Conner Teahan

VTIME

Teahan Unsure of Future

Conner Teahan By Eric Bossi

Phog.net

Posted Dec 21, 2006

If you’re Conner Teahan, life is pretty good. A 6-4 senior at Kansas City (MO) Rockhurst, Teahan is one of the top basketball and football players in the city. On the basketball court he excels as a sharp shooting wing guard and on the football field he’s a strong armed quarterback with quickness.

According to Conner Teahan, he’d probably prefer to play hoops on the college level. But, the offers are just starting to trickle in for each sport and the uncertainty has only made things more confusing.

“For football, Tulsa has basically said that if I come down there that they’ll offer me a scholarship,†Teahan told Phog.Net. “Kansas said they liked my tape but I don’t really know how serious they are. Kansas State was talking like they were going to offer because they only have two quarterbacks on the roster for next year but they haven’t done it yet.â€

On the basketball side things have gotten even more interesting. After playing through an ankle injury much of the summer, he’s back at full strength and thriving as Rockhurst’s go-to guy. Kansas State boss Bob Huggins was in to watch two straight games last week, Wichita State has offered, Missouri had an assitant out recently and other schools like Tennessee and Mississippi have been expressing recent interest.

On top of that, Kansas is really pushing for him to walk on.

“I was just in Lawrence and spent time talking with the coaches,†said Teahan. “KU really wants me to walk on.â€

According to Teahan, the Kansas staff has indicated that they would also try to find him a scholarship down the road.

“They’ll try to get me a scholarshp like a year or two down the road when things open up,†said Teahan. “They tell me that they could use my shooting.â€

For now, Teahan is open to anybody who wants to take a look at him in either sport. However, he knows that he’ll have to make a decision soon enough.

So what will it be? Basketball or football?

“That’s a really tough question, I really don’t even know myself what I want to do,†said Teahan. “I feel like if I could develop my skills year round that I could play on any level in basketball. I haven’t been able to put in the

Its disapointing but SLU has never had much success recruiting in western MO or Kansas. Even with Jamall being from out there those kids have too many options with the Big 12 schools out there to consider SLU.

Seems like this kid is looking for a school. High rated two-sport prospect who everyone assumed was going to play football. Seems like the only basketballoffer is from Wichita State. Thats not too shabby. We should be able to beat them out. This kid is a 3 star player who is a great shooter and loves to play physical. He lit Vashon up last year in the semi's went for 18-20 pts in the first half.

I think you can listen with this link

http://media1.ezstream.com/ibnArchive/56809/

Yeah I just read it myself. Before I could get it out of my mouth I went searching for Teahan saw it. Why didnt Brad at least offer as badly as he needed shooters. I've mentioned this kid many times.

It would happen the very day I say something. At least I was only a couple of hours late. I just found today's article

Shay Wildeboor

JayhawkSlant.com

Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board

It didn't take long for Conner Teahan to make a decision about his future. After meeting with the Kansas coaching staff on Saturday night, the 6-foot-4, 177-pound shooting guard from Rockhurst High School in Kansas City, Mo., saw his dream become a reality last night, as he has decided to play college basketball for Bill Self and the Jayhawks. Jayhawk Slant is here to provide you with the latest update on Teahan.

Teahan is headed to KU to play for Self and the Hawks

"Yes, my son has decided to attend the University of Kansas and play basketball for the Kansas Jayhawks," said Mark Teahan, Conner's father. "We met with the Kansas coaching staff last night and spent quite a bit of time talking with them. Pretty much the entire coaching staff was there, so it was a great time for us to talk.

"We talked in Coach Self's office and Conner knew that he wanted to play for Kansas," he added. "He's going to get the opportunity to do that. He had a lot of schools interested in him for football and basketball, but Conner always wanted to play basketball for Kansas. He loves Kansas and has decided to be a Jayhawk. This is really a dream come true for Conner."

Now that Teahan's dream of playing for the Kansas Jayhawks has become a reality, he can focus-in on delivering a State Championship to the Rockhurst High School. Up next for Rockhurst is a showdown against Raytown High School in Wednesday night.

"We won our district and had a really good year," said Teahan. "We play Raytown High School on Wednesday night at 6:30. The game is going to be played at William Jewel on Wednesday night.

"Conners's averaged about 20-points per game this year and a high number of rebounds," he added. He's been averaging about 30-points in his last three or four games. Conner's really had a good year and we are looking forward to the rest of the season."

you have no idea if Brad offered or not.

Its quite possible that Brad gave him a call, measured his interest and the kid said I want to stay real close to home so I'm focusing on Wichita St. and the local Big 12 schools. Why would SLU offer at that point or even continue to recruit him?

not to mention, who knows if Brad called the kid, the kid nicely says, "thanks, but I've already got an offer from Wichita St. which is near my home so I really don't have any interest in SLU" at which point V thinks we should offer him a scholarship??? If the interest isn't there from the recruit then there is no reason to make an offer.

Is Wichita State really much closer to KC than Saint Louis? I can see your point. Wichita State was a tournament team last year. I guess he was holding out for Kansas. I still dont see how offering hurts. If anything, you'll be on the kids mind. What's the worst that could happen, a commitment?

on whether a website says we have formerly offered or not.

This goes for just about any player but there are millions of variations of offers. If Brad calls up player A and says SLU is interested but the kid says he's not interested then there is absolutely not reason to offer but if the kid had said he's very interested Brad may have offered immediately. Who knows.

Why not blame the SLU coaches for not offering Oden or Durant? I mean what would it have hurt for us to offer?

who gives a f...

There are 300 playersgood enough to play D1 for SLU why doesn't Brad just type up a formal form letter with an offer to all of them

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Why someone would agree to walk-on to KU is beyond me, if it's just about the athletics. Eckerle walking on here makes a lot more sense, because he's guaranteed a free ride anyways, his cousin goes here, more prestigious academics, etc.

What's to say KU won't land some killer recruits and tell him "tough $h!t", "you're up $h!t creek w/out a paddle", "p!$$ up a rope", "take a hike", "cry me a river", "tough t!tt!e", "take off, hoser" (strange brew), "better luck next year" (happy gilmore), "too bad, so sad", or plain old "get lost, hippy"?

Sounds like he might have had scholarship offers from several real fine schools, unless he has family tradition at KU, I just don't get it. Oh well, I'm not losing sleep over it, I never heard of him until it didn't matter anyways.