To ALL of those who doubted the GREAT biondi

all i have to say is.... I TOLD YOU SO......

Biondi is too smart to fire soderberg without a splashy replacement in the wake... its all about business baby, and my man fr. b knows what the deal is.. i think some of you owe him an apology.

Sincerely,

Mr. KnowitALL

p.s. how does it feel to have a coach who likes to recruit? Just wait until you see his game plan/ADJUSTMENTS... ya'll are going to cream your pants....

yea... The timing perfect. The way they handled it thru the media was so classy. Going around the AD like he did. Very very professional. They guy knows basketabll for sure.

I was one of those that was very upset about the way this was handled at the time. clearly, the pr could have been handled better but I have learned a lot about what happened since that time and the stories in the press are mostly wrong. The AD was involved but did not agree with the decision. In retrospect, this may been one of the best moves by a SLU administration in the history of Billiken basketball. The fact that Brad was such a nice guy made it all the more difficult. But Brad had his issues and the ultimate decision was that a change was needed. I respect the right of the leader of the school to make such decisions when he thinks a change will benefit the school. Clearly, this change will benefit our basketball program and I hope the fact that the pr was not handled well will not remain to be an issue.

>all i have to say is.... I TOLD YOU SO......

>

>Biondi is too smart to fire soderberg without a splashy

>replacement in the wake... its all about business baby, and

>my man fr. b knows what the deal is.. i think some of you

>owe him an apology.

>

>Sincerely,

>Mr. KnowitALL

>

>p.s. how does it feel to have a coach who likes to recruit?

>Just wait until you see his game plan/ADJUSTMENTS... ya'll

>are going to cream your pants....

Where was the great and personal Fr. Biondi's $$ and commitment to hoops in :

1987, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

20 years. Let's throw him a parade. lol.

better late than never... and, during those past years biondi was busy: closing westpine street so we didnt have cars driving through our campus, building the business school, building the bsc, building parks college, building laclede and olive parking lots, the village apartments, gries, the arena, the new research building, etc... i think it simply comes down to the fact that fr. biondi's hands have been tied down for quite a while now... and, now he finally has the flexibility to be a liberal spender for our athletics.

He's not spending the money. The new ticket plan was revised to accomodate the added costs of Majerus and his staff. The increases to the plan since RM's hiring, raise and additional amount exceeding his salary, in excess of Brad's.

It's the ticketholders that are paying for the changes. Not SLU and not the good father.

That being said, people wanted a change, so they shouldn't complain about the new ticket policy.

>better late than never... and, during those past years

>biondi was busy: closing westpine street so we didnt have

>cars driving through our campus, building the business

>school, building the bsc, building parks college, building

>laclede and olive parking lots, the village apartments,

>gries, the arena, the new research building, etc... i think

>it simply comes down to the fact that fr. biondi's hands

>have been tied down for quite a while now... and, now he

>finally has the flexibility to be a liberal spender for our

>athletics.

lol....TWENTY YEARS. Go to the the parking lots board if you want to discuss parking lots. He's been a failure for 20 years on this topic. I can take each topic individually, can you?

>>all i have to say is.... I TOLD YOU SO......

>>

>>Biondi is too smart to fire soderberg without a splashy

>>replacement in the wake... its all about business baby, and

>>my man fr. b knows what the deal is.. i think some of you

>>owe him an apology.

>>

>>Sincerely,

>>Mr. KnowitALL

>>

>>p.s. how does it feel to have a coach who likes to recruit?

>>Just wait until you see his game plan/ADJUSTMENTS... ya'll

>>are going to cream your pants....

>

>

>Where was the great and personal Fr. Biondi's $$ and

>commitment to hoops in :

>

>1987, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00,

>01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

>

>20 years. Let's throw him a parade. lol.

I wouldn't throw a parade, but there were 4 trips to the NCAA Tourney during that time for a school that had never been there before. I believe there were also two trips to the NIT finals and a brief run where the program was actually in the top 10 in the nation in attendance. While this hardly makes us an elite program, to put it in historic context, there has been improvement during Biondi's tenure. Maybe not as fast as we have wanted, but it is certainly moving in the right direction.

Fr. Biondi, good job starting a thread!

BTW, why didn't you pony up when we had Romar? Oh yea, that's right, you did - after the barn door was wide open. We had the chance to already be a player, and blew it.

Biondi has had a good run, a great one institutionally, but there also are many balls he has dropped.

About halfway through that clip it looks like there was a defensive lapse against those bags of mulch, but otherwise, they show potential...

Here's some solid prospects from Dubai (package deal) - little loose defensively at first, but towards the end of the game, they tighten up.

wahahahahaha oh man, that's good TV... if i was gonna go down, i gotta think i'd probably want to die however the exact opposite of that would play out.

man, that was gnarly. phil could really phil up the lanes at the new chaefitz parking lots.

"but there also are many balls he has dropped."

like what??? making your degree actually worth something? some of you people honestly do not understand the business sense of things. we live in a country where everything... from church, school, medical care, etc... is a business no matter how you spin it. go ahead and bash me for bringing up particular projects that fr. biondi has accomplished during his tenure at slu (esp. parking lots), but i couldnt be happier with the guy and he has done nothing to upset me during my time at slu. ok, maybe the fr. berry and fr. (i forgot his name) thing was an overreaction,.. but, in a business, you do not openly speak out against your boss, bottomline. it stinks, but it is what it is. so, go ahead and hate on fr. b and what i have to say about his accomplishments, but to be honest... if he did not fire soderberg, this message board would be filled with threads begging for particular recruits to committ to slu. it is funny to me that so many of you proclaim massive love for slu, but then turn your back on the man that has made it all happen. whatever though, i like biondi, most of you do not. just as, most of you liked soderberg, and i most definitely did not.

>"but there also are many balls he has dropped."

>

>like what??? making your degree actually worth something?

>some of you people honestly do not understand the business

>sense of things. we live in a country where everything...

>from church, school, medical care, etc... is a business no

>matter how you spin it. go ahead and bash me for bringing

>up particular projects that fr. biondi has accomplished

>during his tenure at slu (esp. parking lots), but i couldnt

>be happier with the guy and he has done nothing to upset me

>during my time at slu. ok, maybe the fr. berry and fr. (i

>forgot his name) thing was an overreaction,.. but, in a

>business, you do not openly speak out against your boss,

>bottomline. it stinks, but it is what it is. so, go ahead

>and hate on fr. b and what i have to say about his

>accomplishments, but to be honest... if he did not fire

>soderberg, this message board would be filled with threads

>begging for particular recruits to committ to slu. it is

>funny to me that so many of you proclaim massive love for

>slu, but then turn your back on the man that has made it all

>happen. whatever though, i like biondi, most of you do

>not. just as, most of you liked soderberg, and i most

>definitely did not.

Ok...I'll play along just for a minute. there are fine Presidents and leaders of many other "similar" schools to SLU who do very very good jobs. You act as if Biondi is the only one who can get some things accomplished and is therefore untouchable.

Nobody does it.

But take a visit to all of those other places and see and hear what those people do and accomplish.

It's as if Biondi is the only Presidnet or upper management person to accomplish anything at like institutions. That is far from the case.

This is a sports board. I will limit it to sports. SLU's athletic dept for past 20 years speaks volumes of his failures in collegiate athletics and everything it takes to succeed in that area. Do I need to get more specific? Budgets, fund raising, staff quantity, staff quality, facilities, people skills, has helped continue and create long term problems that will not be solved overnight.