RI over the Bills by 17

The Wiz

First, let's start with a couple of questions.  What happens when one of the better college defenses (RI...B+ defense)  meets one of the worst college offenses?  How about...what happens when one of the best college teams in regards to TOs ( A ) meets one of the worst in TOs ( D- ). For answers to these questions see the spread.

We catch RI at a weak time ( for them)...They are missing their best player...Martin. With him they are a shoo in for the NCAA . Without him, it is iffy...the longer he is out the more iffy it becomes. RI is also missing Thompson a secondary player.

To win , all we have to do is stop Terrell and Mathews both great shooters...especially Terrell (45 / 37/ 83 )  Up against a tough D the Bills could easily turn it over more than 15 times which would turn it into a blowout...wait it already is ...how about just turn it into a rout.

Bottomline...To win we need a 47/ 40/ 72 with 12 TOs against a top D...coming right up...do you want fries with that order?

38 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

First, let's start with a couple of questions.  What happens when one of the better college defenses (RI...B+ defense)  meets one of the worst college offenses?  How about...what happens when one of the best college teams in regards to TOs ( A ) meets one of the worst in TOs ( D- ). For answers to these questions see the spread.

We catch RI at a weak time ( for them)...They are missing their best player...Martin. With him they are a shoo in for the NCAA . Without him, it is iffy...the longer he is out the more iffy it becomes. RI is also missing Thompson a secondary player.

To win , all we have to do is stop Terrell and Mathews both great shooters...especially Terrell (45 / 37/ 83 )  Up against a tough D the Bills could easily turn it over more than 15 times which would turn it into a blowout...wait it already is ...how about just turn it into a rout.

Bottomline...To win we need a 47/ 40/ 72 with 12 TOs against a top D...coming right up...do you want fries with that order?

Yes, but you can hold the Matt Neufeld sequences.

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

First, let's start with a couple of questions.  What happens when one of the better college defenses (RI...B+ defense)  meets one of the worst college offenses? 

I dunno, but I hope it doesn't involve another 20 point game.

On 12/23/2016 at 10:52 PM, White Pelican said:

On 12/23/2016 at 7:31 PM, The Wiz said:

First, let's start with a couple of questions.  What happens when one of the better college defenses (RI...B+ defense)  meets one of the worst college offenses? 

I dunno, but I hope it doesn't involve another 20 point game.

me too White Pelican 

On 12/23/2016 at 7:31 PM, The Wiz said:

What happens when one of the better college defenses (RI...B+ defense)  meets one of the worst college offenses?

So we can now answer this question.....the spread doubles. To respond to SLU Nick's opening post in the GDT  of....Please just compete...answer was ...No

The spread was actually 17 in the 1st half and into the 2nd half and then we kind of gave up. For those that had questioned my last report card ...you know the one with the ridiculous statements...."conference record 0-18 with only 1 more win left this season"....You now know where I am coming from now. 

I thought for this wrap up, we would look at some different stats...at least different for me...Numbers all represent pts..

1st number will be RI...2nd number the Bills.

In the paint......40-22

Off T/O ............24-12

2nd chance.......16-12

Fast break.........10-4

Bench.................23-13

While these are some different stats pointing out different weaknesses , the results are the same...bad.  Even the one area that seemed better  ...TOs = 13...wasn't  ...as nearly every TO resulted in a basket. I know the above numbers have some overlap and duplication but you could find an extra 34 pts there if you look.

And remember ....RI was missing their best player ....Martin.

Bottomline.....Tick....Tick...Tick.....10 months to go.

1 minute ago, hsmith19 said:

I figure a 34 point loss isn't that much different from a 17 point one this late in the season, but is it enough to drop us back down to F+?

You are correct on both points....There isn't that  much difference between 17 and 34 ...law of diminishing returns...the computer figures past 20  pts both teams start to let up...although in this case I am not sure RI let up ...seemed they were poring it on....Dadka ...the kid at the end of the RI bench who only has played 3 min all year didn't come in till the final minute. Also seemed some of the players were showboating a bit near the end. Not to mention Hurley being Hurley....besides his usually antics ...what about him jawing at the ref over a foul call ..up 25 pts with a few minutes left to go.......But I digress 

Note to self....Make RI pay for this next year.

On your other point ...do we fall to F+.... yes...even with those devalued extra pts...that shouldn't  have happened. You know if you are doing poorly in class AND you are not trying ...you are going to hear from the teacher. Ford said as much after the game...He was mad.  Said he could excuse bad shooting...not getting a rebound ...losing the game but couldn't excuse lack of hustle. He said the other team has to know they were in a fight regardless of the outcome  He said RI didn't know they were in a fight but LaSalle will.  There are no rules on practice limits during school breaks. Ford  said they will be practicing to the max between now and Jan 4.

If you have any interest in a URI perspective-

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/20161230/rams-journal-travis-ford-has-fan-in-dan-hurley

As for minutes allocation, Dadika and Leviton are walk-ons. The 10 available scholarship players all got in, including Layssard (a very raw freshman) for the first time since 11/14, Berry who can't play defense and picked up 3 fouls in 6 minutes. Before last night's game, the Rhode Island offense hadn't really clicked since their win against Cincinnati a month and a half ago. Not here to argue, but they needed to get things going especially offensively against a rebuilding team and did. Hope Bishop heals quickly for you guys, peace and happy new year to you all.