Stop all FIRE BRAD threads! We needhim through 08

VTIME

Reasons:

1. Tommie and Kevin are sophomores and would still have 2 years of eligibility at another university and could transfer.

2. Brad has made in-roads in a stellar local 2008 class

3. We absolutely lose Kramer who is an excellent player regardless of his size.

4. Kramer is the best recruiting tool Brad has and a lot of the 08 prospects are Kramer's summer teammates.

5. The Bills are 9-3. I've been critical of Brad in the past, namely his recruiting, not so much his coaching, but he's starting 4 area guys which can only help local recruiting and the 5th starter was considered a project and is now headed for maybe a 2nd First team all-conference selection.

Who has started the chant to fire Brad mr. big bad Vtime?

Have you been sipping the blue kool-aid long into the night?

He's just done a below average job of recruiting is any of us posters are saying. If we are relying on a solid recruiting class only once every 3 years (2005, 2008,. etc), that's not necessarly a good thing.

All we are saying is we really need to do a better job of recruiting. Get with it vtime.

over and over and over and over again.

Though I don't know how a team that is 9-3 and is expected to be a contender for the A10 title and tourney birth with all his own players could be below averaqe ... the fact is it is not. Below average for top 50 teams ... probably. He has had some luck and some problems in recruiting ... namely as we all know, the 4 position has been an achilies heel we all know that, but I don't think it is faie to call his recruiting below average, actually, not only is it not fair ... it's just plain wrong. Call it not good enough ... ok. I also don't see how you condemn our current freshman class as AK will probably get more and more minutes as the season progresses and have a good chance to be a 3 year starter. Dustin is still an unknown, but I wouldn't call him a below average recruit just yet.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

V Time pull up a recent post, ie since the season started and show us where someone said fire him. It's his recent recruiting that posters are upset about. The loss of Obi and HD (The best athlete on the team), our very limited bench, and no fall signees are disturbing.

Ok almighty skip, explain to me how Brad has not done a below average job of recruiting this year when WE HAVE NO RECRUITING CLASS! Basically 1/3 of our recruiting class is gone from last year, so that's not really that much of a help, we have no post presence for the future to speak of (at least nothing to feel good about yet), and once again, WE HAVE NO RECRUITING CLASS this year.

Please explain, in your infinite wisdom, how I am "just plain wrong" in stating that he's done a below average job when in fact, he's landed noone.

I have to agree with Realistic on this one. Last year's class consisted of Maguire (no one was beating his door down when he signed), Knollmeyer (who would be at Mizzou if Quin wasn't a moron), and a late signee Dixon that is no longer with the program. I'm not closing the door on the first two by any stretch, but they don't compare to the Kevin and Tommie class. This year's class is nonexistent, which is totally unacceptable for a program supposedly on the rise. Bringing in solid players to back up KL, TL, and IV these next few years so that they can carry the banner after those three are gone is key and at this point we have failed to do so.

I know some people will argue and tell me that you can't have a class like Kevin and Tommie every year. The fact of the matter is that although those two are very good players that I happen to love watching, there are players of their caliber or very close coming out of St. Louis EVERY SINGLE YEAR. It's time to stem the tide and get some recruits in here. Make a big push for Powell right now and hopefully try to get that Eckerle kid that is playing so well also. It's not like we don't have the scholarships to give to them and still get someone else if we want.

billinikens said, "there are players of their caliber or very close coming out of St. Louis EVERY SINGLE YEAR."

i guess you almost saved yourself by adding, "or very close" to your wrong statement.

We've talked about recruiting misses ad nauseum on this board. The fact of the matter is very good division I players come out of St. Louis every year, the MVC is full of them. The fact that we haven't received a commitment from a single one of them yet this year is bad recruiting, plain and simple. I love the Billikens as much as the next guy, but most schools have started on the next recruiting class by now and we don't have ONE recruit for the current year. Brutal.

