Tell me again why people think Voyoukas will get drafte

VTIME

Are you a scout? I guess so since you think anyone on Harris-Stowe could start on the D-1 level. No one really cares if you think he's good enough or not.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

I don't care, I don't want to hear it from the guy who knows less about basketball then my 3 year old neice. If Ian was black, V would be comparing him to Shaq

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

OUCH!

The Bills got abused like a neighbors mule! As for IV, I thought he did very little in this tourney. I just heard from a college bud that was at the game. He said that the three NBA scouts he recognized got up and left at half-time. If they were there to see IV, don't you think they had to have put a big red question mark behind his name?

Now Law and Jones are another matter! They are both obvious future players at the next level - IMO.

Law and Jones may both be told they undersized and they may not get drafted. Look at more dominant guys like Leon Powell and Ryan Gomes who went late second round. Jones hasnt been nearly as dominant as either of them or a Craig Smith. All of those guys were undersized pf's who were great college players and still barely got drafted. Jones isnt nearly as dominant as them, so I dont think he'll be drafted. Even last year's Big 12 POY PJ Tucker went second round, and he's currently in the D-League. Law would have to have a big year to get drafted too. He's not better than Charlotte's Alexander to me. Similar lefty guard. The 2007 draft is loaded with a bunch of prospects who could've gone at the top of the draft last season, like the top of the 2006 high school class sans Greg Oden who says he'll stick around and the college guys who could've gone pro like Florida frontcourt of Brewer, Horford and Noah, Aaron Gray, Richard Roby, Brandon Rush etc. I could go on and on.

Because you can't teach height. Three mediocre guys throwing 18 fouls at someone like Yao and Shaq is well worth the trade off in today's WWE NBA.

All one has to do is look at guys named Reeves, McNamara, Olowokandi, Dalembert, Oostertag, Kempton, and others to see how height turns into a career near the end of an NBA bench. Heck, it goes all the way back to Darryl Dawkins coming out of high school in the 80's.

Nice to see Leon Powell got drafted last year. Maybe that's why we can't get him to ink his LOI.

i have to defend vtime on this one. this was a game that ian should have come out ready to show the world. it was a huge opportunity to prove his worth and how can anyone deny he got it handed to him. a number of times he had chances to slam home a shot and instead chose something softer that failed. i couldnt beleive how often the a&m bigs took rebounds away or just went by ian for baskets.

if it was an off night so be it. but if ian wants to be taken seriously as a national player, these are exactly the games he has to show up for and take over. there is no defending him on this guys.

>Because you can't teach height. Three mediocre guys

>throwing 18 fouls at someone like Yao and Shaq is well worth

>the trade off in today's WWE NBA.

>

>All one has to do is look at guys named Reeves, McNamara,

>Olowokandi, Dalembert, Oostertag, Kempton, and others to see

>how height turns into a career near the end of an NBA bench.

> Heck, it goes all the way back to Darryl Dawkins coming out

>of high school in the 80's.

>

>Nice to see Leon Powell got drafted last year. Maybe that's

>why we can't get him to ink his LOI.

I cant see Ian get drafted. 6'10 is not exceptionally tall. He's a short center or an extremely slow pf at the NBA level. Who wants that? Not to diss Ian, but if an extremely talented player like Paul Davis is drafted very late in a draft considered the weakest in years that didnt have high schoolers taking up spots from college players, how do you expect Ian to get drafted in a draft that supposed to be one of the deeper drafts in years?

... focusing, focusing, focusing .... big pale blue battleship on the horizon .... S.S. Carolina call signals ..... Captain Hansborough at the helm .....

One has to wonder what that collision will look like. UNC is a lot easier to get up for at home then A&M on the road, don't you think? Its Ian's one and only chance for national TV exposure. For some reason, I am thinking there might be a greek demon possessed in that one. Just a thought ....

after last night, i am sweating thinking of our bigs meeting mr hansborough and company.

this may sound a little out there considering reputations and all, however, i do not expect north carolina to play anywhere near the defense that a&m played us last night. i believe mr williams will assume they dont need to play that way to beat us. and offensively he may be right.

my point is, while ian may be overwhelmed, i am still holding out hope our guards will have an easier time on the offensive end.

NC is still very young but man are they loaded. Our very big challange will be what to do with Mr. Wright as we try to help on Mr. H. I think he may be one of the best big men in the country--much better than anyone that A and M has -- based upon my watching of NC games last week. NC is incredibly deep but inexperienced. We will have to be much more energized than we were yesterday if we are going to hope to stay with them!

Does anybody really believe that a college basketball game played in November and shown only in Texas and MO is the big stage?

The NBA has scouts everywhere and Ian will get many chances in the future to impress them, including but certainly not limited to games against the likes of UNC.

And after the college basketball season is over, his performances in the NBA draft camps will probably have more to do with his draft positioning then his performance at SLU. that is one of the only times he will be matched up with similarly talented big-men.

>NC is still very young but man are they loaded. Our very big

>challange will be what to do with Mr. Wright as we try to

>help on Mr. H. I think he may be one of the best big men in

>the country--much better than anyone that A and M has --

>based upon my watching of NC games last week. NC is

>incredibly deep but inexperienced. We will have to be much

>more energized than we were yesterday if we are going to

>hope to stay with them!

UNC is so deep that the big time recruits Green and Ginyard who shared time last year are sitting on the bench in favor of freshman Wayne Ellington. Ellington is starting over both of them and its not because he took a step back, its because he's that good and wouldnt be in college if you could go pro out of high school. Wright would be a pro too. I'm not sold on Rayshawn Terry as a wing. He's improved his perimeter game, but he's not there yet, still more of a 4. Maybe we can play off of him to help on Tyler and just hope Terry misses. Quentin Thomas, the backup pg on the championship team of 2005 cant even get in the game. Lawson, Green and Ginyard coming off the bench. Enough said. They are my #2 team behind Florida.

V,

I'd be surprised if IV got drafted in June ....pleasantly surprised.

However, I will also give you a dollar for every opposing post-player that gets 13 or more rebounds in a game Texas A&M this season..... if you give me a dollar for every team who's post-players do not get 13 rebounds in a game. Do we have a bet?

IV had 13 rebounds against A&M.

How about I give you 50 dollars if Ian averages 10 rebounds per game or more. As badly as both teams shot the ball I'm not surprised that he had 13 rebounds. We need to stop babying him and expect him to get tough. He's a senior and needs to be more consistent. He got a lot of those rebounds in garbage time by the way when A&M's reserves were in and taking wild shots. Its not like he outbattled Jones or anything. Hopefully Ian gets a mean streak. I doubt he gets drafted, but he can probably play in the D-League. He's still a step slow and out of shape to me. Maybe he can retool his body like Udonis Haslem did. He was 280 when they faced Michigan State in the title game. Now he's fit, a reliable starting power forward, and an NBA Champion.