Rivals 2013 top 100

NH

Three St. Louis players listed in Top 100, however it appears we are only actively recruiting one.

35-Malcolm Hill

46- Nolan Berry

100- DeShawn Munson

Also, former Billiken target Kendrick Nunn is at 29.

Wait. Are you serious? We had no idea....

And NH to say we're only actively recruiting one of them is mistaken. I know you dislike RM, but I expect more out of you.

I don't know if we are recruiting Hill at the moment. Neither his dad nor him have mentioned SLU when interviewed. I don't dislike RM. I like RM.

Guest BillikenReport

I don't know if we are recruiting Hill at the moment. Neither his dad nor him have mentioned SLU when interviewed. I don't dislike RM. I like RM.

I interviewed Malcolm Jr. the other day. He didn't mention SLU. He mentioned Xavier. I'm sure that will make folks here happy.

I'll post a link whenever the story makes it online.

I interviewed Malcolm Jr. the other day. He didn't mention SLU. He mentioned Xavier. I'm sure that will make folks here happy.

I'll post a link whenever the story makes it online.

I know you're praised by many on here but your tone towards SLU has definitely changed over the past few months.

I know you're praised by many on here but your tone towards SLU has definitely changed over the past few months.

If we are recruiting him please let me know no one seeks out Billiken recruiting info more than myself.

If we are recruiting him please let me know no one seeks out Billiken recruiting info more than myself.

I just think its dumb to assume we aren't recruiting him because he doesn't mention us in an interview or two. And yes, we are recruiting him. Does he have interest in us at this point? It doesn't look too promising, but it's also early in the process.

This board is hilarious sometimes. Get out and see kids play.

People complain about info...get out and see kids play.

Can't travel? Over 160 teams played in town a few weeks back ...on SLU's campus. Get out and see kids play.

Live outside of STL...get out and see kids play. Plenty of events elsewhere with great frequency all over the country and Internationally.

Get out and see kids play.

Not talking about video, not talking about phone calls...get out and see kids play.

This board is hilarious sometimes. Get out and see kids play.

People complain about info...get out and see kids play.

Can't travel? Over 160 teams played in town a few weeks back ...on SLU's campus. Get out and see kids play.

Live outside of STL...get out and see kids play. Plenty of events elsewhere with great frequency all over the country and Internationally.

Not talking about video, not talking about phone calls...get out and see kids play.

I don't know who you're talking to but I've seen all the kids on that list play and even played against some.

I just think its dumb to assume we aren't recruiting him because he doesn't mention us in an interview or two. And yes, we are recruiting him. Does he have interest in us at this point? It doesn't look too promising, but it's also early in the process.

And also, if we were still recruiting him you'd think he would mention us. I mean he mentioned SIUC. Perhaps we realized we wouldn't land him and moved on. And it isn't really that early in the process. If you're a program trying to live off of spring recruits like we did this year, then you're not likely to be successful. The best is getting early commitments like we did with BT, KM, WR, FJ and BC.

And also, if we were still recruiting him you'd think he would mention us. I mean he mentioned SIUC. Perhaps we realized we wouldn't land him and moved on. And it isn't really that early in the process. If you're a program trying to live off of spring recruits like we did this year, then you're not likely to be successful. The best is getting early commitments like we did with BT, KM, WR, FJ and BC.

Whose living off Spring recruits? Not RM and the Bills. Check the facts before you make statements like that. When the season ended this year, we had a full roster of players for next year and had used all available scholarships. The only reason we are in the mix for these kids this Spring is b/c CS has decided to leave and WR gave up and flunked out.

In case you haven't noticed, RM has signed most of our players in the Fall and has not saved or been unable to use all scholarships from the Fall for use in the Spring. The guys you listed, BT, KM, WR, FJ and BC were all Fall recruits. Sure, we added KC and RC in the Spring but was only after RM cleared room for them in the Spring.

