who is nate arends?

billiken_roy

i have a nonbasketball fan friend that told me the billikens are seriously recruiting him. any info from anyone that has seen nate play? what class? size? his stltoday stats are respectable.

Don't know anything about him other than he is avg 13 rebounds a game right now...and that his high school team is bad and plays a HORRIBLE schedule in small schools. Trinity btw is the merger of old Rosary High School and St. THomas Aquinas High School im North County...big time socer schools, not much else.

http://prepsports3.stltoday.com/basketball...hedule5131.shtm

>Guys, that's the school of one Mike Jones. You know, the

>one that plays on the basketball team for which this board

>exists.

I had no idea that was the same kid. I didnt recognize him when he came in at end of the matchup with Harris-Stowe. I saw him play a lot in high school against Cardinal Ritter every year. I remember him being a quick pg, and a lefty if I'm not mistaken. He knows my brother. Mike's senior year Ritter beat them by a combined 75 pts in their 2 meetings My brother gave them 22pts and 13 rebounds in one of the outings. http://prepsports3.stltoday.com/basketball...vent199029.shtm

He's a local kid, good for him. He should've told my brother to come walk on with him. I know they could've used a 6'3 high flyer in practice.

I haven't seen him play for a couple years. This is Thames first year and he thinks he can really grow a program up there. For those who don't know Trinity is on Redman and Bellefontaine Rd about a mile or two east of 367. Team has been bad for years but Thames believes he can snag some kids from the north city, jennings, and the north county area who would not have considered Rosary without him there. If this is legit I will check this kid out next Friday.

I asked around to some people at Lutheran St Chuck about Trinity. Hill dominated their game last night. If we are recruiting anybody on Rosary it is him. Arends is not close to a D-1 player.