Majerus

slu72

Brings up a good point that i meant to bring up a couple of days ago, what is the contractual situation between RM and ESPN? What are the hurdles there, if any?

i doubt there would be some confidentiality provision that prevents ESPN from speaking about RM's potential job prospects, but maybe they are doing that out of professional courtesy.

The other thing is, if and until something is signed between SLU and RM, i doubt this is really a story of import to those national sites.

on every rumor started by a local radio hosts the site would post about 1,000 rumor articles a day. Add into it that SLU isn't exactly a national story, there is no reason for them to post anything until something actually happens.

I'm as excited as anyone about the prospect but lets be clear: at this point the only one saying anything is Frank Cusumano (maybe you can count McGraw but he's got no SLU inside scoop). Frank is a good guy and a huge Billiken fan but he's not Mr. Reliable. If every recruit Frank thought was coming to SLU actually came we'd be a consistent top 10 team.

Other published reports from Bernie and TT suggest nothing has really happened yet with Majerus.

I'm not trying to argue against Frank, but the national media will only get interested when there is much more proof, and well before that you'll start to hear things from Bernie and TT. When those two start to agree with Frank, then we have something.

I think the silence on Majerus nationally is a tip that nothing is happening.

Also, someone posted that Majerus was on campus today/RIGHT NOW!

Has anyone actually seen our fine visitor? I have serious doubts about that story . . . . almost as serious as the doubts I have about Majerus even sniffing in our general direction.

For the umpteenth time this week, I hope I am wrong. but i believe we are probably just giving the administration way too much credit on this one.

ps -- I have never seen so much false information--rather intentional or unintentional--on this board than over the past 3 days. It is really getting hard to keep the names straight but just remember this -- don't believe everything you hear. . . . (my grandma, bless her soul, told me that)

Hopefully, they are in a smoke filled room reeking of stale pizza and left over toasted raviolis banging out the details of his contract. Doctor B, why are you so skeptical of Frank Cusamano? He said he got all his facts straight from RM himself. You think he's delusional or just a pathalogical liar? Or could it be he's writing a Sports Illustrated story similar to the one about that pitcher the Mets picked up from the Dali Llama back in '84?

He also quoted RM ... something like he was impressed with the way Tommie and Kevin seemed to feed off one another. Seems like alot to just make up. And what would Frank have to gain by just making something up. He has no history of that sort of thing either.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

It was funny, i think one of the last caller's of a segment said something to the effect: you guys have the scoop, go ahead and break the story. To which Rammer replied that he knew nothing and Frank, i believe, stated that he didn't know if it was going to get done.

That was stupid. He did break the story with his comments. What more was he going to break. He doesn't know if the deal will get done, how would he.

It is not so much Frank C. I am doubting -- I am not calling him anything. He says he got it from the horse's mouth --which horse?

anyway I do not think Frank said Majerus was on campus today.

I really really doubt if he was here today -- somebody would have seen him.

And with all due respect to Frank or whomever is responsible for this tempest in a teapot -- I really doubt that this could possibly get done, with RM.

Again (again!) -- hope I am wrong. When they announce RM as our new coach, you can all call me names, or something else reasonable.

(The phenomenon of this board and ones like it is truly a fascinating thing to wtch!)

RM has said that he does not speak to the media about any job he might be considering. Since he follows that mums the word approach then there will not be any reporting of it. Will he come - who knows but every journey always starts with the first step towards the destination.

cheesman said:

" RM has said that he does not speak to the media about any job he might be considering."

I was not aware of that and am even more confused: if the above is true how did Cusamano get the info? Frank, I don't think (I don't listen for 3 hours), ever said he talked to Majerus. He did say he got it from "the horses mouth," which certainly would imply Majerus in the context of Frank's comments.

Frank has been the lead on this, Rammer was putting a little space between himself and the certitude of Cusamano early in this Friday mornings show.

I agree with DoctorB (again), this board has been amazing to watch.

Rammer was playing the devil's advocate with Frank. He was doubting any of this was true or actually going on, and seemed skeptical of why RM would come to SLU. As for the horses mouth, I think someone here posted that Frank said he actually talked to RM.

He did. He even went on to quote what RM said regarding Tommie and Kevin. I absolutely believe that Frank talked to RM and is reporting acurate info. Whether the deal gets done or not is up to Biondi. Frank also said The money for RM is not the big issue. It is the complete package ... mostly the ability to bring on top notch assts.

At first I was against RM as a coach, but the more I look at it, if we could bring in the next coach as an asst. RM knows the game and will utilize our current roster better. I would expect all players, plus the recruits to stay. He also brings credibiliy and national recognition. Biondi needs to get this done and quickly. Every day we wait reduces our chances of adding to this years class.

Somewhere below in the myriad of posts, Skip, I posted a recent story about Bobby Cremmins at College of Charleston. Briefly, he landed a big time JUCO player who had MD, NCS, and other BCS'er going for his services. This guy CALLS Cremmins and asks if he'd be interested in a meeting. He verbals at the meeting. I think this type of situation might happen if RM comes here.

My source of info about RM not talking about his consideration of jobs was from the guy on KFNS 1:00pm -3:00pm time slot. He called RM and talked to him during the show and RM told him that he does not discuss jobs with the media. Now how Frank is getting the info I don't know other than I know he has had some in with RM for sometime.

>>Now how Frank is getting the info I don't know other than I know he has had some in with RM for sometime.<<

Trey Wingo perhaps? Wingo left Ch. 5 in STL to go to ESPN in 1997. Frank (DeSmet class of '80) came to Ch. 5 from, I think, from a station in Lexington, KY. I believe their tenures at Ch. 5 sports overlapped.