The next year, we landed CR, CS and JS in the Fall. CE was added in the Spring, and could have signed in the Fall like CS, but I still think the timing of their season, etc. make CE not your typical Spring recruit. The first JJ was also a Spring recruit. Room, of course, became available b/c RC quit after the Fall signing period. BT then left after the Spring signing period so we were unable to fill that scholarship until the Fall - which he did.

This year, we add JM - we only had 1 schollie to offer.

This Fall, we will have 2 to 4 scholarships to fill and, based upon his track record here at SLU, RM will fill them with Fall recruits - not Spring recruits.

Wait who are we recruiting?

Just Berry? Did we stop recruiting Munson? Because I've seen our staff watch him play.

And we aren't recruiting Nunn? Why are we listed with him on every recruiting service?

NH.

No you wouldn't. You're posts and comments lack basic logic. SLU might very much be recruiting Malcolm Hill but he, via his Father, just might not be all that interested in us in return. Lack of interst by Hill does not mean lack of effort/recruting by SLU. Let's say that SLU (and 20 other schools) call/write/text/email, etc. to him each day, each week, each month. Hill, though, in an interview says that he is really only interested in 5 or 6 schools, or another of saying that, 5 or 6 schools are really interested in him. It is not correct to say that SLU and these other schools are not trying or not recruiting him. Unless SLU is going "over the top" in a desperate or almost comical manner, why would the Hills mention SLU or any of the other schools who are trying/recruiting but which they are not so interested in.

In short, I believe that you are misguided. Seems that you base most of what you post on what you read on the Internet and that if don't read that a kid has interest in a particular school, you then make what likely could be a false statement: that SLU is not trying or not recruiting Hill.

Even worse, even after you make such illogical statements and then make repeated comments that our coach must therefore by lazy or just plain dumb, you then admit you really don't have any information in the first place.

For instance, you start this thread with the statement:

Three St. Louis players listed in Top 100, however it appears we are only actively recruiting one.

35-Malcolm Hill

46- Nolan Berry

100- DeShawn Munson

And then you later admit:

I don't know if we are recruiting Hill at the moment. Neither his dad nor him have mentioned SLU when interviewed

Good stuff. You really don't know much. You just like to pretend you do. Your pretend act is getting old.

Whose living off Spring recruits? Not RM and the Bills. Check the facts before you make statements like that. When the season ended this year, we had a full roster of players for next year and had used all available scholarships. The only reason we are in the mix for these kids this Spring is b/c CS has decided to leave and WR gave up and flunked out.

In case you haven't noticed, RM has signed most of our players in the Fall and has not saved or been unable to use all scholarships from the Fall for use in the Spring. The guys you listed, BT, KM, WR, FJ and BC were all Fall recruits. Sure, we added KC and RC in the Spring but was only after RM cleared room for them in the Spring.

The next year, we landed CR, CS and JS in the Fall. CE was added in the Spring, and could have signed in the Fall like CS, but I still think the timing of their season, etc. make CE not your typical Spring recruit. The first JJ was also a Spring recruit. Room, of course, became available b/c RC quit after the Fall signing period. BT then left after the Spring signing period so we were unable to fill that scholarship until the Fall - which he did.

This year, we add JM - we only had 1 schollie to offer.

This Fall, we will have 2 to 4 scholarships to fill and, based upon his track record here at SLU, RM will fill them with Fall recruits - not Spring recruits.

I specifically said we lived off of spring recruits THIS YEAR. THIS YEAR clock. I didn't say we had done it the past four. I didn't say RM had a track record of it. I didn't even say it wasn't understandable. I have said and will continue to say RM has done well recruiting at SLU.

By this time RM's first year we had one commitment. Over the next month we'd get three more. I don't see us in a position to do that with this 2012 class as it stands now and those early commitments are key to getting talented players like KM who might not have blown up yet.

Losing PM was not unbearable from the standpoint that we can replace him with another good coach. It was hard as it really set us back in the 2012 and 2013 class and now you see kids we did have an in with blowing up.

It is just his attempt to try to put everyone down on the board at the same time.

