Watched Mizzery

slu72

last night. My oh my, that is a team that just doesn't know how to spell effort. You can smell the talent, but it goes into hibernation. By the way Randy looked decent at PG. Not any wild drives to the hoop. Some nice passes inside. That guy Linas Kleiza(?) is a load. Just imagine if we had him and TF sharing time at the 5. Paulding made one NBA style dash to the hoop and then nothing. Something is very wrong in the state of Columbia. There is just no way a team with that much individual talent can be 6-6. If Steinbrenner owned Mizzery Q would be gone...

I flipped between the Mizzou game and the UNM - Wyo game. Your are correct, Mizzou just didn't seem motivated. The announcer mentioned several times the they are being investigated by the NCAA. Was he hinting at a reason for the lackluster play?

It has been about 10 years since I have been in the Hearnes Center. It looked pretty good on TV and I can't help but wonder why they need a new venue.

It really is amazing when you watch this team underachieve. Q better find the right combo sooner than later or they're going to find themselves missing the NIT. It's got to be frustrating, not that I feel in anyway sorry for Mizzery's faithful, when your program invites an investigation and you still can't win with your ALLEGED ill gotten players. You don't think they'll go after squeaky clean UB as a replacement, do you? Maybe they'll bring 'Zo back to the state of Missouri-not likely.

a coach search might be difficult with the impending ncaa action. one thing i bet the missouri people have to be thinking about now is taking a sword for the benefit of the ncaa. i mean now it is obvious they wont get a good seed, might not even make the tourney. if i was alden, i would self penalize myself now and hope the ncaa says, ok, good enough. take the post season ban, fire a coach(s), take away a scholarship and move on.

exactly why they might as well take a knee. before, the hope was that they would get a high seed, and with the pod system, they would have played all their games in kc and st louis, thus the belief they would get to the final four. now they will probably at best if they get in at all, an 8 or a 9 seed, i.e. any tourney visit is probably short lived. why not try to make sure that your penalties are as little as possible rather than put it in the ncaa's hands?

I also watched and I am amazed how poorly this AA lineup is coached. I mean there is little to no flow to their game...they were jacking up and missing 3's right and left. I don't remember seeing Conley in the game...am I wrong, or did he make a cameo appearance that I just missed?

Also, I thought that the media honks had written that the NCAA had finished their investigation and would announce their findings/hand out any penalty in the early part of January??? Did the NCAA hounds dig a little deeper in order to find the real dirt??? Stay Tuned!!!

about a week before the Clemmons jailhouse tapes came out. While the NCAA may have known about the tapes existence at that point the accusations and publicity of them surely made them delay the timing. Apparently even if the NCAA rules on something Mizzou could appeal and move this into May or June, thus keeping alive a potential birth in the NCAA.

If the NCAA allowed Mizzou to self-impose after the Big 12 tourney (and it was obvious they weren't going to the dance anyway) it would make me lose all faith in the sport. Even now, if they self imposed it would look like a half-hearted punishment as they are certainly not in at this point.

michigan did it last year and it was obviously a good tactical move as now the michigan team looks like a bubble team whereas last year they were not. the ncaa went along with their sanctions.

what's even more amazing on the conley front is all the cheating they went thru to get him and now they dont even use him?

I thought the same thing as I watched parts of the game last night. I never saw him play and I see from the box score that he played five minutes and scored 0 points. What a letdown for him and his family. I am sure pretty Q enticed him with visions of an NBA career, etc.

I continue to believe that pretty Q is one of the worst coaches in country and I think the fans at Missouri are starting to believe that as well. It was hysterical last night when the only player playing with intensity and effectiveness was Linas K. and Q took him out of the game. The fans started to loudly boo the coach and within 30 seconds he put him back in the game. The fact that that guy is not starting is a joke. He is by far their best all around player.

Driving home from the office I listened to the pregame radio show for the Tigers and they were saying that the national bracket predictors did not have Missouri in the NCAA tournament. they both said that the Syracuse game was a must game to develop some credibility with the national pundits, etc. so much for the "must" game. They played like it was a preseason game. So many uncontested layups it was a joke!

i was studying the rpi this morning. missouri is in big time trouble. they can no longer skate by just by beating the lower teams. they will have to get hot and beat most of the top big 12 teams as well. it appears to me by looking at conference rpi picture, that right now, the conference is a mess. not only is missouri down the rpi list, as is oklahoma and ok state. the ncaa will not be able to justify taking 3 "traditional powers" and leap frogging 2-3 other conference teams. couple that with the fact that the conference is the 8th ranked conference, my guess is that the ncaa guys are sweating bullets on this one.

the acc is loaded. they have 8 out of 9 teams with sub 50 rpi's and last place clemson is 55! i would not want to be the tourney picker committee this year and explain any shenanigan picks they will be faced with.

http://teamrankings.com/ncb/8confratings.php3

i think the big 12 at this time will get 4 and conference usa will also get 4. the benefit of the rpi this year will be the acc who might get a record 8 - 9 teams. in years past the acc has gotten 3.

7-8 teams. The NCAA has an unofficial/official rule that you need to be .500 in conference to get in. It is nearly impossible for 7 or 8 teams in a 9 team conference to finish .500 or better. many of those 40/50 type RPIs will drop as they finish 4-12 in conference.

My best guess is the Big 12 gets 5 teams and CUSA also gets 5.

great point about the 500 record thing kshoe. they have crossed it couple of times, but you are correct that they wont do it for more than maybe one team in the conference. still the acc race will be a fun one to watch shake out. i stand corrected on the #'s.