Earl Austin on 590 right now

brianstl

said that danny brown and bryce husak are huge keys.

ramsey said he believes polk is a bigger key.

earl hedged on ian making the nba. said possibly. needs a big year.

no talk of recruits as they are talking about steroids now.

i am disappointed that no mention of alexander. i sent frank an e-mail over an hour ago to bring it up as well as other recruiting talk.

Actually the development of DP and DB are keys...same for LM. But Husak? What's up with that? Could it be UB is tinkering with the twin towers idea, with IV the PF and BH at center? What's that say about the four guys who are PF's...the freshmen aren't ready for D-1 ball, and JJ ain't ever gonna be ready?

no i think he means that husak has to be a credible replacement for ian this year for foul trouble games, or even the 4-5 minutes per half that ian will likely rest.

personally, i think you go straight to the double power forward in those instances.

who's hating bryce? you made that statement david. no one else said that. earl insinuated that a strong bryce makes the team very deep.

i said i would just as soon see the power forwards play because i think they bring more of a complete game to the table. nothing about husak.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

One thing about Bryce is very clear to me; he alters shots in the paint. While he needs improvement in many areas of defense, his wingspan is a huge factor. I want them to keep working hard with him; we might get one great year from him next year. BTW, he beats Obi down the court...