Recruiting - 2018 class

NextYearBill

Yeah, that's just not sensible. You don't deny another kid an opportunity because of what happened to a prior kid. Plus, it's not 1995, you can recruit kids by cell phone, AAU coaches, and various other forms outside of a high school coach that may or may not be around at that school for years to come. You do what's best for your program. Seniors and local kids are usually safe.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Yeah, that's just not sensible. You don't deny another kid an opportunity because of what happened to a prior kid. Plus, it's not 1995, you can recruit kids by cell phone, AAU coaches, and various other forms outside of a high school coach that may or may not be around at that school for years to come. You do what's best for your program. Seniors and local kids are usually safe.

AAU coaches might hold stronger grudges than High School coaches. Just look at the Illini and Mac Irvin Fire.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

AAU coaches might hold stronger grudges than High School coaches. Just look at the Illini and Mac Irvin Fire.

That's possible, but the AAU coaches are realists too. They try to get kids the best offers but they know when kids get offers to schools where they are a backup plan and might not stick. Some advise kids against and some just take credit for the offer.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If we are going by that definition he is going to Mizzou.  He now officially fits the definition of a Mizzou recruit.

You brought up that other school, not me. You are shifting the conversation to that school not me, before this false troll crap starts. I don't know how Mizzou would open up a spot with school started, but I'm wondering if SLU has wiggle room with Hines, if not he has to find a school close to home with an unfolded scholarship.

16 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

You brought up that other school, not me. You are shifting the conversation to that school not me, before this false troll crap starts. I don't know how Mizzou would open up a spot with school started, but I'm wondering if SLU has wiggle room with Hines, if not he has to find a school close to home with an unfolded scholarship.

does he have to sit out this year? or could he play right away?

1 hour ago, NextYearBill said:

does he have to sit out this year? or could he play right away?

15 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yeah, that is good news. Thanks for the info.  An "official" visit, I guess, would just make me think the recruitment is more serious. 

Got any other recruiting tidbits you could share? Please?

Pretty sure he could be released to play.  Up to Xavier to release him I think.  

Final day for undergrads to drop classes at X was 11/21/17.  So if he dropped all his classes seems it would be like he never enrolled.  Given all that SLU is hardly close to home. 

6 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Pretty sure he could be released to play.  Up to Xavier to release him I think.  

Final day for undergrads to drop classes at X was 11/21/17.  So if he dropped all his classes seems it would be like he never enrolled.  Given all that SLU is hardly closs to home. 

The NCAA does not view it like that. He will have to sit a year unless he receives a waiver which is unlikely.