How did we win this game?

kshoe

you know what they say about ifs and butts, too.

people might have left the arizona game a little happier had reggie had a smaller shoe size, too. that's how the game goes.

the kid missed the one and one and we're happy. if we go to marquette next week and play a perfect game and lose by two, i won't be happy. i wasn't happy what we lost to arizona, top five ranking, notwithstanding and we played a great game against them. i'm much happier that we barely beat eastern kentucky and played like crap than losing to arizona with a great effort.

bad boyz for life

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the initial post of this thread is negative ... but to claim that this is an extremely negative board is ridiculous. Most of us post our true feelings and most negative comments are due to wanting the Bills to be great. Of course there are some negative posters ... but by no means the majority. So please don't act like we are all "haters".

I personally thought it was a great win ... I thought K State surprised us by playing as much zone as they did. They have quick and athletic inside players which made getting the ball inside very difficult. Coach stated that we only practiced a little for the zone as they have only played it sparingly throughout this season. Reggie started out 0 for 5 or 6 ... but I love the way he knows he is the man and just kept his confidence and lead us to this win. On JF's drive they were in a box and one ... with the man on Reggie. JF made a great play to finish the game. They did throw up some prayers and got lucky and were allowed to use our backs as ladders for offensive tip-ins. They also did an outstanding job off creating space with the dribble and hitting thier jump shots. I thought they played well ... but so did we and we deserved to win.

Some good stats

8 of 9 Free Throws

11 Offensive boards to their 10.

18 assist 8 turnovers

RB after his 1st 5 misses ... field 7-14 ... 3pt 7-11

KSt. Avg PPG coming in 72.6

I had a post earlier about expectations of the team so far and said Reggie had met mine ... if I would have done that post after this game I would have said exceeded as I was on the border of how to list him anyway. I just loved him this game ... to start out the way he did and then score 25 pts. He and Josh lifted us up and carried us to this win. AD showed why I like him off the bench ... his enthusiasm and intensity spark us. His waving to the crowd to get up and cheer at the end of the game was huge. The crowd yelling can give a player that extra adrenaline that can help him make a stellar defensive play.

Today showed why we badly need an on campus arena ... during the last minute I was up yelling for everybody to get up and they slowly did about half of them in our area. It took AD to wave for everybody to get on their feet. That is unbelievable this was a back and forth game with your team down by 5 with a minute plus left ... let the team know we care. STAND UP AND BE HEARD

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Thanks to Nashville Billiken I learned that the game was on Direct TV and I was able to catch the 2nd 1/2.

Reggie played great! I should hope that with his performance of 18 aganist Butler, 15 aganist Dayton and 25 this afternoon>> Reggie is a very good candidate for 'CUSA Player of the Week'.

middle of the pack finishes in the Big 12 mean more than finishing 4th in CUSA. As you know, that fourth place finish in CUSA didn't get SLU into the tourney.

On the other hand, Mizzou finishes sixth and fifth in the Big 12 (admittedly middle of the pack) and get to the Big Dance. Be glad you don't have to face KU, OU, TT on a regular basis.

When CUSA gets as many tourney teams as the Big 12, then come talk to me. Otherwise, you're fighting a losing battle.

Bottom line is when the inside game is not there than you have to break the zone with outside shooting - KState gambled and lost. We stepped up and starting hitting the 3s when we needed to and that is all that counts. Good teams finally find a way to do what is necessary to win and that is what happened today - for a team not known for its outside shooting we ended up scoring what we usually do despite no real presence at the foul line and virtually no inside game today.

Brehms - the only player that I can even recently remember reading about that there has been questions about his playing too many minutes is Ross and no one ever suggested that he was terrrible just that 20 minutes a game is too much for him to be playing.

The real clutch shot was the 3 from Sloan - he was struggling to score all day but he knocked that shot down like he had a hot hand all day. Without Sloan's shot the game would not have been in a situation for Josh to win it. By the way, I was at the game and KState was no where close to scoring at the end - to say somebody was standing under the basket waiting for a pass so they can just lay it in is like saying when the ball is being brought in from under your basket and your player is standing by the other basket that you are just one slick pass away from scoring. The Bills played good defense during the last 8 seconds.

Yeah I was sitting in the family and friends section that is how I got the tix from a friend of a friend. So I was cheering for AD a little more than usual.

sarcasm at it's best. i am loving the FACT that missouri is sucking, the big 12 is sucking and more to come.

what you are not grasping aj is that most of the rpi ratings are made by january. it is near to impossible for the conference rpi to rise after that.

MVC and other lesser conferences. However in premier conferences like the Big 12, I would imagine their RPIs will rise. It helps when you have three top 10 caliber teams in your conference. Then you have teams like Mizzou, Okla St and Texas Tech which will hover at least in the 30s and 40s and that's being conservative. On the other hand, there are so many dogs in the A-10 and CUSA that the RPIs for SLU and others will diminish over conference play.

there is a reason the conference is rated 8th. yes, kansas and the other big dogs will have nice ratings, but the bottom dwellers must really be bad for the conference to be rated where it is. so missouri's rpi may rise when they get to play oklahoma for example, but then they have to play baylor or texas a&m and that sends it back down. no, the conference rpi wont rise playing each other.