Any Peterson Chatter?

moytoy12

This is taken from the Washington Post. Does anyone else feel like if he verbals within the next few days it will be good news, but if he waits it will be bad news?

Brad needs to close this deal.

Posted at 6:35 PM ET, 03/23/2007

Peterson Visits the Arch

Not sure if DeMatha guard Jeff Peterson really did visit the Midwest landmark -- I actually went there with DeMatha's entire team back in the days of Keith Bogans and Joe Forte -- but Peterson did take an official visit to St. Louis this week.

Stags Coach Mike Jones said Peterson had planned to decide after the trip between St. Louis, Iowa and Xavier, but now Jones is unclear what's next given Steve Alford leaving Iowa for New Mexico.

Perhaps the wildest thing rumor out there: Apparently some are wondering whether Alford was recruiting Peterson to New Mexico when he was still at Iowa. I don't know if i buy that one -- but it's certainly an interesting thought.

Kids take visits to schools that arent number 1 on their list just so they know whats out there. Im not saying we arent in the running. I was just reading between the lines on what the coach said a little bit. I think Alford leaving Iowa has made his decison a lot tougher.

It is just a little bit strang to have a bunch of grown men get excited about recruit possibly coming to SLU. What is a matter with you guys wanting a recruit to come to SLU? What is a matter with you guys posting words of encouragement and saying goods things about SLU? I just find this whole thing disgusting.:)

Brad goes to meet the kid on his first day on campus and bam it is Chris Hansen, a decoy, and a camera crew. Hansen says, "Brad sit down. We need to talk about this free education you are offering in exchange for this young man's services on the basketball court." This Tuesday night on Dateline it is "To Catch a Recruiter".

>It is just a little bit strang to have a bunch of grown men

>get excited about recruit possibly coming to SLU. What is a

>matter with you guys wanting a recruit to come to SLU? What

>is a matter with you guys posting words of encouragement and

>saying goods things about SLU? I just find this whole thing

>disgusting.:)

There is a difference between asking how a recruit's visit went and writing said recruit love letters on a fan message board. One is normal, the other is creepy. If you can't distinguish the difference guess which one that makes you?

I know the difference. Nobody posted anything approaching love letter level. People were just welcoming him and posting some of the things the school and the area have going for it. People were just taking the chance that he may check out this board.

Your were just looking for something to ***** and argue about.