Nothing CONFIRMED YET

Admin

I don't trust that poster. I felt a few days ago if we didn't know by Monday or Tuesday it wouldn't happen. Now I don't know because we haven't heard about anyone else at all. We haven't heard about interviews or meetings with other candidates. I think something like that would have leaked. Maybe they are just in a holding pattern while Rick really thinks hard about it and they feel it will happen but he is holding out. I'm hoping it comes true this suspense is tough.

Let me just start by saying that I have no inside information. I am just throwing this out there.

I'm pretty sure that Brad was hired with a relatively sudden announcement five years ago. As I remember it, on Thursday night of that week I was visiting SLU as a high school senior so I could decide whether or not I wanted to live on campus. While I was there, I happened to catch an update on the Midwest Sports Report(Fox Sports Midwest) on the coaching search. The update said nothing about an announcement forthcoming, and there didn't appear to be a real frontrunner between Brad or Brian Gregory. The next day, I returned home early in the afternoon to see on here that SLU was having a press conference in a few hours to announce the new coach.

As a result of what I remember from 5 years ago, Biondi could pull the trigger on a press conference quickly when a deal is made, or choose to make a big deal about it and have a celebration (band and cheerleaders included). I just hope that if/whenever it happens, Biondi has learned how to correctly pronounce the new coach's name.

Wonder which one stays? But Tdell's probably got the inside track on the situation. It makes sense that an AC would stay. First, the players know him and said, if he goes I'm outta here. Second, the AC is the guy talking to the people UB was recruiting and telling them, hey wait until this RM thing plays out. You may be playing for one of the best coaches in college hoops.