Press Conference called tomorrow at 11 am

YUKMOUTH

I bet it's just Brad and the Very Annoying Time Out Guy teaming up to announce a new promotion to get more 2 year olds and 92 year olds interested in Billiken basketball by having a "It's time to stop that bad streak" Diaper Night at the Scottrade.

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala

I can't remember if YUKmouth is credible or not.

However, the press conference could be a recruit signing. I too think it is unlikely to have a Press Conference on SUN.

If I am CL, and Father Biondi is telling me that we are not going to spend money to buy out a contract, can I tell UB who was one of the biggest cheerleaders for the new arena that he is out as coach.

She clearly is hearing what is going on on 590, Bernie's Pressbox and on this forum.

A press conference to let everyone know he is NOT going anywhere is the best way to enhance UB's recruiting potential.

Debbie Yow, if I remember correctly, was incredibly silent as Rich Grawer was spinning in the wind and the team was faltering, with rumors abound that he would not be retained as coach.

CL seems to me to be a pretty good administrator since she got here (A10 and TV contract notwithstanding. It was probably a good decision at the time, but didn't work out.)

I am not saying this is the right thing for SLU to do, but the directive from above may be stay the course, and a boost from UB's direct boss at this time might be what the team and the program needs.

mhg

Vote of confidence is never that.

Every coach who gets press conference saying they are not going anywhere and their job is not in jeopardy leaves or is fired by the end of the season.

Cheryl is way too smart, and I know she is carefully evaluating Brad.

I would be surprised if there really is a press conference tomorrow, but I would be shocked if they held a conference to give him a vote of confidence or a contract extension. It would be a public relations disaster.