If you havn't been by the Fetz lately or checked out

THAT ... is a beautiful site! This, Majerus, names like Brandenburg, Thompson, etc. I believe the Majerus thing. I will believe the arena when its open and the November 2007 signing period. Things look so bright I got to wear shades ... but still practice Billiken self-flaggelation and self-multilation. Kind of like that albino monk in Opus Dei/The DaVinci Code.

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

I walked up to it today, at least the gate. I was intimidated by the penalties of trespassing, so I just walked the fence line. The webcam is the best way to keep track.

no doubt, is there still a parking problem on campus (not that a garage there would do a whole lot as seems too far from most stuff)

i don't recall there being any establishments near by, are there any?

although there will be a Billiken Club in the Arena, i think

Speak for yourself PT. Where has all the loyalty gone? Humphrey's (Jan) has been one of the biggest SLU athletic supporters for years. Surely even we altercockers can walk a few blocks for a pre/post game brewski. Shame on Nark for forgetting his roots. :+

The fact that there was an "albino" monk involved and playing somewhat over the top was played out in the media along with a couple of other politically incorrect issues with the book, the film, the author, and plagerism. Understand that the whole character caused outcries amongst a number of groups .... albinos, Opus Dei, Roman Catholics, the French, you name it ......

If the facts are upsetting, so be it. But they are what they are. I still think this is all out of hand anyway. Like the time the DC mayor's staffer got fired for describing the fiscal actions in DC as "niggardly." Such racially-inflamed talk!!!!!!

The money bridge club was the true home of the altercockers...until most of them died and it closed. They were all fun and taught me many words I can't use in polite company...but then I don't spend much time in polite company...

Between 8 and 10 bars, clubs and restaurants are now either open or under construction in the "Locust Business District," which runs along Olive/Lindell and Locust immediately north of the existing edge-of-campus garage. Rumors abound that the U. is either going to build or subsidize building of another garage north of Olive in the immediate vicinity.

A few-block walk will keep all the altecockerim in as good shape as our Unca.

A few block walk will not get the altecockerim into the shape I'm in...maybe a few miles daily. As the most high profile food guy in SL, why don't you invite RM to dinner at Riddle's - my favorite restaurant. RM and Andy will bond immediately, being of similar body styles and sharing a love of good food. I'll bring the red wine...

Joe, do you know whether Grand Center/the City/SLU is improving the infrastrcture in that area to improve the lighting and appearance and to address safety concerns? I have always thought that area had a lot of potential, but it was the kind of area where you made sure to keep your wits and travel in groups.

>Grand Center/the City/SLU

None of the above (although I've heard SLU is helping). There's a group in the area called, I think, the Locust Business District, and they seem to be succeeding in good non-central-planning format where the Union of Soviet Grand Center Republics has failed lo these many years.

And a developer - Integration - has been rehabbing many of the old auto showrooms and other retail buildings in the area. The loft district is slowly starting to creep west from downtown, and in a matter of years it will probably meet up with the development taking place in midtown.