Waiting to hear the Kool-Aid version..

SLUDrew

Billikan and skip will be on here saying

"oh its only one game, seasons not over"

you lose to the worst D1 team, YOUR SEASON IS OVER. Everything us level headed people have been saying came true.

We have no depth, we have no rebounding, turnovers kill us, we can't run a fast break, etc.

Incredibily disappionted. who is brad gonna have to pay off to get us in the NIT?

I hate this loss, but I still support the team, and, as long as he is our coach, I support Brad. Am I pissed? YES. Make that HELL YES! However, Saint Louis University basketball is about more than a loss to the Bonnies.

The big difference between me and a lot of the ABCers is that I had this team going 18-12 from the start, so I am still pleased with the team's overall progress. So many people had the team winning 23+ games so of course they will be disappointed.

Of course we could fire Brad now and REALLY screw up our recruiting at a time when the '08 class is stacked and we (despite this loss) still have a decent chance of making the tournament.

Keep in mind one more thing: Very few of our wins, even at home against inferior teams, were blowouts. We have not played like a great team all season. I am surprised, but not shocked that we lost an away game.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

>Billikan and skip will be on here saying

>

>"oh its only one game, seasons not over"

>

>you lose to the worst D1 team, YOUR SEASON IS OVER.

>Everything us level headed people have been saying came

>true.

>

>We have no depth, we have no rebounding, turnovers kill us,

>we can't run a fast break, etc.

>

>Incredibily disappionted. who is brad gonna have to pay off

>to get us in the NIT?

You do realize that we have been, on average, out rebounding our opponents all season, right? Check the stats.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

If Brad can't get us dancing this year, just how well do you think he can do with the '08 class? His recruiting hasn't looked really steller since Tommie and Kevin. I'm not ready to write off every recruit since then but there is little or nothing in the system for our front court next year. Adam and Bryce are better than the haters think but not good enough to take us to the dance I think.....

>The big difference between me and a lot of the ABCers is

>that I had this team going 18-12 from the start, so I am

>still pleased with the team's overall progress. So many

>people had the team winning 23+ games so of course they will

>be disappointed.

Pardon my french but what f'ing progress are you talking about?

>

>Of course we could fire Brad now and REALLY screw up our

>recruiting at a time when the '08 class is stacked and we

>(despite this loss) still have a decent chance of making the

>tournament.

You think we're going to go 18-12 and make the tourney?!?!?!? Explain how please.

Surely, you meant regress? We just lost to "arguably the worst team in D1." That's your idea of progress? Progress would have to blow these guys away by 20 on their home court. Alumni Fan, you had them at 18-12, so you're probably the leader in the clubhouse for the Billiken.com '06-07 predict the record contest. And no, a lot of us aren't angry because we picked a better record, we're just po'd because we just lost to "arguably the worst team in D-1".

Last year at this time we were 7-6, this year we are 10-4. By any logical definition, that is progress.

When I made my 18-12 prediction I did NOT think we would make the tournament. Being 10-4 and facing a relatively weak A10 we do have a decent chance of making the tournament. Now, we can spend the next three days debating what "decent" means, but ignoring the semantics, I think we have a better chance of making the tournament than everyone in the A10 except X, UD, and UMass and, except for X, I think we are probably even with UD and UMass.

Life is too short to wallow in negativism. I would prefer to see the upside than the downside. Call it what you will, but no successful person ever made it by being negative all the time.

So let's see. Last year we are 7-6 at this point; this year we are 10-4 and you call it "regress".

Okay. Whatever.

You may be right, but I am willing to wait to see what happens at least through this spring.

Sorry, I had to go to a meeting after the game so I could not post sooner. Here is my take on tonight.

1. This is a bad loss and there is no way to sugarcoat it.

2. After the Bonnies played so well at Syracuse in their last game I was concerned about this game. Any team that can play tough against Syracuse on their floor could be tough to beat at home. We again made a great comeback to tie in the second half but we made a couple of mistakes and took some bad shots and the game was over.

3. The season is not over but we will have to go on a heck of a run if we can dream of getting an at large bid. If we beat X, and UMass and St. Joes and win a bunch of other games then we can talk about it but until then we should focus on the conference tournament because that is where we will live or die when it comes to the big dance.

4. Over the past 15 years it seems like every year we have at least one loss like this on the road. That is why I was so encouraged to see us win against Pacific and Loyola.

5. Each of our three star players seems to have letdowns in certain parts of their games at times and when they go bad we are in trouble. For Kevin and Tommie, I see that as a learning process and because they do so many things well they are still excellent players. JJ is still a disaster and in close games his mistakes are magnified.

6. I will still support the coach and the team because I think it would be ridiculous to give up on the team at this point when we are 10-4. (Of course, being the kool aid guy I am, I would never give up on the team no matter how tough it might get!) However, as I look at the schedule, we may have trouble winning 20 games if we do not play better and it would be disappointing if we missed that milestone.

7. The game on Sat looms big for the psyche of the team. Another bad RPI team that played great in its last game and beat Boston College on the road. This will be a real gut check for the team. Can they shake off a bad loss and get back on track?

8. Being a college basketball fan for a team that is not an elite team is a real roller coaster and we hit bottom tonight!

sorry i didnt run to the computer after the game and post, but i was busy last nite. wasnt like we were all home watching on tv now was it (thanks linda bruno).

as billikan said, horrible loss. might be the worst lost that coach soderberg has had as our head coach. in perry's great year, we had a number of stinkers on the front end of the schedule, however we had the luxury of playing in a very good cusa as well and had we played very strong in the conference that year we could have gotten a spot even after those bad losses.

this one cant be made up imo. i am not an rpi expert, but i assume that it will take winning nearly all the rest of the games to get back what we lost last night. that isnt going to happen. a team that loses to the worst team in division one is going to lose more. i guarantee it.

the loss definitely knocked some of the shine off my expectations. and while most of you are laying all the blame on soderberg, i have to ask, how the hell can our players allow st bonnie to score 70+ points? did anyone play defense? they seemed to score at will. i cant tell you how many times i cringed hearing ramsey announce another layup or wide open three.

who was guarding the kid who had 26? i can only assume lisch or polk were. our best defenders make this kid look like an all-american? b.s.

if there ever was a game that soderberg should have cleared the bench and sent a message, last night would have been a good time.

now we have sent a message to richmond, duquesne, lasalle, fordham, everyone, "the billikens can be beat".

well it is gut check time now. let's see what these kids got. because they get to walk a tight rope now for about two months.

Gimme a break, Drew. What do you want us to say. You guys have been calling for his head for 6 months. You've been down on this team for a year (I love how you conviniently ignored my post to point me towards something positive you've said about the team). This is just fuel for your fire.

To those who say the season is over, get a clue. This isn't college football. We lost to a ###### team and it's gonna kill out RPI. But anything can happen. Can we run the table? Just one more loss? Can we win the tourney? Is that sugar coating it? Yeah. But ###### a, man I'm fan of the team.

Giving up on the team after 1 loss in conference. Great stuff.