So says the guy who spent a lot of time in soccer threads, yet didn't go to the games a bout which he was speaking.

So many whiners and complainers here...you being one of the biggest...

So says the guy who spent a lot of time in soccer threads, yet didn't go to the games a bout which he was speaking.

So many whiners and complainers here...you being one of the biggest...

Like I said I have seen all those kids play, including Nunn.

Were you at the Battle for the Arch or whatever it was called at SImon Rec? Where were you if you were there? I was in the middle sitting with the kids with the "STL Saints" jerseys. I had on a dark blue shirt and grey shorts.

Guest BillikenReport

I'm disappointed to see what is happening with the program in the last few months.

I still believe the team will be very good next year, even after losing Willie, and should be OK after the graduation of Cassity and Conklin. I just don't have much faith in the future after that.

I'm disappointed to see what is happening with the program in the last few months.

I still believe the team will be very good next year, even after losing Willie, and should be OK after the graduation of Cassity and Conklin. I just don't have much faith in the future after that.

Agree with you on your first sentence. 1 new recruit? Not a banner year. The last year has been a trying one on all Billiken fans...how much crap can this school put its fans through?

Seriously? An upper class nucleus of Mitchell, Loe, Ellis, Mccall, Evans, and Jett dissappoints you? With respect you're pretty f-ing hard to please.

I don't know or not whether our recruiting is hitting a rough patch. Manning, a big with good hands, may be a terrible class of one. He may be great. I don't know. It does seem like we always get the same broken record of late. SLU is not recruiting the cream of the St. Louis crop. Rick is lazy. Rick isn't kissing AAU coach ass. Blah, blah, blah.

Maybe Porter leaving did set us back. Maybe our new asst. will vault us forward. All I know is I'm pretty happy with the players we've got and perhaps naively confident that Rick will continue getting good kids.

How can you say you are not disappointed with the program the past few months? Aside from the mediocre fanfest that was talked about a long time ago and just recently executed, what has gone right?

We lose PE to Med School (good for him, great person to have around off court tho)

We lose CS to a D2 school. (wasnt going to play anyway, but cody's best friend and solid defensive/practice player)

We lose a recruit who picks a walk on opportunity over a full ride

We have 2 open scholarships and nobody to fill them

We lost our top recruiter/assistant coach and for some reason are taking our sweet time getting another coach to come in..

All very young/inexperienced assistant coaches

A president of the university who publicly calls out his coach

I believe we will be very good next year. No doubt. But all news has been negative this offseason. If you deny this, then you are just plain blinded by your billiken loyalty.

P.S. NH- stop trying to credential yourself on this board. its getting ridiculous.

1 Biondi is a horses ass. Everyone who didn't know that before this weekend, raise your hand.....

2 At good basketball schools, assistants leave all the time for better gigs. Porter will be replaced.

3 We won't miss Christian or Paul much with Kwamain coming back.

4 Spring recruiting is mostly a crapshoot when good kids have multiple high level suitors.

5 We lose a 6'2" guard who wants to walk on at Wisconsin. Who cares. We don't need another short guard.

You can be negative about the events of the spring if you want to. I just don't see it. We don't need Chievous or the walkon or the German kid to be really good next year and there isn't that much difference between spring and this coming fall for future recruits.

1 Biondi is a horses ass. Everyone who didn't know that before this weekend, raise your hand.....

2 At good basketball schools, assistants leave all the time for better gigs. Porter will be replaced.

4 Spring recruiting is mostly a crapshoot when good kids have multiple high level suitors.

5 We lose a 6'2" guard who wants to walk on at Wisconsin. Who cares. We don't need another short guard.

You can be negative about the events of the spring if you want to. I just don't see it. We don't need Chievous or the walkon or the German kid to be really good next year and there isn't that much difference between spring and this coming fall for future recruits.

+1.

Thanks for that. Great post.

The good news is that the NCAA rescinded the "Use it or lose it" rule on scholarships. So we actually can use those next year for more new players! Hooray!