Torres Roundtree to SIU

SIUSalukis

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this someone we offered and isn't he supposed to be the best on the team Femi John plays on? Is this another one UB let slide through his net. Someone whose going to give us fits two years down the road. Someone who will join Blake Ahern and Shaw on the all time Billiken.com greatest not playing for the Bill team?

I never should have brought up BA, so sorry. Please, the intention was not to rehash the BA non recruitment. It was an honest sincere question, are we going to regret not recruiting or if we did, missing out on Torres Roundtree? That's all. Really nothing to do with Blake Freaking Ahern.

I said he never killed us. I was wrong he got for 21 back in 2003. He got us for nothing this year.

I have also said, in the past this team could use Ahearn and so could have the teams in the past. I am just sick of hearing about him. Players like Shaw and Brooks would have helped SLU far more in the past and presently than Ahearn. Tamarr Maclin would have helped us two years ago more than Blake would have ever had.

Can you just give a verbal at any time? I thought there were only certain times you could do that...or is that just the actual signing? Also, I'd wait to see it in the paper or on the radio before taking a whole lot of stock in it. We've seen some false information on those recruiting sites over the years.

what makes you think that all slu had to do was offer roundtree and he would come running? we werent good enough for his big brother, so why would we be good enough for him?

i hope he enjoys his time in carbondale. when times get slow he can always drive to marion or murphysboro they have some nice country bars. and i think there are more walmarts in a 50 mile radius of carbondale than there is in the metro st louis area. so he has that going for him. i am sure his parents will enjoy that drive down route 13. always a good pee stop in coulterville.

i tend to agree with brian. i have seen ahearn vs slu a couple of times now and he has been insignificant plus he has done nothing in the last couple of mvc tourneys.

a player can "verbal" anytime. a signing is defined by official signing periods.

a verbal technically means nothing more than a players intention at that time. it is more PR than anything and the likes of sampson or huggins have proven that.

i thought the siu arena has some of the most comfortable wooden bleachers i have sat on in a long time. of course most of the high school gyms i have been to as of late dont even have wooden bleachers anymore, so i havent really sat on a comfortable wooden bleacher in a long time either.

I love how everyone is ripping on SIU's FACILITIES. Weren't a number of you ripping on SLU's piss poor facilities last week? Have you seen what SIU is doing this year and in year's past? Should we start thinking that maybe, just maybe, SLU's facilities aren't the reason for our average performance year in and year out? I wonder how SIU is getting it done?

>i tend to agree with brian. i have seen ahearn vs slu a

>couple of times now and he has been insignificant plus he

>has done nothing in the last couple of mvc tourneys.

Yeah, we couldn't have used a guy who is one of the greatest free throw shooters in NCAA history and a guy who averages 15-16ppg. I think Darrin Clarke or the famous unused scholarship was a better course of action.

sluser, i agree, slu's facilities suck. but there are apparently plans to slightly upgrade slu's facilities that would have coincided with young mr roundtree's arrival as well.

you might want to read cheryl levick's february notes at slubillikens.com on some of the recent announced ammenieties at the new arena.