Renamed: This poster's rant against Majerus

Slumn1

Why is everyone so excited about RM. Are we that desperate?

Facts:

We have a link to NCAA violations.

We have an admitted health issue.

We have an ex-coach who throws his name in repeatedly and then pulls it out, once even after taking the job, USC.

We have a coach with a seriously ill mother that he does care about.

We have a coach that uses language that doesn't need to be used when addressing his players. Don't tell me other coach's do it. If you feel it is the right thing to do, swear at your kids when they do something wrong, or your wife and see how it builds up your relationship.

We have a coach that has been out of the business for 3 years. How many high school kids really know his reputation?

We have a man that if he comes back to coach, is probably a short-timer and every other coach will ask recruits one simple question, "Do you want to play for a coach that will probably not be there to see you use up your elegibility?"

Again why the excitement over RM. Some must be so desperate that they can't see the forest for the trees.

hey no argument that father biondi has tossed us in a precarious position with his ill timed firing.

but majerous appears to be the best available for the price needed to pay to get a replacement that carries immediate credibility.

if he indeed does not come to st louis you are correct, i assume we then officially become desparate and mired in deep water with no ability to swim.

Read the article on the NCAA violations. While he should have been careful the intent was not to cheat. Those past violations will not affect SLU when he is here.

I don't like the heatlh situation but I am willing to chance it. If his doctor clears him it is good enough for me.

Even he doesn't take the job, he doesn't take the job. I'd rather him flirt with us and us have a chance on getting him then not going after him period.

His mother is ill. Nothing can change that. He's a 50 minute flight from her if he needs to be. His mother may want him doing what he loves. We don't know the whole situation.

I can't speak to the language thing as I've never seen it.

Many kids know his reputation and just about all of their parents will. He's been on ESPN something most athletes watch. His resume will be presented to all kids and it speaks for itself.

As far as a short timer. If he can elevate the program in a couple of years then so be it. Bringing him in alone sets the bar higher. It might put SLU's name out there and a job that before, a high profile coach would never consider, may now consider. Many coaches may not hesitate to take over a RM team.

Also, in my opinion what better way to get commitment from Biondi then shooting this high now. If RM leaves certainly Biondi and boosters won't take 4 steps back to get a coach especially if in the few years here it proved to be financially rewarding.

Also, RM will only come if he gets to bring in pretty high paid assistants. Again, this shows me a high level of commitment. Another coach brought in may not get to negotiate that. RM plus good assistants can only make us that much better.

"We have a coach that uses language that doesn't need to be used when addressing his players. Don't tell me other coach's do it. If you feel it is the right thing to do, swear at your kids when they do something wrong, or your wife and see how it builds up your relationship."

LOL...are you serious? We're talking about grown men here. 18+. Some of these guys have kids. Some get married. They are seen out at the bars getting hammered. And you're gonna say we don't need a coach who cusses. Give me a break dude. Welcome to the real world.

18 year old kids are not grown men! Yes, some of these kids have kids, doesn't make it right. Would you like to grow up as one of their kids-you know, broken home, broke, etc. Yup they drink.

How does any of what you said justify a coach that swears and degrades players?

If your kid says my friends are doing it, (whatever it is, drugs alcohol, sex, etc) will that make it right in your eyes.

It's part of the game, man. It's swearing. It's not doing drugs. It's not having sex. It's not underage drinking. It's swearing. Go to your kids playground. Guys start using that kind of language around 12 years old. I did it. My friends did it. Everybody i know did it. I turned out pretty darn good. These are words. I don't see people saying Rick goes on a 20 minute tirade of cuss words trying to degrade his kids.

No, if my 20 year old son was being coached by Rick Majerus and he said "Get your a$$ on the line and run some effing sprints", that would be quite alright with me.

moytoy, i do not think that whatever deal is assumed with majerus would role to anyone else. i.e. a majerus level asst wouldnt go to a high asst head coach hire.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...12/ai_n16175174

Here's a kid who grew up in a tough environment in South L.A. He graduated with a double major and made the honor roll. He did not want to attend the above mentioned University in the attached article out of high school. One man convinced him and his mother to do it. Seems like a good kid to me. And it also appears he seems a little pleased with his choice.