Gordon has turned on us

Gordon writes some truths but then he goes off the reservation. Of course this is an unsettling time for us but every program goes through times that try a fan base and administration. Gordon wants us to become irrelevant because he sees what is happening in StL right now - all the TV channels and media are focused on us and not his beloved Tigers. He can not stand to see that his school is relegated to second class status in town. IL may have had a good recruiting year but so did Weber when he was there so it is early to be crowning Groce - he may do very well but lets actually let him do it first before crediting him. Look how the SEC only got 3 teams in and we got 5 what does that tell you about MO and the season they had - thank goodness for them they played in a weak conf or they would not have made it this year. The SEC is even having trouble in the NIT. Gordon's position is that "oh well you might not even bother to try" is so transparent that it is laughable. He is already fretting over the drum beats starting up again to make MO play us and he clearly does not want that because if we beat them then he won't be able to continue living in his bubble world.

One has to wonder why it was important for him to question our future right at the high point in our programs recent history. He paints a rosy picture for the area's two other D1 programs neither of which has had the success we have the previous two years. Especially in light of the fact that Mizzery may have to find a new coach in the not too distant future after only two years under Haith. What was his motive to ps all over us at this particular point in time? Was all the favorable pub, both locally and nationally, getting his antlers in a wad? Did he want to bring all the positive buzz about the Bills to a complete halt to put doubt in the minds of any local kids we might be recruiting? Could it have been to tell Saint Louis' non affiliated bb fans not to jump on the Billiken bandwagon and stick with the local big boy programs? Again, the timing is suspect. Any discussion about the Bills future should, and legitimately so, have been put on hold until the end of the season. Yes, we have serious issues and concerns, but you don't bring them out the day of our coming out party.

I think the questions about the Bills and the future are credible. I know these conference alignments are all about money, but some of the huge questions regarding SLU may be one of the reasons why they are "on-hold" with the Big East despite being .

While we are confident in our future, my belief is that when looking at our recent history there are plenty of questions that the new conference has. Creighton and Omaha, CU basketball is the biggest ticket in town and the second biggest in the state. They regularly sell out a 17000+ arena. XU and Butler also have a lot of recent basketball success. We have had not had that same attendance except when playing an attractive draw. Until we're filling the place when we're playing Harris-Stowe, there are going to be questions about Billiken basketball.

People on the board have the passion, but we need thousands more people just like that. We need Chaiffetz filled with people who are there because it's the only thing to do, not because they have nothing else to do.

We need to settle the coaching situation. My opinion, Jim Crews is a great bench coach, but I don't think he has the recruiting history that would indicate he is going to be the kind of coach that is going to attract the kind of players we need if we want to take that next step up. He may deserve it, but this is why the AD gets paid well, to do what is best for the university for the future.

Until we're filling the place when we're playing Harris-Stowe, there are going to be questions about Billiken basketball.

People on the board have the passion, but we need thousands more people just like that. We need Chaiffetz filled with people who are there because it's the only thing to do, not because they have nothing else to do.

Seems to me that it's the people jumping on the bandwagon now are the reason for this. I'm sure you're a huge fan. So huge that you can't spell the name of the Arena. Take it to a KU board.

One has to wonder why it was important for him to question our future right at the high point in our programs recent history. He paints a rosy picture for the area's two other D1 programs neither of which has had the success we have the previous two years. Especially in light of the fact that Mizzery may have to find a new coach in the not too distant future after only two years under Haith. What was his motive to ps all over us at this particular point in time? Was all the favorable pub, both locally and nationally, getting his antlers in a wad? Did he want to bring all the positive buzz about the Bills to a complete halt to put doubt in the minds of any local kids we might be recruiting? Could it have been to tell Saint Louis' non affiliated bb fans not to jump on the Billiken bandwagon and stick with the local big boy programs? Again, the timing is suspect. Any discussion about the Bills future should, and legitimately so, have been put on hold until the end of the season. Yes, we have serious issues and concerns, but you don't bring them out the day of our coming out party.

Exactly.

He is a jerk. He essentially wrote truthful material but the way he wrote it was horsesh*t and the timing demonstrates malicious intent. Typical SL Post shill.

Exactly.

He is a jerk. He essentially wrote truthful material but the way he said was horsesh*t and the timing demonstrates malicious intent. Typical SL Post shill.

I guess Gordon passed out live on the air this afternoon and had to be taken to the hospital. I flipped by 1380 that's what McKenna said.

Larry, I not advocating for either, just the least of 2 evils. B)

I still feel we will go deep in the Dance and they will want us with open arms. Time now to do our talking on the court. LOL

Agree. You going to Indy? If so let me know.

How'd he get out of that?

He wasn't charged with any ethics violations, which is really the only kind of allegation that gets coaches canned. With how the NCAA handled the investigation it seems as though Miami will probably get off pretty easy in general. They had Nevin Shapiro's attorney on their payroll, and they considered anything Shapiro said twice to be "corroborated."

Huh?

Remember that the NCAA caught their own investigators breaking their own rules so things with the Miami investigation got all screwed up - my guess is that the NCAA just wanted to put it behind them and get on with cleaning up their mess and making sure nothing else gets fouled up.

Remember that the NCAA caught their own investigators breaking their own rules so things with the Miami investigation got all screwed up - my guess is that the NCAA just wanted to put it behind them and get on with cleaning up their mess and making sure nothing else gets fouled up.

That's why I laugh at the St Mary's penalties. It reminds me of this quote by Tark:

"the NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it will probably slap another two years' probation on Cleveland State"