All that Shimmys is not gold

kevinfootes

They have taken big steps both years. They play 4 freshman good minutes. 3 of the 4 leading scorers are freshmen and their starting center that was averaging almost 10 ppg is out for the year and has been since the 10th game of the season. The best is still to come and is not that far away.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

No inside presence due to injuries; TL with the broken nose which affects her a little...Shimmy's the right stuff, and we need to give her a few more recruiting classes. Check out some games - it's good, entertaining basketball. Run and gun, with a shorter clock (30 sec) than the guys use. Except for Tyler (1st team all A-10) she's getting it done with frosh mostly. No complaints here.

Their team is obviously still growing. This is the first year that the women's team has really been able to bring in a competitive recruiting class (no offense to the non-freshmen players), and next year's is going to be even better. If you notice, a lot of their losses are only by 2 or 6 points. I suggest you all go to more women's games. They are consistent in that they try hard every play, fighting with heart and throwing themselves around to make things happen. Besides that, Shimmy is a phenomenal coach. She has really brought something out of these players that had always been there but never been reached before. She's doing big things.

Mark my words: next year, the women's basketball team is going to be an A-10 powerhouse.

too many freshmen playing vital roles. but the good news is they become sophomores.

i saw shimmy over the weekend watching the belleville west tourney. she was watching her recruit for next year, lauren woods, dominate the belleville east championship run.

didnt hurt that area star juniors morgan harrington and alisha goodwin were also playing.

i also read recently shimmy is amongst the leaders in the teandra smith sweepstakes. imo, smith is the best junior in the st louis area.

I've seen nearly every home game and the loss of King and Komegysz (sp) cannot be underscored. They have lost at least 3 games where a good inside presence would have made the difference in the final outcome. They need a little quickness on the perimeter, especially on the defensive end, but I suspect the Chicago signee deals with that.

Shimmy is a show, all by herself.

i am very anxious to see ortiz. i am sure shimmy cant wait to throw ortiz, katie and teresa at teams.

that all said, everytime i see lauren woods i am more impressed. this girl is the definition of potential. over 6 feet tall, very thin, but very fast and extremely coordinated. she makes catches and shots that most 6 footers arent supposed to make. and as of late i have seen more ball skills and shots from the outside. she might really be the diamond in the rough for shimmy to polish.

ok so i could be wrong but didnt jill recruit Tyler i wouldnt call someone who could make the league if she was just a little bit taller leaving the program with nothing

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

p diddy, if alisha goodwin was 3 inches taller she would be going to uconn or duke. she is about as good of an athlete as i have seen in high school girls and this year she has increased her shooting range tremendously.

a fantastic get if true.

from watching them a couple of times, It seems to me they have a real need for a true pg. Anyone have any info on the best pg's in the area.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

the girl coming from chicago (ortiz) next year skip is a point guard.

i would be surprised if shimmy is not watching morgan harrington as well who is a junior point guard from belleville east.

other good jrs that i would bet she is watching are katie broadway, a shooting guard from civic memorial and inside players anya covington from edwardsville and teandra smith from east st louis.

imo smith might be the best potential in the metro east area.

diddy,

just curious if you have heard any recent recruiting inroads yet be it shimmy or brad?

i for one have been very pleased with the reports frank c has given the last couple of days telling about suggs.