Consider this. Randal Falker, from St. Louis, would have the same sort of impact at the four as KL and TL have had at their positions. He is not as good a player overall, but his impact at the position as compared to what he have now would be equal to what those two brought. Even Matt Shaw would have been a significant upgrade. Imagine a three guard set with Tommie at the point and Lisch/Ahearn flanking him. Land a Randal Falker to play in the middle with IV and you have a pretty strong team that isn't getting blown out by anyone. You might be talking about a ranked team. The talent is in St. Louis every year to be that good. Argue if you want that TL and KL are a head above the rest, that's fine. My point is that the talent is in StL alone to be perenially competitive. The fact that the Suggs, Brandenburg, Griffey years of recruiting in StL are yet to come should bring me hope, but not having landed other strong area players in the past makes me anxious about the likelihood of our landing any of those guys. And if we do, it's likely as much Kramer's recruiting ability as Brad's.

Sorry to be so negative this morning, but the lack of recruits in the pipleline has my very irritated and I just don't think some of you diehards are seeing the writing on the wall. At this point, Brad needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat to keep the program on the rise or we'll have to land Suggs, Griffey, et al and they'll have to be really good the day they step on campus.

>We've talked about recruiting misses ad nauseum on this

>board. The fact of the matter is very good division I

>players come out of St. Louis every year, the MVC is full of

>them. The fact that we haven't received a commitment from a

>single one of them yet this year is bad recruiting, plain

>and simple. I love the Billikens as much as the next guy,

>but most schools have started on the next recruiting class

>by now and we don't have ONE recruit for the current year.

>Brutal.

>

>Consider this. Randal Falker, from St. Louis, would have

>the same sort of impact at the four as KL and TL have had at

>their positions. He is not as good a player overall, but

>his impact at the position as compared to what he have now

>would be equal to what those two brought. Even Matt Shaw

>would have been a significant upgrade. Imagine a three

>guard set with Tommie at the point and Lisch/Ahearn flanking

>him. Land a Randal Falker to play in the middle with IV and

>you have a pretty strong team that isn't getting blown out

>by anyone. You might be talking about a ranked team. The

>talent is in St. Louis every year to be that good. Argue if

>you want that TL and KL are a head above the rest, that's

>fine. My point is that the talent is in StL alone to be

>perenially competitive. The fact that the Suggs,

>Brandenburg, Griffey years of recruiting in StL are yet to

>come should bring me hope, but not having landed other

>strong area players in the past makes me anxious about the

>likelihood of our landing any of those guys. And if we do,

>it's likely as much Kramer's recruiting ability as Brad's.

>

>Sorry to be so negative this morning, but the lack of

>recruits in the pipleline has my very irritated and I just

>don't think some of you diehards are seeing the writing on

>the wall. At this point, Brad needs to pull a rabbit out of

>his hat to keep the program on the rise or we'll have to

>land Suggs, Griffey, et al and they'll have to be really

>good the day they step on campus.

Yeah, there was trio of 4's in the area class of 2007, O'Rear will be playing in the MVC for N. Iowa. Harrellson, who wanted to come to SLU has signed with W. Illinois. Great article about him on prepsports.stltoday.com by the way. And ofcourse Powell. We arent even talking about national recruiting, we're talking about getting the local guys. Lnading Powell would salvage this 2007 class for me. With the extra schollie Terrence Williams might not be a bad idea. I know many think he is another Bryce, but he is on another level athletically. He can not score without being set up for an easy dunk, but he will block shots and he will run and that's more than we can say for Bryce. He just needs the weight room and the personal attention that Brad gave Ian.

The posts come after every loss moytoy. The fans that were supportive just days ago have turned. I didnt mean stop for that day, I meant stop for a while. The threads came up within a week of the thread. I've been as critical of Brad as anyone, but I tried to be supportive and you still slammed me for it. There's no winning with people like you moytoy.

Absolutely uncalled for post from moytoy. Ban him. I made a thread in defense of the coach of this university and this guy is just attacking me personally with insults for no reason. Its just not right. I've done nothing to deserve this. I dont name call any posters on this site. Why cant I get the same respect that I show others reciprocated.