Tubby Smith going to Minnesota

Calipari is the only one I think would have a true interest. Sure the others might act like they are interested to get more money from their current school, but really wanting the job no. This job is not as attractive as everone thinks. Nobody wants to put up with all of the outside bs and the unrealistic expectations.

roy williams wasnt worshipped in kansas? and kansas to north carolina is less of a step up than florida to kentucky. when you talk about traditional powers, kentucky's flag is right there in the definition.

sorry, roy, but the KU fans were happy to see roy go. I spent a lot of time in KC in a previous job and the KU people there complained nonstop. They actually griped that he he used too many players. Imagine that, he had a bench full of all-americans and used them to wear down the opposition. Williams' problem is that he didn't win the national title at KU. That's just unforgiveable. Even though Larry Brown cheated, the KU people remember him for winning.

Part 2 of this story is that Williams turned down the UNC job the first time they offered it to him. After that KU got a new AD who did nothing but bust Roy Williams balls for a couple of years, he didn't turn down UNC the next time they came calling. I thought it was neat that Williams won the title at UNC. He seems to be a class act.

UK fans and administration wanted Tubby gone. Very simple fact was he wasn't landing enough talented classes to compete with the top 10 programs, and UK definitely sees themselves as a top 10 program. This was a good move for all involved. UK didn't fire a guy who took them to a national championship, and UM got a class act for a coach. Who replaces him is going to be fun to watch. One would think UK could have their pick of the litter, but will it be that simple? How much more $$ can they shell out for a proven successful D1 head coach? Calipari turned down NC State because he thought it would be too tough to recruit against his next door neighbors Duke and UNC, but even then NC State wasn't offering him a whole lot more than he makes at Memphis. Calamari is very well paid. The thing that might appeal to him would be the lure of the SEC vs the greatly watered down CUSA. I don't think Gillespie's going anywhere. His strength is Texas, home grown and bred. He might be a fish out of water in Lexington. Pitino? Doubt it now that UL's in the Big East. If you made a list of the the top 10 coaches in the country, you don't come up with many that are probably not satisfies with their current position and are all compensated very nicely. But Rick Barnes at TX gave NC State a hard look last year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump to KY, w/ Calipari next. Top D1 coaches is a very short list.