Does this at least convince some of you that it exists?

troutangler

I didn't say anything about forfeiting. I posted that because some of you guys were doubting that the tape actually existed when it was people in Springfield reporting it. I guess we "hicks" weren't just making it all up like you geniuses thought.

By the way, I was very surprised my car wasn't on blocks when I came out of the game on Monday.

the Bear gets you and sometimes you get the Bear. Time to Grin and Bear it, nothing's changing. Maybe the NCAA will allow you to put an * after your L. The rule is fairly simple, like Elvis, the refs have left the building, show's over. Maybe what MoState fans should be more worried about is how did you let a school from a one bid conference come back from 11 down against one of the elite programs of the Mighty Missouri Valley? Hmmmm...rather than concentrate on when the backboard light went on, you should wonder why the light went off in your player's heads when they could not snare a rebound off two badly missed shots in the last 3 seconds and ice it right there. All this clock synchronicity crap is moot. "It's good boys"! is enough said, go fishing and relax. To all Billiken fans, I'd put this issue out of your mind and look to UNC.

it exists, I went back and focused on the live feed of the game, as I recorded it. this situation is an anomaly. In live action the buzzer went off and there was still time left on the clock.

But NCAA rules say it has to be reviewed if a TV feed is present, but the replays do not have sound, so the refs could not see there is a differential. The NCAA does not appear to specify a replay have the official clock, buzzer and light in view. I expect they will change the rule at the end of the season.

Incorrect yes, conspiracy no. Win by SLU yes....

The replay also show Ian being fouled before the buzzer sounds so the only solution is to meet in the sweet sixteen for a rematch.

I was sitting directly across from the basket in section 125 and it looked and sounded for all the world that the basket went in after the horn.

Still I was and am ecstatic that we were declared the winners and, in actuality, cannot for the life of me understand how the simple timing of a game can be so f'ed up. Also, I can hardly understand the situation even now, after reading every article on the controversy, including the one today by Timmerman. Scout tape, game feed, MSU broadcast, blah blah blah. Jesus!!

Thank God the Bills won!!!!

In the basket "after the horn" does not matter. Its when the shot leaves the hand. If its airborne before the buzzer/horn, it plays out until it misses or makes. Going through the basket is frankly immaterial until the determination of when it left the hands is made.

Troutangler, have the refs left the court yet?

Your guys didn't take care of business up here, and set themselves up to make the bang-bang play an issue. You left at least seven points on the floor in the final three minutes.

Take care of business in the MVC, and this game doesn't matter. You are supposed to to be one of the top three teams, so go prove it on the court, and you will be in the big dance.

Your beef is not with the Saint Louis fans or our team. Your beef lies with the refs, the Springfield TV station, and the clock calibration team at ScottTrade. It is time to choose a new towel for your tears at this point.

.... I know when you and Billiphan, and Billsboys and billiken_roy lift those yule glasses full of whiskey-tainted egg nog, I will be there in spirit. Although I am still surprised the four of you are getting together and am still skeptical the good times will last!!!

Looking at the AC in March. Searching hotels and all that. Still thinking about it?

Merry (politically incorrect) Christmas and Happy TV replay viewing to all!

Does anybody know how often the stadium game clock and the TV video clock are not synchronized. Does this happen to all televised games or was this just some freak thing were the M State broadcast was slow by .1 seconds?

Nobody should be upset witht the refs or the TV feed - the refs used what they had available and the TV feed simply showed what was filmed. If the clocks were not sync properly then that is a technical issue that can be addressed in the future. My guess is the NCAA will not change the rule and will simply as all arenas to double check that all their clocks are synced. That is the solution.

what an article from our worthless beat reporter that would rather cover grade school soccer than the billikens and the post missouri valley reporter. yeah that convinces me.

as i said yesterday, first it is a wide high angle view. what appears like maybe touching/in the hand from above might not be the same at ball level. second even if it was the case that the clocks were not in sync, that indeed is unfortunate. however, there have been sport games decided throughout history that it was determined after the fact that were wrong but nothing changes.

i had a coach in high school that told us that we should never be in a position that a third party CAN decide a game. missouri state lost the game by their play on the floor in the first and last five minutes of the game. deal with it.

missouri state is a very good team. i love mitchell, laurie and billyeau. hinson's quotes in the post seem solid and classy. i hope for their sake missouri state finishes the season strong and maybe we can rematch in the 3rd round of the ncaa tourney.

for your sake and the other a$$hole fans that continue to flood our board crying: too f'ing bad.

what i have taken from our two games with the missouri valley with two of the supposed elite teams, siu and missouri state, while both teams were good, they were nothing special compared to the billikens. if we faced both on neutral courts 10 times each i'd venture to say the billiken would win as many as they lost at least.

I now beleive that doug elgin and the valley are total geniuses. they have indeed figured out the rpi formula and have successfully been able to portray their teams at a level that may or may not prove how good they are but definitely shows them in the best light.

elgin should be made the head of the ncaa.

Don't know the hotel at this point ... there was an ad here in the Baltimore paper last Sunday on a "package" deal at Bally's. Bally's seems to own a number of place on the AC boardwalk. Claridge. Sands. Closest to the venue is the Trump Plaza; suggest you get as close as you can as walking the wind swept boardwalk on a cold, cold March day can be quite painful. Rates I saw didn't look too, too bad .... about $100 a night for weekdays; consdierable jump for a Friday or Saturday night stay .... Trump went from $100 a night to $300. Be careful.

Our plans are fluid. We usually don't buy full game packages and usually only do two nights hotel. History has not been kind over time. Still keeping weather watch for golf clubs. If we go out early, I am not so far away in Baltimore that me and the buds pack up and head back to the manse for the rest of the weekend.

Don't know of anyone else coming at this juncture.