that along.

I agree. It really didnt make much sense that the WB picked up home games last year. If you are only going to pick up a few games a year it would be smart to make sure that they are away games. You would think that it would generate more viewers.

Edit* Although the Mardi Gras game last year came in handy.

I was listening to Bernie on the way home yesterday and Andy Strickland was reporting that the Billikens will have 3 ESPN games, 3 CSTV games and that SLU is in negotiations with KSDK and KPLR to pick up in between 10 to 15 games. Just thought I would pass that along.

That's awesome. So, I'll be able to see at least 6 SLU broadcasted games. I hope we actually get to make an appearance on the main ESPN network.

Are the Espn games regional or national? I would love to watch a game. It has been over two years since I have seen a game.

Strickland made it sound that it would be national either ESPN or ESPN2. I bet two of them will be the saturday games they show in the morning. Most of those games are smaller schools on the east coast. It would be awesome if we got a primetime slot on ESPN. Last year against St. Blows the game was primetime but on ESPN2

Strickland made it sound that it would be national either ESPN or ESPN2. I bet two of them will be the saturday games they show in the morning. Most of those games are smaller schools on the east coast. It would be awesome if we got a primetime slot on ESPN. Last year against St. Blows the game was primetime but on ESPN2

I guess this means I don't need to switch from Charter to Direct TV?

I guess this means I don't need to switch from Charter to Direct TV?

Maybe since all the games won't be aired by Charter exclusively, you should switch anyways. Charter is the worst company and I personally only subscribed to their service because of the SLU games on CCIN.

DirectTV is the only way to go. You get CSTV plus if you order the Sports Pack for the basketball season you can get FSN-Ohio for when the Bills play X and ESPNU. When the season is over you cancel the sports pack till the following season. I don't think you get these channels or options with Charter.

other than the fact that i can watch a different channel on every tv in my house without additional costs, there is no advantage to charter.

when satellite figures that dilemna out with out making me buy additional receivers adn amplifiers, i will switch in a second.

other than the fact that i can watch a different channel on every tv in my house without additional costs, there is no advantage to charter.

when satellite figures that dilemna out with out making me buy additional receivers adn amplifiers, i will switch in a second.

That is the issue I have (multiple receivers). My wife tolerates my Billiken obsession but she likes the fact she can watch something else on another TV when a game is on. I wish Linda Bruno would get her $hit together!

the longer it goes on, the more i suspect that linda bruno isnt alone in her inept ways. i suspect that there is a huge gap in caring where the conference is at and been and going between the athletic directors/presidents of the fellow schools.

no way that a majority of the programs would have allowed her to continue to bungle all this stuff unless the majority of the programs just dont care. therein probably lies the bigger problem.

Directv provides upto 3 or 4 receivers for free. The only charge is $4.95 per month extra for more than one receiver. There is no comparison to Directv and Charter.

You do not have to watch the same thing on each TV. They can each watch separate, in fact I frequently split the screen and watch more than one thing on my big screen.

the longer it goes on, the more i suspect that linda bruno isnt alone in her inept ways. i suspect that there is a huge gap in caring where the conference is at and been and going between the athletic directors/presidents of the fellow schools.

no way that a majority of the programs would have allowed her to continue to bungle all this stuff unless the majority of the programs just dont care. therein probably lies the bigger problem.

You might be right Roy. Maybe they just don't care. I find that hard to believe since they have to realize their respective schools will get exposure but you can't fix stupid I guess

I actually paid 6 dollars to watch a game on CSTV's website last year and it was the worst experience of my life, aside from passing that stone this morning. I can't believe that that is the only kind of tv contract our conference can get.

Any way to get someone to stream a charter game if they pick up coverage? I will look into more information about steaming online games, but I really hope that Saint Louis vs BC is on espn, because my teacher is a huge BC fan, and I really want to rub it in his face B)

For the out of town folks, will there be more than 3 CSTV games available on their internet package. I was thinking about purchasing it, but not if I can't see many Bills or Tigers games.

Hey, has anyone out there had both Direct TV and Dish Network? The service from Dish is great, as a matter of fact I like everyting about it, but I've always heard DirectTV is better for sports. Is the difference compelling enough to switch? As for Charter, when I built my house seven years ago I begged them for six weeks to put cable in my house; they never quite made it over. Mind you I built my house directly across the street from where I was living; I had cable there. What a bunch of losers.

The choice is really up to you but my advice would be directv for many reasons. Some of these being when you go on trips you can temporary suspend service and save money. Plus http://www.americasdebate.com/forums/simpl....php/t5656.html talks about how dish network almost went into bankruptcy because of losing channels such as CBS, MTV,Comedy Central. The customers who stuck with them only got 1 dollar in credit.

Moreover Directv gets NCAA march madness and other programs listed in http://www.expertsatellite.com/directv-vs-dish. However I think dish network might be a little cheaper. It really up to you though.

DirectTV is the only way to go. You get CSTV plus if you order the Sports Pack for the basketball season you can get FSN-Ohio for when the Bills play X and ESPNU. When the season is over you cancel the sports pack till the following season. I don't think you get these channels or options with Charter.

DirectTV has a great deal going on right now, I am switching from Dish to Direct. If you sign up for their premier package you basically get the NFL Sunday Ticket free for 4 months which will cover the entire season.