we should agree on

where the official viewing establishment will be for the a-10 tourney games.

this is only the 3rd tourney i have missed since 1990 so i dont know what has been done before. plus with our cocked up cstv situation it may not have been an issue before as it likely is this year.

do we know for sure what the viewing options will actually be for the games yet (i.e. satellite, or cable channels)?

Flannerys and Sports Zone seem to be the most Billiken friendly so I vote those two depending on the tv package. I say flannerys just for the fact its a bit smaller and it will be a better place to watch, plus I live downtown

Well I finally broke down and I am having Direct TV installed tomorrow. I seem to recall someone mentioning that some of the games may be on Direct TV. In any case, I will be able to see some of the Big Dance.

As to the other crap on the board...it would be nice to cut the crap and move on the other things like Billiken basketball...novel idea...huh!!!

>Well I finally broke down and I am having Direct TV

>installed tomorrow. I seem to recall someone mentioning that

>some of the games may be on Direct TV. In any case, I will

>be able to see some of the Big Dance.

>

>As to the other crap on the board...it would be nice to cut

>the crap and move on the other things like Billiken

>basketball...novel idea...huh!!!

For out of towners....getting SLU games....NFL games....or MLB Cardinal games.....Directv is the only place that carries all of those plus the college hoops packages. There really is no reason to have cable anymore.

courtside/upperdeck, i said i was leaving because of the level some of the posters were attacking the billiken program and it wasnt any fun at that point. those posters are now gone. i was asked to come back, so i did. if the board dips to that level again, i would quit posting again. simple as that.

you sure worry a lot about me. your visit to the stltoday prep board just to take a shot at me was interesting as you never visit the girls basketball and softball strings there otherwise. i would think you have better things to do than try to command my posts.

Actually Roy, speaking of girls basketball, I actually posted the All State team as a courtesy here this week. Now do you know what boards I go to and what I read or don't read....I read with great interest Alameda Bob's thread on Leland Stanford etc.....I didn't post in it...but thought it was very interesting and informative. Happens all the time. Uh oh but "name dropping" the Bay area as saying it is a wonderful place is a no no here.

yesterday was the first time you ever posted in a girls basketball or girls softball thread at stltoday.com and the sole purpose of your post was to chastize my opinion on that particular string. you added nothing else to the discussion. that is a little weird.

No, actually that isn't true.

I did however read a thread started by you....which began "Now that IWA has been exposed as a pretender,".....A school that went 26-2 against plenty of national competition, and who's only other loss was a 4 poiont loss to the #1 team in Chicago, a nationally ranked team.

Yeah, I find that objective, and not trolling.

>courtside/upperdeck, i said i was leaving because of the

>level some of the posters were attacking the billiken

>program and it wasnt any fun at that point. those posters

>are now gone. i was asked to come back, so i did. if the

>board dips to that level again, i would quit posting again.

>simple as that.

So you don't think you were a big part of the problem with the board?

Certainly, my decision to switch to cable was easier because of being able to follow all of the St. Louis teams at home. It was also due to the fact that I just purchased our first big screen TV. The HD programming on Direct TV is much better here in the Tampa-St. Pete area VS Bright House cable.

If you have DirecTV, I know that all 4 of the quarterfinal games will be on FSN-Cincinnati (638) on Thursday starting at 11am. The first 2 games of the day will also be on FSN-Ohio (637). The semifinals are also FSN-Cincinnati starting at 5:30. If you have Charter, than you are probably out of luck. Thanks, Linda for this great TV package. You can't even get your tournament games on CSTV.

you see upperdeck, you have no historical perspective. if you had followed the girls basketball threads this year you would know that there are about 4 of us illinois hs fans that have been campaigning for edwardsville, belleville east and e st louis for equal billing for the top metro st louis rankings. there are about 4 missouri high school fans that have been telling us that it is only incarnate word and then the rest.

my pretender title only meant that since incarnate word had been defeated in the playoffs and edwardville was still alive that edwardsville should be the true number one metro area team.

but not knowing what the history on the ongoing debate was about, you ASSumed wrongly.

nope. i support the billiken program. and defend those that attack the program without basis. there are plenty of posters that present well thought out debate about their negative views, and those deserve to continue to post. those like the ones that are now gone attacked the posters that supported the program. i assume that is why they are gone now.

FYI...Sportzone does not get all the Fox Sports Channels.

We went there for the Xavier game and they didn't carry it. We ended up having to watch the computer simulcast that they put on one of the tv's. Pretty pathetic for a sports bar. Apparently it's not a package businesses can just get. It has to be negotiated.

Yes 638 directtv has it. $12 to add those per month if you don't have any other premium channels.

CAG

i'd be happy to host such an event for the board regs however, i am a charter guy so it wouldnt do us any good.