Recruits

So, let's make a HUGE assumption here...and that is we sign Majerus in the next few days. Where do you think that leaves us with this recruiting class? We still need to get guys in here. Does Majerus have any recruits with him? I would find that very hard to believe. The coaching carousel was all but over. He's been with ESPN for years. Doubt he's been out there recruiting. I think he may be able to seal the deal with some of the guys we're currently recruiting (Grineskas, Eberhardt, etc). There just really isn't much talent left out there. Or maybe Jai Lucas is waiting to see if RM coaches this year. :)

You get Jai Lucas, you also get that PF from WV that KY's after. He played with Mayo. I read in SI they're going as a package deal. You don't think RM and John Lucas paths' haven't crossed a couple of times over the years? Pass the RM kool aid, I'm getting light headed.

Mike DeCourcy opined yesterday that the chances of us signing any major contributors for next year after dismissing our coach in the midst of the signing period is practically nil. He said that even if Majerus came onboard today that ship has already sailed. I hope he's wrong but fear he's right. Huggins spent the whole year he was off recruiting so his situation isn't comparable to this one.

TDell said the word is that RM already has his staff put together. If the man has put in that amount of preparation to be ready to accept a HC job, it is reasonable to assume he (or others on his behalf) probably has done some recruiting. Is it so late that whatever recruits RM had stashed have already wandered off? I can see a euro or two still floating around. Then there is always a late qualifier who pops up. If Rick signs today or tomorrow, I'm on the Koolaid till further notice ... santa claus opens up the bag dropping a few presents into West Pine in the next week or two.

> word on the street was that he has a foreign player in tow

>and another player who is supposed to be returning from a

>mission. i have no idea who those players are. i imagine at

>least one of these players is a big, but who knows.

>

>bad boyz for life

I assume that the "he" refers to Majerus? So despite the sky-is-falling recruiting scenarios Brad's firing has allegedly created, Majerus will bring two mystery recruits with him? Biondi is looking brighter and brighter by the minute.